1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Hickey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 19, 2020.

Discuss Aaron Hickey in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphy88

I don't see the fee being anywhere near £5m. Hearts are on the bones of their * and teams know it. He will go for £2m tops in my opinion.

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Every penny will be a prisoner this window Sean. Just haven't seen anything that makes him stand out so far.

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Could be as low as early 1s with a sell on

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  4. Crilly

Would love to see this lad come in, very good talented at such a young age, even a season or half a season out on loan to another spfl squad. I literally can’t see a negative to this move, he’s not gonna be first choice but if he doesn’t go on loan and gets game time he can try mark the position as his like KT did

Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  5. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Yep remember that game v us where he started 'limping' because he was getting ripped to shreds by Dembele, from memory his game didn't improve after it. He was good against Hibs in the game you mentioned however in the most recent derby he was still getting done easily by Boyle , not that there is anything wrong with considering the lad is 17, but it seems to be most of the hype about him is because of his age rather than his ability. Do we really need 3 very average left backs at the club next season? What the lad needs is game time, would be very surprised if he came here and played more than 10 games next season, him playing in a team like Hearts (although *) is good for his development so let him be

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Is he coming or is it just rumours still at present. Could pick him up for buttons tbf if true.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

McGowan of the Daily Mail said we're in for him, he used to be reasonably close to the board although heard that the relationship frayed a wee bit after he was critical of our transfer policy.

With him now entering the last 12 months of his contract, us having the sell-on clause and Hearts needing cash, the fee required would be 6-figures nothing near what some have been saying on here with £2m+ estimates.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He is 17 ffs.. already played in a cup final and has clocked up more appearences in the spl than some manage in their careers.
    Dembele is widely touted as a wonderkid. Like i said he could have went off but he didnt and he stuck to task. How many times did lustig go off, and then play the very next game?
    What were you doing when you were 17?

If he were available at a cheap price, there would be very little risk. Could be the next Robertson and has years to develop further.

9. Heb Celt

I can finally say this ‘he’s good on FM’:fear:

10. Foley1888

At 17 the boy does seem to have potential but as others have said we could sign him to go straight in the first team and getting a game here and there will do nothing for his development. Could we do what we done with Christie in say we sign him for £750kish given the time he has left on his deal and the fact we are due 30% of any fee, then leave him at Hearts for next season? He would then be only 18 and have another year of senior football under his belt. Potentially we could even offer Hearts another player on loan as part of the deal?

My only caveat to the above would be we will need to see what level of football Hearts will play next year, SPL or Championship and if the later will it start and run the same as SPL? Only time will tell on that one.

11. john2061

Think we should pass on this one as haven't seen anything that he would improve the team .

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

From what I’ve seen he definitely has talent and obviously at 17 is going to make mistakes and struggle against us.

Happily take a punt on him and rid of Boli, Taylor first pick with Hickey and Hayes for back up. Might be worth loaning Hickey out for a season.

13. Al Bootyerbaws

I’d definitely take a punt on him could do a lot worse.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They wouldn't have got £5m for him if there was no coronavirus and they had managed to stay up. Now with them relegated and the current financial climate, they'd do well to get anything near £2m.

15. jambo_cfc

Dnt really rate him tbh , fitness would be a concern as the few gamesi have seen him he always seems to need to stop and stretch his calfs n stuff during a game. Dnt see him as an improvement on taylor or boli altho he is younger.

16. made in ireland

He’s looked mince every time that I’ve seen him play.

I don’t think he’s anywhere near being an upgrade on any of the left backs that we currently have - and none of them are even good enough. I appreciate he’s still quite young, but I’ve honestly seen nothing from him to want Celtic to buy him.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s 17, Frimpong was bought as a prospect at almost 19 with a much stronger pedigree. Only exceptional circumstances (I.e. he was flying in training, Elhamed was injured and Bauer wasn’t up to much) led to him getting his chance.

He isn’t being bought to be our first choice, first team, left back. Initially anyway. I’d have to say as well, from the limited amount of times we’ve seen him I would definitely say he wasn’t ‘mince’. Extremely raw for want of a better word but definitely talented.

The_Bhoy and Taz like this.
  18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    What a lot of our supporters forget is we will never buy a world class player, but we have a good shout at developing or producing them. I'd rather give this lad with such potential a chance rather than spend another 4.5 mill on mutton dressed as lamb from some continental team.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Cringer67

I hear some are saying buy him then loan him out. Whilst this does make sense in normal circumstances, we are not living in normal circumstances. COVID aside (which brings its own financial problems), We are going for 10IAR and i think every penny this year should be used to strengthen the first team. Not used on 'projects'

Short sighted? Perhaps. But we will never get another shot at 10.

Garrymac1888, The_Bhoy and JC Anton like this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Looking at our LBs, as it stands I wouldn't loan him.. If we give Hayes a new deal we may loan him for a season...

Lenny doesn't trust Bolingoli, that's obvious so he would probably deputise for Taylor, if Hayes isn't re-signed or if Bolingoli is sold he'd get the game time.

Cringer67 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.