1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Calvin Miller

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by T.Rogne25, Oct 14, 2013.

Discuss Calvin Miller in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Well here's another way to look at it. He's already well known as a player having been on loan at Dundee and Ayr and known to be a celtic fan. So can't see what any fan, a zombie apart, would have a problem with his tattoos. Surely signing fir their club is good enough

jake10 likes this.
  2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Only seen him play for us the once and he did look lost/in awe of where he was playing, good luck to him and what a stunning tattoo, it won’t cause him any more bother than he’s going to get anyway, good luck to him and hope he’s a late bloomer, like Robertson

Scott smyth likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This is Scotland, are you oblivious to the abuse McGeady and McCarthy took playing in this league? Their crime was having the temerity to choose to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Bayern Bru and TheHappyLoss like this.
  4. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Best of luck to him. I'm sure he could see that decision coming.

5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aw take a day off man. I think you know what he means ffs.

No the brightest thing to do when you're a professional football player, is it?

That's it! That's all he means. Now go have a * or something, whatever makes you feel better. Or tell us who else you know....we canny wait m8 :50:

6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Don't get your point. Miller is Scottish so your argument isn't relative at all. All he has is a tattoo relating to celtic. Half the players nowadays have them whether it's relating to a club, family, their country or whatever. No matter who signs for will be about ability nothing else.

Celticbhoy17 likes this.
  7. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ffs what a *!!! I said I knew the family not the player himself so don't get the * you've posted. My point was only that the family was Tim's and that having a tattoo is something he would have had whether he played for us or not. Don't you think he doesn't give a * what potential clubs fans think about it by getting it ffs. He will get a team no matter the tattoo and imo only a small minded support would care as long as he plays well for them
    Ps I know quite a few players, probably mostly before your time, but I only commented because I knew the family well

Celticbhoy17 likes this.
  8. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    :56::56::76:

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If you believe him having that tattoo and playing for another club in Scotland won’t raise issues then I think you are being a bit naive.

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guess the boy lived part of his dream by donning the hoops. But, at the end of the day, just not good enough, am sure he will find a club and hopefully, have a successful career.
    And he will always be a Tim.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Best of luck to him. Hopefully he goes on and has a career. Not many get to pull on the Hoops so not too shabby a start to it, pity given he came through the academy he didn't quite make the grade but no shame in that given the competition.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  13. apevrak

He will kick on and forge himself a nice career either in a Premiership club or elsewhere. Shame he wasn't able to establish himself here, but who knows what the future brings? Best of luck to him!

14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Best of luck, he lived the dream and wore the hoops.

15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's a pity he didn't make it here but he's taking it all very well and it's great to hear him say he's loved every minute of it and is positive about the next step in his long career hopefully at a very decent level.

Wish him all the best.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CALVIN MILLER is ready to stand on his own two feet away from Celtic — after learning to walk again.

The winger was released by the Hoops last week after a decade at the club.

But the writing was on the wall as soon as he did his cruciate in the opening weeks of his final season.

Miller, 22, said: “Celtic was all I knew. I supported the club then signed for them when I was 12.

It’s been my life for ten years and I’ve been lucky to get the contracts to stay as long as I have. I’m sad to be leaving and I’ve got amazing memories.

“I know a lot of the coaches and I’ve spoken to them all.

“I’ve not been able to say a proper goodbye by shaking hands at Lennoxtown but it won’t be a goodbye because I’ll keep in touch with them.

“I sort of knew leaving was on the cards. Last August I’d come back from my loan at Ayr by which time Brendan Rodgers had left

Under Neil Lennon I got the vibe, because teams were getting made in training and I wasn’t in his plans.

I was still training with the first team but the squad was ridiculous.

“I tried to get out on loan but didn’t manage it. Maybe two weeks after the window shut I played my first or second reserve game to get my fitness up and did my ACL.

“That was me done for the season so it couldn’t have worked out any worse. The physios at Celtic were great and helped with the mental and physical side.

They pushed me through things I didn’t think I’d be able to take as I had to learn how to walk again. They drove me through my limits and I’ve benefited now.

“But I spoke to Chris McCart and John Kennedy last week and when you hear it for real it sinks in even more.

“It was emotional when I put it out on social media I was leaving.”

Miller is a month away from being in a position to train and is about to get his own physio to complete his recovery.

He’s willing to consider all offers — and reckons he’s become a better player for working under ex-Hoops boss Rodgers.

Attacker Miller was handed his debut at left-back, with Rodgers comparing the switch to the one he made with Ryan Bertrand at Chelsea.

Miller said: “Not many people my age got to make five starts for Celtic and I’m grateful for that. I can still go and achieve other things.

“When I first joined the junior academy Martin Miller was an incredible coach. Everyone looked up to him and he was a very likeable person.

“I also had Tommy McIntyre, John Kennedy and Stevie Frail. They were strict but it was tough love and how you learned.

“When Brendan came in he was incredible with me. He made me a better player and I learned something every day.

I’d still say I’m a winger. When Brendan wanted me in his team you’d be left-back but because he was so dominant in possession it was like being a winger.

“It was just a case of how attacking the team was. If any manager asked me to play there again I wouldn’t say no. I’d do it for the team.

“My debut was a surreal moment. There was the noise and the huddle.

“The ten years went so quickly. These moments pass by so fast so you have to live them when it happens.

Being in amongst the Double Treble and on the bus after the Cup final then celebrating in front of the fans at Celtic Park are moments I’ll never forget.

To even play a small part in nine in a row, I should be more than happy with that.

“If Brendan had still been there then who knows what might have happened. But people move on.

“He suited my style and I suited his style. I was happy with what I did and I don’t have any regrets.

“Just now I’m getting my own physio and getting my knee perfect for wherever I go. If I get my knee right, then there’s no doubt I’ll get somewhere.

eire4 and The67Sound like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic star Calvin Miller is nearing a switch to French side Amiens as he closes in on a fresh start.

The 22-year-old and his agent have travelled to France as he gets set to put pen to paper on a deal with the Ligue 2 outfit after leaving the Hoops last month.

Amiens were left seething after being relegated from Ligue 1 when the season was called by the French government during lockdown.

But the Stade de la Licorne side have dusted themselves down and are eyeing reinforcements in their bid to return to the top flight.

And they believe Miller fits the profile they are looking for ahead of the new campaign.

The versatile former Scotland youth international is adept in a variety of position with former Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers handing him opportunities at left-back

18. celtic warrior

Interesting move, could be a decent one for him.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    See if I was at his level and his age, I'd love a move to France or that.

What an adventure, all the best

HH 4eva A cELt :shamrock:

Lilac Wine, Graeme1888 and NomDePlum like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We are delighted to announce the permanent signing of former Celtic player Calvin Miller.

The 22-year-old winger had been linked to Gillingham and Sporting Kansas City in recent weeks, having spent time with Plymouth Argyle during pre-season, but joins up with Simon Weaver’s men ahead of Saturday’s League Two clash with Bolton.

The manager is delighted to have the Glasgow born man on board:

“I’m very pleased to get some speed in as an attacking option and I think we’ll see the best of him going forward. Calvin has a good left foot and can deliver at pace.

“His tenacity was there for everyone to see right from session one, which is a must for us.”

Miller began his career at Celtic at the age of 12 and appeared in a number of international youth tournaments before being handed his first team debut by then Manager Brendan Rodgers in 2016.

Further first team appearances followed before departing the Scottish Champions in May 2020, having missed the majority of the 2019/20 campaign through injury.

While at Celtic Park, Miller enjoyed loan spells in the Scottish Premiership and Championship, gaining regular football at Dundee and Ayr United respectively.

Calvin will wear the number 19 while at Town.

We would like to welcome him to the club and look forward to seeing him in action.