1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eboue Kouassi

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by 4-4-2, Jan 3, 2017.

Discuss Eboue Kouassi in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Had some dodgy moments but I thought he had something about him.

He played at home against Hearts and then Zenit at home (consecutive games I’m sure) and he was really good. Tenacious off the ball and always trying to make space to receive it. Was at the preseason game vs Sunderland away where he played and, again, I thought he looked like a good player.

Hope he kicks on at Gent for the sake of his own career but may also go to show that we need to give young players more of a chance when they are fit.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic midfielder Eboue Kouassi has been struck down by malaria for the second time in three years.

The Ivory Coast star moved to Genk last month in a £1.3million deal after a disappointing spell at Celtic - where he made just seven league starts since a £2.8m move from Krasnodar three years ago.

But he's suffered a setback in his new career in Belgium after being hospitalised with another bout of malaria.

Kouassi contracted the virus just weeks after his arrival at Celtic and was sent to hospital for treatment before being discharged.

Last week, he complained of feeling unwell at training and tests showed he had picked up the tropical disease.

He's been in hospital in Genk for several days, but is expected to be discharged before the weekend and he should be given the all-clear to resume training soon.

Kouassi spoke about recovering from malaria when he was at Celtic.

He said: "I wasn't afraid, I just felt quite tired. It was okay.

It’s knocked me back a little and delayed my chances of making an impact at the start, but I am just delighted to be fit again.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Goal
    for Fc Arouca in the Portuguese cup against Leca

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Who is he with now?

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Gent but he’s on loan to Arouca.