1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Henrik Larsson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by PaddyBhoy, Apr 4, 2011.

Discuss Henrik Larsson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SkyeCelt

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Best possible way I can describe henrik larsson he is and was to Celtic and Scottish football what Michael Jordan is to Chicago bulls and nba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aw man, never been so pleased for a player in my life :62:

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Showed that his decision to leave was the right one. Won back to back la liga's and a champion's league a year after leaving us..

If we're all honest, he stayed with us too long..

Hard to imagine us getting a player like that again in our lifetime from abroad who was genuinely world class and didn't want to move after a few year..

Unbelievable player and unbelievable loyalty as he could've picked anyone he wanted. Still ended up at 2 of the biggest club's on the planet well in to his 30's..

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We also paid him more than any player in our history. We still cant pay the wages today that he got back then. He was one of the top paid players in the UK.

But he will forever be burnt into my heart and will not leave. An entire generation of kids are named after that man :56:

cidermaster likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that's true about the disparity in money now between us and the top league's..

He still could've left for United or anyone at his peak and won loads..

cidermaster likes this.
  10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Totally mate. And I selfishly still took him for granted at the time. We were spoiled rotten having him and I just grew to expect him to bag goals every game.

Fortunate enough that the years me and my old man had our STs included his last few years with us, blessed to witness such a legend and forever grateful he stayed with us so long.

Easily my favourite player ever, as Im sure he is for most of us. Will talk about him in years to come the way older guys talk about Jinky and the Lions.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I still mind when we played raith rovers and I was in the home stand. My dad told me to stay quiet because we wasnt in the away section.. que 90% of the home stand shouting "come on larsson!!" :56: * player

cidermaster and Marty McFly like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    We all took him for granted I bet mate..

Aye I genuinely feel sorry for those younger who never saw or can't really remember him..

We'll never have another like him in our lifetime. I'm sure of it..

Yep. The king without a doubt :50:

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I remember watching his debut for Man U against Villa in the FA Cup back in the day.I only watched to it to see him.The pundits were talking how good he was,which i was proud and then he scored a brilliant goal,i was so proud.At the time the people i knew who supported Man U were all very excited he was with them.

14. ladbroke8

What game?

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

I hope your wrong but most likely your right we will not see another Larsson staying at Celtic for a long spell in my lifetime. I am just thankful that I was able to enjoy and savour his time in the hoops. Funny is I can still remember the day of his debut away to Hibernian when he came on gave away a bad pass which lead to their winner. I was so * I ran a red light on the way home after. Some guy chases after me and pulls up alongside me later and shots hey you ran a red light back there and then we both notice we are wearing Celtic tops and start laughing as I said yeah I was so * about that goal I didn't see it. Think it is fair to say he did alright after that inauspicious start!

Garrymac1888 and McChiellini.. like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Algemeen Dagblad managed last week to announce that Dirk Kuyt normally in 2021 takes over from * Advocaat as head coach. Valentijn Driessen, football chief of De Telegraaf , adds on Monday evening that the former attacker plans to take Henke Larsson as an assistant. The latter played in De Kuip between 1993 and 1997 and is still very popular with the following. John de Wolf and Alfons Groenendijk, a good friend of Kuyt, should complete the technical staff.

Dirk Kuyt will be Advocaat's successor at the end of the coming season," Driessen opens his account in Veronica Inside . "He takes Alfons Groenendijk (who left ADO Den Haag in December, ed.) And Henke Larsson, that Swede. And they all come from the stable of agent Rob Jansen. And John de Wolf has a continuous contract, which is actually put down by Feyenoord. This will be the new technical staff after the departure of Advocaat next year. " Larsson played alongside Feyenoord for, among others, Manchester United and Barcelona, which conquered the Champions League with the Swedish attacker in the ranks in 2006. The former striker was most recently active as a trainer at Helsingborgs IF.

Table companion Johan Derksen has his reservations about the influence that Jansen seems to have at Feyenoord. "It is unhealthy for Rob Jansen to determine the technical staff at Feyenoord." Kuyt's planned appointment is also viewed with suspicion. "On what basis should he be appointed? Kuyt has trained a youth team (Under-19, ed.) At Feyenoord. He did not do that well. Everyone was dissatisfied with him. He did not dare to train Feyenoord Under-21. He thinks: If this doesn't work, I might not become a head coach . He will now look around everywhere. And then he will become the head coach of Feyenoord. "

Derksen also questions the way in which Kuyt usually speaks to the press. "And that slime with three press conferences a week. Then he is going to screw everyone's mouth again. Isn't that the man terrible?" In any case, Kuyt will not join the first team of Feyenoord after the summer break, which recently extended the contract with Advocaat by one year. "Lawyer did not want Kuyt on his staff. He wants to be able to determine who will be on his staff", assures club watcher Martijn Krabbendam of Voetbal International .
    https://m.voetbalzone.nl/amp/doc.asp?uid=372286

18. scootz

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. scootz

seamus1967 and Marty McFly like this.
  20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Voted again, mon Henke!

scootz likes this.