1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Defo be away I think.... Good player but clearly his head went at the start of last season top end player on his day

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    To be fair he seemed back on task this past season and I thought had a very good season for us. Would rather we kept him especially as I think we will see very little in the way of big money moves this summer or in the next winter window.

Peej likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He looked the happiest I've ever seen him last season. Seemed to be really enjoying his football again. I would be happy if he stayed tbh and I couldn't wait for us to get rid of him last summer

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I guarantee you we won’t swap Ntcham for Forster and Moi. It won’t happen.

What may happen is we end up with them both and Ntcham ends up in Southampton but the deals won’t be linked. A global pandemic doesn’t make a single iota of difference to the nuances of dealing with 3 teams of representatives.

5. murphy88

I can see that being the case as well mate.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well if they were linked or not linked that would be a deal I would jump at. Ntcham is a very good player when on his game and focused. But I would happily sell him to Southampton if that meant we got Forster and Elyounoussi in return.

7. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    We won't get both in a swap i could see us getting Forster as part of the deal it would make sense

8. murphy88

For what it's worth, I don't think we will see a swap deal for them either. However, a pandemic is something completely new to all clubs, and with teams most certainly going to be tightening the purse strings, then I can see a lot more swap deals going forward. There will be very much a shift of power from player to club after this pandemic is over, and representatives of players will have to be a lot more flexible than what they have been in the past.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Southampton are in crisis and needing to offload players if they dont get a new owner

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd rather no lose him to be honest..

He was excellent in the 3-5-2 system and is a top player when on it..

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SOUTHAMPTON could step up their interest in Celtic midfielder Olivier Ntcham — with keeper Fraser Forster included in any deal.

SunSport revealed in February that Saints had targeted the former France Under-21 star.

Now the Premier League club are prepared to include Forster, 32, in their offer.

Celts boss Neil Lennon is desperate to keep the on-loan keeper at Parkhead for next season’s ten in a row bid.

Saints chiefs are understood to be open to talks as they look to get the high-earning back-up off the books.

Celts are prepared to let Ntcham, 24, leave.

The midfielder, who was signed from Manchester City without making a top-team appearance, is believed to be raking in £35,000 a week with Scotland’s champions.

That’s the improved deal he was given after Porto made a move for him two years ago.

Saints coach Ralph Hasenhüttl has been tracking Ntcham for months as he looks to bolster his squad for next season.

The current uncertainty in world football has seen Saints reconsider their targets and their transfer budget is unclear.

But Ntcham is still seen as a realistic target.

Forster still has two years to run on his St Mary’s deal and Saints chiefs would be required to pay him a significant cash settlement to leave this summer.

But Celtic could be able to do a deal which would see the ex-England star return to the club on a long-term contract.

Saints want Ntcham to replace want-away captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

The south-coast side are resigned to losing Tottenham and Everton target Hojbjerg at the end of this season after the Dane publicly expressed his desire to play in the Champions League.

12. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Don't think he was on 35 grand a week for start and if they're willing to throw in Forster as part of the deal. Maybe a few million with a sell on then of 15%/20% why not seems like a good deal all round

13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I read he was on about 18k.he signed with us when he had no club for 2 years, not played in about 3. Even with a contract extension with added pay I doubt he was near 35k.

14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I was talking about the Ntcham one above the article said he is on 35K a week maybe there was some confusion?

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big Fraz is a first team regular, Ntcham is a squad player. Ntcham is good, has potential but we have plenty of cover. A swap deal with sell on fee is the way to go. Ely on loan for another year if poss but get Foster nailed down

Kiwibhoy27 likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ntcham would have left last season had we got Turnbull. Good player on his day excellent from November onwards last season but if he wants to move and we treble our outlay after 3 years great service then thanks for your efforts Oli

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Oh right, wouldn't be surprised with Ntcham being on 35k after his contract extension.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Would be a good deal if it happened, swap Forster for Ntcham and put in a sell-on as we did with Virgil.

He has bags of potential but has been inconsistent overall and sometimes goes missing when his heads not in the game. With McGregor and Christie putting in class performances most weeks you can't justify picking him over those two, and Broony is still an automatic pick.

Would be a good move for Ntcham too so everyone's a winner imo.

19. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    just thought it was very high for a squad player tbh even with his extension seems like a number our top guys like brown would be on

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I cant seen him on 35k a week