1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

10 in a row Squad

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 20, 2020.

Discuss 10 in a row Squad in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Then that would be 5 strikers on the books, plus some of the kids, and would freeze out Bayo and Klimala.
    Klimala should be given a chance. But am starting to fear for Bayo, maybe a loan deal to the like of sheep would get him up to speed with dealing with SPL defenders.

Westlondonscot and The_Bhoy like this.
  2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When we receive the trophy for 10IAR i think every player and manager that took part in those matches should be invited to that match.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A fit Elyounoussi would be perfection.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. ladbroke8

Biggest reaction would be for Paul slane

Gyp Rosetti and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No way is jeff hendrick as good as ntcham. Yeah would be a good signing on a free, but no way is he as good as oli!

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We haven’t given either player a real chance to show what they can do...other than 10-15 minute max or half a game at a time (which puts so much pressure on a new player to try extra hard to prove something) and how are we gonna if eddy and griff are ahead of them also? Being very harsh to write both players off before seeing what they can actually do over a period of time. Bayo, Klimala, griff and eddy are all individually so different as attackers. I think that’s great we have 4 very different options up front

7. murphy88

It's far too early to say how Klimala is. I've seen enough of Bayo to know that he couldn't trap a bag of cement though. He will never make it with us.

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    An extra would be 6. That just makes a bloated squad. We at the very least have 2 really good strikers. Bayo, Klimala and Afolabi will be suitable covers in our league for now.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It would be 5, but my point is that Bayo doesn't look good enough. He's not had a real string of starts, in fairness to him, but he's made quite a few appearances now and just looks so far off the quality we need. Struggles to trap the ball and seems to lack real composure in front of goal. His finishing was actually flagged up as a bit of a problem when we were trying to sign him, if I'm not mistaken.

We have no idea whether Klimala is good enough or not, but going for the 10, I wouldn't want him being our next best option after Eddy and a fairly injury prone Griffiths. Our back up strikers are likely going to be see a fair amount of game time if we go 352, so I'd rather we signed or loaned in someone with more of a track record.

Afolabi shouldn't even be considered at this moment. He needs another loan spell to play regular football.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Completely disagree.

Don't believe for a second you'd feel confident if Eddy got injured and Griffiths had to partner one of those 3. In fact, we'd be more likely to change system to a lone striker because none of them have proved they are good enough yet. Which is perhaps more concerning.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If Eddy or Griff got injured I would switch to 4 5 1, which the team plays well at so that wouldn't concern me. We won games with Lewis Morgan up front, so yeah those 3 are fine back ups.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Keep Eddie for a season and bring in the next Eddie/Dembele, sell Eddie after the 10 and repeat..

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The level of opportunity from Lennon has been poor, rotation of the squad has been poor, I don't expect that to change in a 10 IAR season. How many games have we been out of sight all season and edoaurd isnt whipped off until the 87min. Maybe we would have a better idea what we are dealing with if bayo and klimala (to a lesser extent) had played more mins

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    With the circumstances I would like to see one of 2 young team players in and around the squad. Don't see the point of having good youth if we aren't going to play them surely someone like Deas had 2 seasons on loan at lower leagues clubs

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Totally agree-and same goes for Brown, 3 games in 8 days, nonsense.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  16. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Maybe Soro could come in and take some of the load off Brown by all accounts highly rated yet haven't seen any of him

Dan Breen and The_Bhoy like this.
  17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This is what’s been most frustrating. Up 2 or 3 goals and we don’t start bringing attacking subs on until 80+ minutes. And if we do...it’s always his favourite players haha! I don’t think at all anyone can have a fair view on klimala or Bayo because neither have had long enough opportunities on the pitch to really show what they can do. Bringing a striker on with 10-15 mins left creates more pressure on themselves to overdo things and show the manager they deserve more playing time. We coulda seen a lot more of either player many of the times we were 2+ goals ahead lesser teams in the league but didn’t. Similar signings to soro...we signed all 3 in positions we have really strong starters. The only way they’ll get game time is injuries

Dublin Celt likes this.
  18. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    If Lennon doesn't want to rotate (and I can understand why) then the best thing imo would be to bring in a veteran who's happy as an impact sub. Always think it's easier for someone with experience to come on and make an instant impact. Loan out two from Bayo, Klimala & Alofabi and see where we are in a year.

19. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    We defo need a LB in my opinion along with aCB if Ajer goes. Id take a swap for Benkovic.

20. Jeremie Frimpong

Soro has made over 100 senior club appearances. Why would you put any stock in the fact that he is uncapped at youth level?

Muirhead at Greenock Morton has made more appearances and scored more goals than Klimala in youth international football. Can one glean anything from that? I hope not.