1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It's really hard to call the market just now, even the cash rich teams down there will be looking to offload and sooner rather than later I think.

Forster, I'd push the boat out for. He wins games and points. Best option with Ely is another loan maybe.

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I would make Forster the priority this summer. But Ely would be a dream signing on a permanent, if he’s fit and not showing sign any re occurring injury’s then what a signing he would be. Guy was flying pre betfred cup when he got going, full preseason here and he would be lethal next year.

3. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think this is a reasonable option.
    The more I think about it, I would be content if we were to land FF and keep hold of our first team stars.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd love both as you say, but not sure if Mo will stay now, ai thought I heard tal of him trying.to.get in at Southampton.

As said those 2 and keep all our other players would be good.

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Stephen McGowan saying we’re after Hickey and Michael Olise from Reading.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Never been that impressed with Hickey tbh.

Account Deactivated likes this.
  7. CountyDownFaithful

Hearts will be desperate to cash in and we only need to pay 70% due to 30% sell on clause.

Think the majority can see he’s a young hardworking, talented fullback. It’s a yes from me.

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye I like Hickey, looks promising.

9. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Said it before. He reminds me of Tierney when he first came through. Puts in 100% for the full 90 & looks as if he is blowing out his * by the end. Boy is still young & could get a lot better playing for us. Depending on the fee, i would take him to see what happens.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hickey is a difficult one, you’d be buying potential. He’s still a kid with loads to learn but does have talent.

trackebhoy likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% would take Hickey..

17. Has far more potential than Taylor in my opinion. 2 footed and can play right back. Technically very sound. Decent size, although naturally needs to fill out. Decent pace. Has something about him..

Has he been shown up a few time's domestically? Yep.....but we have to remember he's been thrust in to the worst side in the league who were woeful and he himself was completely mismanaged and ran in to the ground by the * case..

A lot of potential and for a small fee that cuts out the 30% we'd be due anyway..

He's a free bud. 2 year deal or something is zero risk or real outlay at all..

12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hickey has had his development totally screwed up by those 2 freaks at the Diets.
    Reckon he would be worth a punt, low risk.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    If we can't get Mo, I'd try for Paddy again. He'd run amok up here, the type of winger he is, English teams don't play those kind.

And its not that he ain't delivered in Europe either.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  14. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Looks like Lennon is looking to go 3 at the back for most games & this doesn't suit Roberts atall. I thought the only reason Forrest got in before Roberts under Rodgers was because he would track back.

Seen people saying Hickey is a RB, playing LB, is this correct? Iv'e only seen him play LB.

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Possibly because he is two footed???

16. murphy88

Like O'Donnell, I'm not a fan of Hickey either. He is still young with plenty time on his side, I'm not convinced though. We also have three left backs just now, and not one of them is good enough to be first choice. Hickey would mean four that aren't good enough right now.

17. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    2 LBs hayes isn't a LB can play there if he has to that's like saying calmac is a lb cause he played there a few times. Bit harsh saying Taylor isn't good enough needs to a bit more work on his attacking game, thats understandable coming from killie who don't attack as much he's a good defender so think it's a bit harsh to say he isn't good enough

18. murphy88

Hayes has been played as a left back over the past year predominantly when he has played. Taylor isn't good enough. He has not got the pace or a trick to go past his man when he gets into an attacking position. Playing in our team, that is pretty big considering we dominate every domestic game near enough. We are crying out for someone like Izaguirre when he first come to us. I think Bolingoli was expected to be like that, but he is so poor both with the ball and defensively.

19. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Yet Taylor had 5 assists from 14 games out at the LB role is a decent return he will need to develop his attacking more but I think we look more solid down the left when he plays. Good defender only young came from killie where defending was his main objective. Think he knows that his attacking will improve at us problem is everyone is trying to compare to KT etc. He is a one off his attacking wasn't great at 1st either but worked at it, Delia even said as much himself

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. murphy88

I wouldn't be talking about Taylor and Tierney in the same breath mate. We are more solid because the other alternatives are Bolingoli and Hayes. Left back was our weakest position this season, because we need better than what we have. I wouldn't mind keeping Taylor as a backup. The problem we will have is trying to punt Bolingoli.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.