1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'm not for a minute taking anything away from frimpong, I just think Lee O'Connor is going to be frighteningly good. Hopefully the summer permits management to get a good look at not just him but a good few others. with Stephen Kenny now installed in the Ireland senior job we can expect to see O'Connor , Parrott and molumby in the senior squad going forward..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. shaunm

Will be an interesting transfer window coming up,will the board sanction transfer fees?will the squad need trimmed first?

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think ajer will be gone so I think we will buy a centre half, would be great to bring Forster back. I do feel that could be a runner, he seems to really enjoy his football here and I think he wants to be here next season. After that I think it's about bringing players into the squad from young players and signed players like soro klimala and dare I say it shved

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

shaunm likes this.
  4. CountyDownFaithful

I really hope that he kicks on. Spell at Partick didn’t seem to go too well but they are a shambles and the environment would have been completely different to what he is used to.
    Maybe he just needs a chance at first team level for us, Frimpong got his and he’s never looked back.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  5. murphy88

Never understand the fascination with O'Donnell. I don't rate him at all.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes indeed.
    At the end of the day, we are talking about a 3rd choice, so he would fit that criteria.
    In fairness, Lee O'Connor has been a year on the books, so should be ready to try.
    So, for me, if coaching staff feel O'Connor needs to go out on loan again, it will be down to off loading Ralston.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No one overly rates him mate. It's just that the current landscape makes it quite a sensible signing for now..

Free and a Bauer (who offered absolutely nothing) replacement as a third choice option and let's us spend money elsewhere..

Nothing more, nothing less..

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm all up for giving youth a chance but with Frimpong and Elhamed ahead of him, his game time is going to be limited at a crucial time in his development.

At 19, I'd rather he was back out on loan and playing week in, week out, then judge things after 6 or 12 months.

The danger with having young promising players as 3rd choices is that they can become disinterested or blunt their enthusiasm when they're panning themselves in at training then getting overlooked most weekends.

Dan Breen, JC Anton and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. DaveKing'seye

If we are going to loan any of our top prospects out, they need to go to an Spl team or to championship/ league 1/ league 2 in england. It at least needs to be at a full time club. Prime example is Cal Mac, he went to Notts County and was very good for them, the following season he was right into the first team here.

Loaning players to the dregs like Cowdenbeath etc is pointless IMO. Yes they will be playing against men but the standard of football is horrific.

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think getting loans to SPL clubs should be easy this season. They need players at minimal cost.

11. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    He's really tall but I don't think forster is fast enough to play cb

_DannyBhoy_ and Seán Mac D like this.
  12. Bellshill Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Stuart Armstrong
    Left side a concern going into next season without elyounoussi.

Unsure with current wingbacks.

Think Bolingoli is better suited as he is more a winger than a fullback. Biggest problem is his defence. Would give him a chance before selling him in Jan if it doesn’t work out.

Would say Taylor is the better fullback just needs time to adapt to new role.

Few left sided players I would like to know about.

Ryan Fraser (LM)
    Robby Brady (LM/LWB)
    Ezequiel Barco (LM)
    Diego Rossi (LM)
    Birger Melling (LB)
    Ryan Manning (LB/LM)

Centre backs should Ajer leave

Cesar Montes (RCB)
    Mike Van der Hoorn (RCB)
    Jordan Torunariga (LCB)
    Malang Sarr (LCB)
    Timothy Fosu Mensah (RB/CB)
    Cristian Manea (RB/CB)

13. murphy88

I don't see it like that mate. If we are looking purely for a 3rd choice right back, then I would get another loan. Signing O'Donnell would mean we would have to pay a transfer fee (as far as I know anyway), and it just clutters up the squad when I feel like we need to be trimming it. At least with a loan we know we aren't going to have to try and offload the player. I just don't see a need to have 3 right backs all on permanent contracts.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There’s no fee involved, he’s turned Killie down to pursue more dough elsewhere which I don’t doubt for a second he’ll get.

However, he isn’t Celtic class, not for a second. This clamber to make inferior players a 2nd or a 3rd or a 4th choice is weird. Either you’re good enough to play for Celtic or you’re not. When they might be required to play, they will be first choice and they need to be up to a certain standard.

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The problem is decent players are not going to hang around as 3rd choice,even 2nd choice some would be hesitant. Teams who do have high level 3rd choices are usually teams who can chuck enough money at a player that the player no longer cares if they are playing.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely a fair amount of free transfers will be kicking about soon. Can see us getting a few decent signings in and keeping Eddie and big FF.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Celtic youth player Brody Paterson signed a three year deal with the club today. :57:

18. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We don’t need 3 right backs for starters and every Celtic player should be ‘decent’, that’s the absolute basic requirement.

20. CountyDownFaithful

Lenny in the papers saying he’d like to keep Forster and Elyounoussi.

Forster should be doable however Elyounoussi may be out of our price range. It’s clear to see he has bags of quality and is a European level player. What do you all think would be a fair price for him given Southampton paid £16m about 2 years ago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.