1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

10 in a row Squad

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 20, 2020.

Discuss 10 in a row Squad in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cupid Stunt

I think he is fine as a back up, or squad player, but not as our number one in that position.

I don't have any real faith in Bolingoli to be honest, I really tried to stick with him last season but there were just too many basics that he was getting wrong, like positioning, and I wouldn't want to go in to this season with those two as our main options.

They were always a focal point for the opposition, I honestly think if you improve left back, centre back, left wing and keep Forster we have no real weaknesses.

If by some miracle Southampton were willing to loan us Ely again, you're talking a left back and a left sided centre back off being a complete starting XI with very few identifiable weaknesses.

2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Think we will be keeping the 3-5-2

Forster - Bain

El Hamed , Julien , Ajer - Jozo,Biton , Welsh

Forrest - Frimpong

New LWB someone like Brady - Taylor

Brown,McGregor,Christie - Nctham ,Soro,Rogic

Eddy , Griffiths - Klimala, new signing a Brophy or loan from big mob

Dont really think we need or will see a lot of change

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We need Forster to stay on another loan or a cut price deal and wage..

A left sided centre half is a must for the 3-5-2 which is our most dynamic formation domestically by far..

A left full back/wing back as our fanbase isn't satisfied with any of our 3 just now..

Need a left winger of quality as well (for whenever we play tge 4-2-3-1) if Mo doesn't stay as we only have Mikey really..

4 signings we need tops in my opinion....as long as the big hitters don't go..

I imagine a couple of them will be loans..

Peej and buchanbhoy like this.
  4. Smithy

His assist for Forrest's equaliser was equally as impressive for me. Agree it was his probably his best game for us, along with the cup semi v Hibs. Would love him to be signed permanently.

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I would imagine Southampton would want rid of Forster. High wage and if he doesn't leave this summer then he goes for even less with 1 year left next summer. Forstermmay take salary cut as he has already earned a fair amount. Elyounoussi however they may allow on loan but I don't think he would take the cut wages.

6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Think we’re being hopeful if we expect any big incomings. Reckon with football as it’s gonna be next season will be a huge risk to go out and spend money. If we start up again with no crowds and then the season gets stopped January time due to a second wave we’re f*cked. And attendances are a huge earner for us so without that we’ll lose so much. Only think Forster will be back with us if it’s on loan. I also reckon we’ve been spoilt by having KT for so long that people are a bit harsh on Taylor! He’ll come good with time.
    Our main priority should be eddy for one more season. If that’s the case I’d be happy with only a CB to be signed as it would leave us with this squad;

GK: Bain
    GK: Hazard (who should get a chance!)
    GK: Doohan

RB: Frimpong
    RB: Elhamed
    RB: O’Connor (loan out again)
    -Sell Ralston, Gutman, Perez

CB: Jullien
    CB: Jozo
    CB: Bitton (should cover us there)
    CB: Welsh (contracts up this summer, does anyone know if we’ve offered one? Because we definitely should and give him a chance)
    CB: Deas (should 100% be given a chance he’s been great out on loan)
    CB: Ajer (should sell if we get a good offer)

LB: Taylor
    LB: Boli
    -Allow Hayes to leave

RM: Forrest
    RM: Shved (not sure if he exists)
    RM: Dembele

CM: Brown
    CM: McGregor
    CM: Soro
    CM: Christie
    CM: Ntcham (allow to leave if offers good)
    CM: Rogic (allow to leave if offers good)
    CM: Connell
    -Let Henderson leave, Loan out Robertson and any 18-20 year olds we have in those positions.

LM: Johnston
    LM: Okoflex (not sure what club will do with him over insta thing)

ST: Eddy (must keep)
    ST: Griff
    ST: Klimala
    ST: Bayo
    ST: Aitchison

-Any youngsters 18-20 should be loaned out, other teams cutting their costs around the whole of Scotland with this whole economic effect of covid will mean teams want short term options that won’t cost them huge sums or long term contracts, perfect for us to actually get players playing minutes.

-the economic effect will also mean other prem teams cutting their squads and costs too to save themselves from going bust so I don’t think we’ll need to go out spending money to stay ahead of the rest. Reading through the squad we’d have left without many signings can easily take us to 10.

-Maybe the wings are positions we can improve but with our current formation of 3-5-2 that means all our fullbacks and wingers are competing for 2 positions so going out spending huge money on someone (like elyounoussi) isn’t necessary

Overall I just want football back! But with how different it will all be when it does start again we should try look within the club at younger players than going out wasting money. This will be the perfect opportunity with other clubs with less ability doing the exact same due to finances

Dublin Celt likes this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Agree with vast majority of what you said, don't think we can afford to lose both ntcham and rogic in same window. Id like to sell ajer if the suggestion of 20 mill is accurate would be fantastic to let him leave while picking up a good replacement for similar fee to jullien. Also think hickey should be brought in considering the fee involved. Dembele is another year closer, I was hopeful for okoflex but now I'm not so sure. Welsh Roberson deas O'Connor connell should also be a but closer. Harper could also be a bolter, seems to have a great attitude and made lot of progress over past year. Agree with your sentiments are goalkeepers too, think doohan and hazard should be given an opportunity in the summer games. Coffey hopeful for too but possibly well down the order currently

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Bain should not be our 1st choice keeper, he simply isn't good enough. He is capable but he isn't a match winning keeper.

9. Cupid Stunt

Absolutely, I think most of us are praying we keep Forster on.

Dan Breen likes this.
  10. david100825

I do think we will look again at LB keeping one of the existing two. Other than that, think this is spot on.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Yeah mate you’re totally right in regards Tom and oli. But both individually if we get good offers, I don’t think we can turn down (especially toms age now, could be last chance for a good sum for him). I used to love Ajer, but I think this season at times he’s been very erratic and £20 million would be better suited for us if we can go out and get another jullien type signing like you say! All the young guys coming through should be given chances this year; otherwise what’s the point. Nows a great chance. I’m not so sure on the hickey signing, he’s a good player and going to be good. But can’t see us ever giving him minutes and it could then be another player we halt his progress because of that. Is he better than frimpong and Taylor? I wouldn’t say so. Would only like that signing if we got him in, then out on loan straight away. I forgot about Harper and Coffey, two others that have looked good! If you add those to that squad that’s a lot of talent we have...and definitely a squad that can do well next season.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  12. Jeremie Frimpong

It might be premature to write him off, but nothing points to him being a success here, at least in the immediate future.

His career statistics are nothing to get excited about, and he has no immediately obvious standout qualities. His move fits a pattern that rarely bodes well for the club or the player (i.e. moves for our top targets collapse, then we sign someone out of left field).

Griffiths and Édouard have formed a formidable partnership, and Lennon has been reluctant to give Klimala game time, even selecting Bayo ahead of him on a number of occasions.

I hope that he proves me wrong, but I have serious reservations about beginning a season of such magnitude with him as our third-choice striker, particularly if we continue to play 3-5-2.

Dan Breen and The_Bhoy like this.
  13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He needs to be given an opportunity. A few cup games away from home is all he's really got, we should know more in the summer.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    can't see crazy game time to young players in a 10iar season. One thing this pandemic has done is give big rests to McGregor brown edoaurd ajer. Who have had very little rest over the past couple seasons

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I guess you have the same view on Soro? Could take klimala time to adjust to scottish football. Needs a run in the team.

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  16. Jeremie Frimpong

Not quite: Soro was, by all accounts, a standout player in a league of similar quality; Klimala wasn't.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  17. Jeremie Frimpong

Fair enough.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  18. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    klimala is highly rated and played for poland u21s more than soro did so can't say that really

Dublin Celt likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny said few departures but not of key players and not too many additions hoping to keep core of squad - am fine with that tbh 1 or 2 this summer if you can keep the core.

20. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Possibly but I still think Ajer will be sold to make up the defecit. And then reinvest it in Forster and a CB similar to julien still think we need to strengthen this talk of being happy with the current squad is worrying for me sounds like he can't see we need to have more options in a few positions