1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

10 in a row Squad

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 20, 2020.

Discuss 10 in a row Squad in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shaunm

Based on end of contracts and loans Goalkeepers Bain Hazard Doohan Right Back Frimpong El Hamed Centre Back Jullien Ajer Jozo Bitton Hendry Left Back Taylor Bolingoli All CM/AM Brown McGregor Ntcham Soro Kouassi Christie Rogic Wingers Forrest Johnston Dembele Shved Centre Forward Edouard Griffiths Klimala Bayo. If we play a 4231 players in bold would be a good starting 11,hopefully we can bring in a couple of players over the summer,no idea if the board will sanction transfer fees at the minute,due to what’s going on in the world.Think the squad is good enough to win the 10 tbh,Hopefully a couple of youngsters can step up and enhance the squad,sorry for the long post,bored af

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Dan Breen likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christ knows what will happen with the loanees. Doubt we'd even try to make the Elyounoussi deal permanent after the number of games he's missed this season through injury.

Hopefully we go all out for Forster. Getting him back and keeping Eddy would be huge.

Forster
    Frimpong Jullien Ajer LB
    Brown McGregor
    Forrest Christie LW
    Edouard
    In terms of the starting XI, I think we need those 3 positions sorted. A couple more squad players as well.

Peej, JML67 and shaunm like this.
  3. shaunm

Would love Forster back,think would be another loan though as can’t see the board spending the money needed for him tbh,hopefully I’m wrong.

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I think we can safely say our starting XI, will be based on a 3-5-2 now.

Forster
    Elhamed Jullien Ajer
    Frimpong/Forrest Brown McGregor LWB
    Christie/Ntcham/Rogic/MJ
    Griffiths Edouard

Blochairnbhoy and bkk bhoy like this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Next seasons squad isn’t quite there yet without factoring in any potential outgoings.

Forster signing is a priority and then a winger, the rest will be dependant on who goes really or which positions Lenny thinks need strengthened based on what he’s seen thus far from guys like Boli and Taylor.

greengrocer likes this.
  6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Tierney on loan is a cert :fear:

Ewang83 and steg like this.
  7. GavCFC1

If we keep the full squad together, Forster included, I’d be happy with that.

Dan Breen likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

Going to be an interesting season for all of football.

We can't compete with huge transfer fees and mega wages, that's jusy stating the obvious.

But in terms of our level and other clubs around us, we might just see a tiny tiny benefit to us being one of the most soundly run financially.

Can see a lot of clubs struggling, our board will of course tighten the purse strings but I'd believe if Lennon wanted Forster they'd make it happen and release the funds.

9. murphy88

Signing Forster or someone at the same level is imperative. Makes a massive difference having someone who you can fully trust, and that shows amongst the defence also. I don't see us going for Elyounoussi, which will mean that we definitely have to be looking to bring in a winger also. Lennon must not feel Shved is ready yet and Mikey Johnstone has had his share of injuries also. A left back is also required, but we have to get rid of a few first. Bolingoli and Hayes I would be looking to offload, and keep Taylor as backup.

There will be a big sale to make up for the shortfall of the current situation, no doubt about that in my opinion. I just hope it's not Edouard. There has been talk of Ajer, and that would not bother me at all. If a good offer comes in, take the money and buy a replacement, whilst still making a good profit.

The big thing for me next season is trying to keep as many as possible with as little upheaval as possible. We don't need whoslesale changes, we need a couple of players and to not lose Edouard.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny saying he has encouraged the board to try and sign Forster and elynoussi

Twisty and Rydo1888* like this.
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Keep edoaurd, get 20 mill for ajer, buy another jullien type similar price , sign Forster, bring klimala soro Robertson, Welsh connell, afolabi, dembele, O'Connor through.. job done ..

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Elyounassi is class and he made the winner for ntcham in Rome with unreal pressing ( imo his best game in Celtic shirt), but I think he is too expensive and injury prone, I'd pass

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

GK: Goalkeeper, Bain, Goalkeeper

RB: Elhamed, Frimpong
    CB: Bitton, Jullien, Centre-half, Ajer
    LB: Bolingoli, Taylor

CDM: Brown, Soro
    CM: McGregor, Ntcham

RW: Forrest, Dembélé
    CAM: Rogić, Christie
    LW: Winger, Johnston

ST: Griffiths, Striker, Édouard

Sign senior player
    Promote academy player

If we could sign Forster and Elyounoussi for reasonable fees, and add a quality centre-half, and a quality striker, the squad would be in great shape.

We will need to replace like for like any player who leaves.

Keep our best academy prospects around; loan out the others who need first-team football.

Let the following players leave, either permanently, or on loan: Ralston, Šimunović, Hendry, Kouassi, Benyu, Burt, Shved, Bayo, Klimala.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    david100825 likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

He has suffered only one injury of note in his career.

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree. Forster must be priority signing.
    After that, a lot will depend on who we want/can offload.
    Sure, L/B needs addressing but may well depend on offloading Boli.
    Maybe a LWB, seasoned pro on a free or loan.
    Really reckon we need to start trusting some of our exciting youngsters.

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    While lb could be improved I don't think it's as bad as some believe, I think others just compare it to KT which I don't think is fair to the players. All 3 players are better than Izzy in his final season (and I really like Izzy). I think other areas need to be addressed 1st.

LectersLuncheon and The_Bhoy like this.
  17. celtic20

Personally think Frimpong is great and has fantastic potential, but I wouldn't be playing him ahead of Hatem Elhamed next season. Frimpong's time will come, but Elhamed I think looked on another level when fit.

18. Cupid Stunt

Forster, centre back, left back and left wing is a must for me.

We could basically be doing with fixing the entire left side, from left sided cb, lwb/lb and lw.

I know we spent a bit of money on that side, but when you lose Kieran Tierney and Scott Sinclair it's not always going to be a quick fix. This will be the second summer to get it right though.

If we do that and hold on to what we have (minus Ajer he can go), unless we get a horrible qualifying draw we'd make the CL fairly comfortably.

19. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Why is everyone saying LB might get slaughtered but I personally haven't seen to much wrong with Taylor when he has played there. Still learning the wingback role and will grow into it and continue to improve his attacking side of the game I would use him good defender puts his body on the line and gives his all. He came from a side who weren't attacking anywhere near the amount we do

shaunm, FranceCelt and The_Bhoy like this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don’t know how anyone could form a credible opinion on Klimala as of yet.

Pablo87 likes this.