1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic 9 in a row Champions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, May 18, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 9 in a row Champions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Who do you think I am?
    The pope?

I'm just a greengrocer out of green...sorry groceries

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Missing out on good content dude.

greengrocer likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    End of July will be time enough to get the semis out of the way and play the final a week later. With no more league games to play it will be a massive showpiece for Scottish football.

The Prof and Dan Breen like this.
  4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    SFA want the Scottish cup played in front of crowds. Even if that means next year. The 4th placed team got the european spot instead. The sheep

5. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    See the * who sent his reporter out to film us and is using us for click bait for the andytown news. Squinter ie Rob Livingston. Well he then went on to slate us for breaking lock down rules even though the * has been breaking them every other day.
    You know what him and all the wee Irish Catholic epl * boys giving me grief tonight...
    * yas, your tears are just as sweet.

Edit there's his tweet. He runs the andytown news, and the first comment is a right wing loyalist Screenshot_20200519_003313_com.twitter.android_copy_270x585.jpg

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I seen that.

Noticed that * Jamie Bryson moaning as usual too.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

HWG for 10 in a row.

seamus1967 likes this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For me, Brown and Ajer's late winners.
    And, Slipery's embarrassing celebrations on the 29th. But better still, the clip from Rankers TV with the commentator totally loosing the plot after they won on 29th, slagging off Brown, absolute quality now to listen back.

You, my friend, are one of the reasons I am so proud to be a member of the Celtic family.

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was good to see pie man Boyd's coupon on Sky, cant wait to hear from fat Sally the slug and * * Rae.

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wasn't how I wanted to play out, hopefully this Scottish Cup might get played still, missing out on a quadruple treble is a pain in the *, but it was done anyway, there was no way we were dropping all those points including the 2 games against them.

Congrats Neil and all the players, and everyone who has contributed to this history repeating moment.

13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    We’ll end of the day 9IAR is in the bag but I must admit I’m slightly jealous of our comrades over the water partying, cars flying about flags Rebs blasting shame it couldn’t happen over here as it should have been massive. Last year we got a party but it could have been better & bigger if it wasn’t for the polis fkn it and re directing the bus. Next year its a cert to be massive a genuinely hope we take over George’s SQ for a rebel bash. Don’t care what any hun says it’s irrelevant it was near impossible to hold out to play again due to finances for our small league as seen by other small leagues in Europe. They can cry about the EPL continuing etc as an excuse all they want but the difference is they have the finances to hold out. Fk every greeting faced Hun 9 IAR ya bassa

seamus1967 likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think they are being hopeful and sponsors may demand it before then. If you can't have fans in til 2021, then it goes out the window.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    That was funny as a well know loyalist told him to take a day off, because if it was the other way round east Belfast would be the same.
    Also taking a lot of flak by GAA *. GAA at grass roots is full of decent people but further up you go it's run by *. Oh and would appear us Irish celtic fans are not as Irish as them. We've a name for them over here, people who played GAA while others were in jail, people who learned Irish in New community hubs and queens while others picked up basic Irish while wondering if the screw was going to give them a hiding that day.
    They are 'culture vultures'

packybhoy likes this.
  16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Correct. Look at the stats in 2020. We both played 10 league games but the played six at home while we played six of ours away - and against higher placed teams. We picked up 93.33% of the points available while they only managed to get 56.67% of the points available. 28 points against 17 points shows up much better as percentage and we definitely had the harder fixtures on * pitches which don't suit our style of play

We were level on goal difference at the winter break with both having GD +42 But we came back and scored 34 goals only losing 6 ( two of them against Livi away which is the only time we dropped points ). The Huns huffed and they puffed to score 11 while losing 8. Our GD is now +70 while the huns bumped theirs up by a measly 3 over 10 games to stand at +45.

So they can bump their gums about games in hand, possible wins in remaining fixtures but lets look at the facts.. you know, events that actually took place in the real world. Their arses collapsed and prevented us stretching our lead based on results / form

( Mods can move this if necessary but its just stats and would apply no matter who was in second place )

17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  18. StevieBhoooy!

Yesterday was great in a strange muted sort of way... still smiling from last night..

The thing that actually pleases me most of all... and was the thing that sprang to mind first thing this morning , was Lenny talking openly about going for 10 for the first time.

Us fans have had this in mind for the last few years and is more important than anything in our coming season. The club have (maybe rightly) always been reluctant to say much about 8..9.. especially 10. It’s been about the immediate job to be done and taking care of that. That’s absolutely how it should be done but fans with more than one eye on the ‘holy grail’ have sometimes wondered about the club/plc’s commitment to that.

Now the ‘10’ IS the ‘job to be done’ and it’s so pleasing to hear Lenny say this and know that the club want this just like the supporters.

Right now.... getting a second ‘9’ is special .. a 4th consecutive treble will top it off in style...

... but this time next year is going to be something else altogether.

☘️

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo