1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Or just less slow. Take away his lack of pace and I really rated him. Of course, you couldn't, so we didn't.

I'd deffo take a faster version of the big man.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he was very limited in every aspect of defending..

Did play on with a fractured cheekbone right enough :56:

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fair enough, mate. I saw something different; but then I can even see a good defender somewhere inside (deep, deep inside) Jozo, so what do I know? :56:

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Christopher Jullien made his official debut in the world 27 years ago today (March 22), and everyone at Celtic Football Club would like to wish the Frenchman a very happy birthday!

That debut paved the way for many more important firsts for Christopher, and, to celebrate the Hoops defender’s contribution to the club, we’re taking a look at his standout moments from his first season at Paradise.

CELTIC DEBUT
    Christopher Jullien’s first game in a Celtic jersey came in a pre-season friendly against Rennes at Celtic Park in July, but his competitive debut came later that month. Neil Lennon named Jullien in the starting XI to face Nomme Kalju FC in Estonia in the second leg of Celtic’s UEFA Champions League second round qualifier. He almost scored in that game with a headed effort from a set-piece but it was narrowly wide of the mark. That moment showed how much of a threat he could be in the air and would be a sign of things to come from the big defender.

FIRST GOAL
    The French defender has made a habit of scoring goals since arriving at Paradise and he opened his account on the European stage one month after moving to Glasgow. His goal came in Sweden in the second leg of Celtic’s UEFA Europa League play-off against AIK. Celtic had established a 2-0 advantage from the first leg and were 2-1 ahead in Stockholm when Christie cut the ball back for Jullien to knock over the line. It wasn’t the most glamourous goal with Jullien and Scott Brown in amongst a scramble to stab the ball over the line, but there would be more big European goals to come from the Frenchman…

FIRST MEDAL
    Christopher Jullien's first taste of silverware came after the League Cup Final in December 2019. Celtic had defeated Dunfermline, Partick Thistle and Hibernian on the road to the final where they met Rangers. It was a hard-fought game at Hampden and there was little separating the two sides that afternoon. Celtic were busy in defence but the Hoops took their chance when it came. The breakthrough came from a Ryan Christie set-piece on the hour mark. Christie whipped a cross in towards the back post for Jullien to run on to and steer over the line with his right-foot. A 10-man Celtic side managed to hold on to their lead for the remainder of the game and Jullien got his hands on a trophy for the first time in his professional career.

PARADISE PARTY
    The sense of elation surely doesn’t get much better than scoring a last-minute winner at Celtic Park on a European night. To score your first goal at Paradise in the manner Jullien did is the stuff of dreams. Lazio were the opposition that night and the Italian giants were a goal up going into the break but Ryan Christie drew the Bhoys level midway through the second half. Simone Inzaghi brought on Ciro Immobile, one of Europe’s top strikers, with just over 15 minutes remaining and the nerves inside Celtic Park grew. With the final whistle moments away, a draw looked the likely outcome of the group stage game but then Celtic had a corner in the 89th minute. Christie delivered a good ball in and Jullien rose above everyone to head the ball across goal and into the bottom corner. Paradise erupted and Jullien ran to celebrate with his team-mates and the fans who had just witnessed another historical night in the club’s history.

monkeynuts likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Got to love the big man, he's not been here for long but it feels like he gets it.

Smithy, Westlondonscot and bagforlife like this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I have definitely become a big fan. Feel as well he has more to offer. I think he took some time to settle into the league and playing for us. Now that he has settled into the league and Celtic I think we will see an even better Jullien.

bagforlife and Liam Scales like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think what we've seen of him is what we will get the rest of his career at us. He's a big game player, he has flaws, but he's a leader and well worth it for his plus points. If he had that bit more in his game, he would be beyond us I think.

Slaw, Rydo1888* and bagforlife like this.
  16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He is obviously a guy who loves being here. This was his big break, recognised, wins medals and bet he has never felt so appreciated.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Well deserved for the big man.

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Superman shirt rip celebration after scoring the goal in league cup final is so iconic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk