1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bundesliga 1 and 2 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Bundesliga 1 and 2 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Cracking finish for Hertha's third.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Arrgghhh I hate commentators!!!!!

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brilliant from BVB today.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wonder if this freiburg goal is offside.

5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Offside with an arm, lol

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Borussia players, lol

7. Onefootwonder

A few quality goals, but overall it wasn't that good a game. After 2 months off players need game time to get fitness and match fit.

It didn't look as if that game meant anything. That was the big opening day game with lots to play for. It didn't feel like that.

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    'Gladbach have started brilliantly here. TBF it is not "an opening day game" but a continuation of the current season. Whether folk agree with restarting the league they have all started form an even playing field(ish). If some teams have prepared (mentally as much as physically) better than others then they should do better.

Assuming the league finishes ( which it may or may not) then these three points are worth exactly as much as the games before the suspension and could be the difference between the CL/Europe/Relegation.

Football without fans is pish and personally I'd rather just wait until everyone can play in front of a crowd, however these points do mean as much as any others.

I know you didn't say the points aren't important. Just trying to highlight how some teams preparation this week will have given them a potentially big advantage.

It's also interesting that at the minute it looks like only 1 home team (Dortmund) look like winning at home.

I watched Hoffenheim v Hertha earlier. Hoffenheim obviously firm favs. Not much in the first half although both could have scored. After half-time Hertha visibly took it up a gear and went for it which they may not have done in a normal away game. 2 quick goals. Game over.

9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Second game was *. Pretty boring without the fans

10. Bonobhoy

Yep felt like a pre season training game,the sound from fans really makes a difference.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I enjoyed the Dortmund game and the lack of fans didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.

After a couple months without football it was a Godsend, don’t really GAF about standards and fitness levels TBH.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I watched Dortmund and Frankfurt vs a German team. It was weird, it looked like teams beat each other based on natural ability as the teams had not played in 2 months so just not gelled.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. murphy88

Hamburg concede with the last kick of the ball. Decent.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. seanm

absolute * without fans plus watch the germany covid spikes infection and death rates. lord forbid anyone of the bundesliga players die from covid but i fear its only a matter of time before they do, utter madness. lol teams walking out from different ends of the stadium to get up close and personal with blood sweat tears touching .utter stupidity. should have them recreate the morecombe and wise table football sketch to decide the games.money again over lives. many german clubs were going belly up if they hadnt restarted league.i dont want to see celtic players staff ever in this situation. many players didnt want to play. their families too. utter utter * idiots.enjoy the icu wards and piling more * onto the german health service workers.football invented by the poor stolen by the rich waS never so apt.HH

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The Bayern match reminds me of our matches. Teams just sit in deep and put far more effort into not conceding than scoring

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Enjoyed Bayern game as well, I’ve adopted Union Berlin as my Bundesliga team!

19. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Very unusual watching for me as well. It's still football of course but it lacks so much, the fact that our local provider wanted to fleece us 10 CHF to watch the match was revolting (I streamed in the end). I stopped watching right before the half, felt like a training match and while that's not bad it is not a compelling watch

Not sure what other options are possible atm. I've come across some odd suggestions like piping in fans via streaming audio to really make it a virtual match but I can't see that being a viable solution anytime soon. It reminded me of the last live match I watched (Atletico vs Liverpool) in CL on one station when the PSG match was played without fans on the other - it was night & day in terms of tension, energy, passion etc. Effectively, football vs training

I'm not a negative nellie but I don't see how this can really work & keep the collective interest of even football starved fans

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member