1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Take the 22mill, all the best, and identify a youngish jullien type for 7/8 mill. It's a no brainer, he has bags of potential and wants away, I'd put the drop in performances down to his mind being elsewhere. Let me off but only for the right fee +20mill.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agree, he has had his head turned this season, has not kicked on. Just cannot ever see him being dominate in the air.
    Reckon anything close to 20M is a no brainer now, in the current climate.
    Just cannot see us splashing out 8M on a replacement either, maybe get in an experienced seasoned pro on a loan and blood young Walsh.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’d take half of that £20m for Ajer, not a big fan of his at all. We need a big bobo type to partner Julien. Can’t have Livingston bully us every time we play them ffs.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    If he cuts out that stupid big diving in slide tackle thing he does he could go on to be a top player. I'd take 22 million off the back of an inconsistent season from him. Think big julien and forster bailed him out of a lotta mistakes this season.

5. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Would rather he stayed , but thinking about if it was money plus Benkovic (,who for some reason his face doesnt seem to fix being there as hes 4th/5th choice) would only be happy with that

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Same here. We're surely going to have to sell this summer to get through this period and getting that much for Ajer might allow us to hang on to better players (for example, McGregor). In fact, I'd say £20 million for Ajer plus a fair fee for Eddy might be enough to see us through next season financially and we could conceivably hang on to everyone else. that would be pretty awesome in my book.

Jeannie960 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Like Ajer but he is so stupid and predictable with a slide tackle. £22M, I'd take it

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'm going to be honest I don't see us getting 22m. I don't think we would get that in the normal market. I honestly think he is more replaceable than many in our squad and would take less than 22m for this guy.

9. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Yes please. Don't think The guy hasn't kicked on for whatever reason. Nothing against him but not now or ever will be a top CB in my opinion.

Good business of we can get it done for me.

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sorry wasn't clear there. It was more about him wanting away making them similar. I do like him but if he wants away I don't see the point on hanging onto him for much longer. Personally I'd be surprised if we get anywhere near 22 million at the moment for him so I'd grab it.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    If we could get a decent fee and big Benko that'd be fine.

I like Ajer though always Learning, still young and still think he could do a right good job as a DM.

But if he wants a move and it's understandable as England will be the main choice for everyone, then that kinda deal would be good.

Still not sure if climate will change fees though.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nope.

Rodgers can * off, I'd expect Lawwell to swiftly tell him so.

As for Ajer himself, he is a good player and still learning, 22 he isn't a kid any more and the mistakes are becoming less forgivable, but I don't think it is remotely as bad as some on here are trying to make out.
    I also firmly believe we have not helped the lad by basically making a 21 year old learning the role, the main CB at the club.
    Guy needs a rest as much as most, hoping the time off just now has helped a lot of players, but equally we need a better 3rd choice CB who can come in and take the burden off Ajer at times. Mentally he still is developing and when he has a bad game it's not always a good thing that we have little to no option but to throw him back in the very next game.

13. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Dunno anyone who thinks hes a bad player. Just has errors he can iron out of his game and I'm sure he will in time.

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    You would want Celtic to turn down high offers for Ajer just because of Rodgers. This is money we will need for this season.

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He still has bit to go, his issue is he thinks he’s better than he is..

We’re in a win win situation with him tho, 20m would be a great bit of business but I’d be happy if he were to stay too.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Thats where I am with him, he’s obviously a talented player but the mistakes overshadow the good parts of his game.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. horseshoe

He's not someone I'd have been actively looking to sell, but if he does want away and the figures are anywhere near that then it's decent business, especially expecting this window to be a bit more subdued than normal.

18. murphy88

No chance we will get £22m for Ajer. If we do get offered that though, or anywhere near that figure, snap the hand off whoever is prepared to pay it. Decent player, but goes to ground far too easily and it's usually unnecessary, and is poor in the air.

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He clearly wants to go and therefore this is about orchestrating the best figure. I also think benkovic is a non runner. I don't think he has any interest in coming back. He appears to have chosen to drop down divisions in England rather than have gone back to us.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

£22m would possibly be the best bit of business we've ever done

He has some very good qualities but he is nowhere near the finished article and his rashness has shown plenty this season.

I would be confident of Lennon putting that money to good use across the squad.