1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

exactly then they got a whiff of null and void and with ICT * started that *. please call the league today just before 4 so all the phone ins will asterix lol huns raging.Hh

2. seanm

still a quadruple treble whenever we complete it. asterix lol of course.HH

3. seanm

we need asterix my * t shirts with the wee guy in hoops and something sevco with a bucket load of ebt asterisisks on it or something more funnier that you guys could think up.id buy one.lol.HH

Dan Breen and Tomas like this.
  4. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Aren't the EBT ones got asterisks or does that not count lol

seanm and TheHappyLoss like this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Couldn't give the * a red neck with a blow torch. Strange strange breed.

seanm and Dan Breen like this.
  6. seanm

we need bums on seats for scottish football to survive, simples. club tv etc will help but sky will shaft us.HH

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Probably be finalised the day but will wait til Sunday/Monday to announce to stop any party’s over the weekend.

seanm and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The Gauls were a Celtic tribe, I'm happy to have an Asterix on board.
    Only Rangers and Hearts have a problem with us winning the league, and Hearts more because it relegated them. The * about our league being globally questioned (I think that was Rae) is bollocks. Everyone knew Rangers were not catching us.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Any tv deals will need to skyrocket. If we take the same amount as usual, the folk running the show are even more idiotic than we give them credit for. If it comes to it we should be setting up our own channel(Scottish football as a whole) because the amount of subscribers would be massive if nobody can get to games.

seanm likes this.
  10. StevieBhoooy!

Next week apparently once the spfl board meet to approve.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667324

Some amount of difference to ending the other leagues when the vote covered all 4 anyway.

Ending championship , league1, league 2 -

• that vote then announced same evening.

Ending top tier -

• that vote
    • 12 clubs meet by Video and agree to end the season, declare Celtic champions and relegate Hearts
    • 12 clubs submit agreement (to end season) in writing to spfl
    • Spfl gets 12 clubs to meet again to agree again to end the season
    • Spfl has board meeting to agree to 12 clubs agreeing to end the season , declare Celtic champions and relegate Hearts

seanm, MagicBallBhoy and Luis1967 like this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Wether there’s an asterisk or not is down to the record books.

Personally I have no issue one. If our title win is subject to one, then so will the title win of every other club who’s leagues have been called early.

It’s the lowest form of point scoring imo. A global pandemic has killed 300,000+ people and continues to kill thousands on a daily basis. The whole ‘it will have an asterisk beside it’ line just ignores the reality of most of the western world facing a threat they’ve never seen before. It shouldn’t go unchallenged by the likes of Alex Rae, because it really is a scummy stance to take.

12. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    The league will be "declared" and we will be declared champions no asterisk applies so Huns can go to *....we will be declared SPL champions 2019/2020.....

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

To get bogged down with the word *asterisk* is to come down to their level of thinking..

It honestly matters not...

Enjoy the party and the march to 10 and beyond.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm so glad we put clear water between us and the Huns before this happened. It's hard to see how they can plausibly complain. If it were closer, it might be different; but it isn't. Frankly, the Huns and Aberdeen would do well to look to their own survival rather than bleating about the obviously correct decision being taken.

As far as I can see, if next season is behind closed doors, every club in Scotland is going to be in severe financial distress. Some of the more overextended ones (like the Huns) may well go under (again).

Even under a semi-plausible reduced capacity next season, it's ourselves, Aberdeen and the Huns that are deepest in the proverbial. Smaller clubs never come close to filling their stadiums for most games anyway. They'll take a hit from the reduced capacity from games against ourselves and the Huns; but their ST sales should be OK and it might be possible for them to absorb the lost revenue from away fans. Hibs and Hearts can apply to use Murrayfield, which is big enough that at a socially distanced one-quarter capacity it would pretty much allow them to sell the same number of ST's as usual. Aberdeen, ourselves and the Huns, however, have no solution that I can see.

I have no doubt we'll survive (I'm not nearly so confident for Aberdeen and actually quite hopeful that the Huns won't); but if we don't want to lose even more ground compared to the big European leagues, Lawwell's going to have to come up with something very creative.

seanm likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    My gut feeling is that there will be some sort of asterisk. If there is, it will apply to every club around the world that has been declared champions.

I won’t have a problem with it being there if it is the case. It would simply serve as a reminder that in 2020 something happened that made the domestic football calendar largely irrelevant.

It’s not the way that any of us would’ve liked to enjoy the 9, and what should’ve been a massive celebration will likely be very muted instead. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that if any group of players are genuinely disappointed by this it will be ours as well. Putting in a * load of effort into something only to have much of the reward taken from you in circumstances beyond your control is never a pleasant feeling.

Random Review likes this.
  16. Tomas

An asterisk or something that signifies a difficult year worldwide is appropriate. Will it make any difference? Not a jot. 9 iar moving onwards and upwards to 10, 11, 12 and on and on. Hail Hail

17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Exactly mate......hail hail !!!

johnboy19, Rydo1888*, seanm and 2 others like this.
  18. Cupid Stunt

An asterisk wouldn't offend me either.

Will be easy to identify the season we won 9IAR and I said it before, but I'd take a permanent reminder of the year Rangers tried to use a worldwide pandemic to stop the 10 and failed.

19. jamiebhoy67

Yeh 100% we were 4 games away from Lennon sealing the quadruple because if the ibrox game went ahead that would have been 16 points and the way the huns were playing the next league game would have most likely ended up with another lead be it 3 2 points onto that then the 2 scottish cup games we are missing out big time and the huns have a cheek to say anything about missing out.

Seán Mac D and seanm like this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

The Scottish cup will get finished...

We can celebrate that, the ‘9’ and a 4th treble at the same time...

seanm and King of Kings like this.