1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

They've been steadily improving and he'll be a first pick and score a barrel load. Good move for him I think.

2. freitassen

In the brazilian media they are saying he is going to Barcelona

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC could bank a £4million coronavirus boost after Barcelona joined the chase for Moussa Dembele.

Manchester United and Chelsea are also eyeing £60m summer moves for the Lyon striker.

Celts inserted a sell-on clause when Dembele left for £20m in 2018 and would be due a welcome windfall if he moves on.

French reports claim Hoops talisman Odsonne Edouard, who has hit 22 league goals this season, will be Lyon’s No 1 target to replace Dembele if he is sold.

But SunSport understands Celtic have had no contact from Lyon over their prized asset, who has also been eyed by Arsenal and Newcastle.

Dembele, who turns 24 in July, looks certain to leave Lyon, with Barca the latest club to show interest.

He has had two prolific seasons back in his homeland and Europe’s big hitters are now circling.

Lyon will miss out on the Champions League and Europa League next season after Ligue 1 was called early.

Club president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted he could be forced to cash in on Dembele.

He said: “I am going to do everything to keep the players.

“But players who are programmed to play in Europe could want to go elsewhere because we don’t have European football.”

Old Trafford looked to be Dembele’s most likely destination, but Barcelona have also been alerted to his availability.

Chelsea are long-term admirers and failed in a move for the former Fulham hitman last January.

Dembele had two prolific seasons under Brendan Rodgers, before falling out with the ex-Hoops boss.

He arrived for a nominal compensation fee in 2016 and helped Celtic secure back-to-back Trebles.

Dembele’s meteoric rise has continued in his homeland, and the striker is one of Europe’s most sought-after stars.

The coronavirus crisis is impacting the biggest leagues, but clubs will look to take advantage of Lyon’s cash struggles.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "coronavirus boost"

How * is journalism in this country when they come out with those sort of phrases.

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Manchester United have reportedly agreed a £62m deal with Lyon for striker Moussa Dembele.

The Frenchman enjoyed a stellar campaign with the Ligue 1 outfit before the season was cancelled amid the coronavirus pandemic, with Dembele netting 16 times in 27 league matches for Lyon.

Chelsea have also been strongly linked with a swoop for the former Celtic man, but United are understood to have won the race for Dembele's signature.
    Indeed, Todofichajes claim that a £61.8m bid has been accepted by Lyon, and the striker is preparing to move to Old Trafford ahead of the summer transfer window.

While Lyon have previously insisted that Dembele will not be sold, their failure to secure European football for next season means that they are supposedly ready to cash in on the 23-year-old.

Dembele has chalked up 42 goals in 88 appearances for Lyon since arriving from Celtic in 2018.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Moussa Dembélé would be one of Manchester United's great signings for the 2020/21 season.

As we have learned, the agreement between the three parties is total, so the striker will leave Olympique Lyon to head to Old Trafford to put himself under Solskjaer.

The operation will close at around 70 million euros, a figure that Lyon will use to find a substitute for the front.

Chelsea runs out of one of its priority objectives for this next market and United surprises with a high cost operation in times of crisis.

Dembélé will leave the French team after 88 official matches and after having scored 42 goals and 13 assists. This course, without going any further, has scored 22 goals among all competitions.
    https://www.todofichajes.com/moussa-dembele-al-united-por-70me/

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Few million coming our way in these times is very good news. Don’t like United but think he will be a great signing for them.

Lennon1888 and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, he’ll be a great signing for them and he’s a player for the massive games as well. He can be the difference for them.

Luis1967 likes this.
  9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Be great move for man u but they need an overhaul of how they work from top to bottom

Dont bring through many youngsters anymore, waste millions on numpties like Maguire.
    If they had more sense they could be getting much more for their money if the looked into guys like moussa who might not have been finished article but he wouldn't take long to catch up.

Just no real direction or method in their model anymore

The Prof likes this.
  10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Wee glance at their forum and it seems it’s mainly just paper talk still. A few said they would prefer Edouard also as he’d be half the price and he’s just as good if not better.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think he'd smash it for them..

Can bully and occupy a defence. Bring other's in to play. Has plenty of pace around him at United with Rashford or Martial off him and Fernandes pulling the strings..

Is it 6 mill we'd get?

I'm glad they're going for Dembele and no Eddy. Think Eddy would light it up for any of these side's..

Liam Scales and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

INTER MILAN are the latest club to be interested in former Celtic star Moussa Dembele, according to reports.

The ex-Hoops man looks set to leave Lyon this summer with a host of clubs interested in landing him.

SunSport revealed last night that Barcelona had joined the race for theFrenchman who is valued at around £60m.

And now reports in Italy say Antonio Conte's side are ready join the race for the 23-year-old's signature.

Dembele has hit 22 league goals this season and has attracted interest from the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea.

Lyon will miss out on the Champions League and Europa League next season after Ligue 1 was called early.

Club president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted he could be forced to cash in on Dembele.

He said: “I am going to do everything to keep the players.

But players who are programmed to play in Europe could want to go elsewhere because we don’t have European football.”

Man Utd appear to be favourites to secure Dembele's signature after reports claimed the Frenchman made it clear he preferred them over the Chelsea

The Red Devils had the chance to sign the forward before he joined Celtic in 2016 but opted against the move due to the breakthrough of Marcus Rashford.

13. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I thought it was 20% sell on???

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Possible 6 mil for us ?

Would be very nice. :giggle2:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Will be great to see Dembele back at Celtic Park hopefully this time next year if we can lift the 10. :62:

17. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    He'd love it too. No doubt at all.

bobs1974 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Moussa Dembele has backed his former Parkhead strike partner Odsonne Edouard to hit new heights with Celtic.

The Frenchman keeps close tabs on his old club since his £20m to Lyon in August 2018.

Dembele admitted he wished he could have linked up with Edouard earlier but he is convinced his pal has the tools to get to the top.

He said: “The only bad point is that we didn’t play together earlier. We knew that if we played together we’d do something good. When he first came, he was a bit shy.

“Because we come from the same place, I tried to help him, I gave him a lot of advice and after that he changed, from one player to another.

“Odsonne is a very very good player, he will go straight to the top. I think we saw what he was capable of this season. He’s a fantastic player, a player that I rate and hopefully he’ll go to the very top with Celtic. I wish him only good luck.”

Dembele insists he’s a Celt for life after two memorable seasons in Scotland.

The hit man was a smash his as the Hoops claimed back-to-back Trebles under Brendan Rodgers and Parkhead will always be in his heart.

Dembele said: “Before I came, Celtic was just a big club. But once you step in, you realise that it’s more than a football club. It made me grow as a player, as a man and made me see things differently from what I’ve seen before.

“I think it was a really good experience. I wouldn’t change it for anything. I’m a fan now. I follow every game because it was two fantastic years.

“It is the greatest club in the world.”

Dembele has been in storming form with Lyon but admitted he missed the mayhem of the Glasgow Derby.

The 23-year-old rattled a hat trick in his Old Firm debut and became a chief Rangers tormentor with seven goals in two campaigns.

Dembele – speaking to BT Sport – said: “As soon as I signed for Celtic, the first thing they said is ‘you have to beat Rangers’. It’s a six or nine point game so you have to make sure, when you go on the pitch, you give it your everything: if you have to come off the pitch injured, you do it.

“I think that’s one of the best games I’ve played in in my whole career.”

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member