1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm still astonished WhatsApp groups are a thing for member clubs to "chat" in let alone be used as some sort of official communication, if that was the case.

Not really posted much as I'm totally scunnered with the whole thing. It's been a laugh having a giggle at the mutants but I'm fed up of it now. Not been arsed about football at the minute either and this shambles has contributed to my apathy.

We live in such a backwater at times its embarrassing

Liam Scales, Marie, Valhalla and 4 others like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So there it is English government more or less confirm no fans allowed in English stadiums until a vaccine is found!

seanm likes this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That wee * Commons needs slapped about, he really is an odious little rat *!

seanm, Valhalla, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Posted In another thread as it shoots down the Huns claims
    Perhaps more suited to this one

5. JamesM09

I think this is the way it will go and I've been trying to estimate if this will work out for us.

I feel like each season we are seeded if we get to the Play-offs, but I think we always depend on a team or two being knocked out for that to be the case.

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Sky Sports reporting UEFA not planning on amending the qualification of the UCL.

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sky sports eh, means they are changing it 100% :56:

8. StevieBhoooy!

Was it Jim Whyte reporting?

HoopyT likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Cba with this pish now. Boring and tedious as *.

10. Cupid Stunt

The BBC website is an actual disgrace.

"ABERDEEN WILL VOTE FOR INVESTIGATION" & "PARTICK THISTLE CONSIDER LEGAL ACTION," whilst hidden away in the gossip column, "Inverness tried to null and void entire leage campaign claim 6 Championship clubs."

strike twice and seanm like this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    So again it seems like Callie thistle (one of the Huns' gang angers) attempted to bully and coerce.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What is apparent is that every club that has been involved in this debacle, with the possible exception of Aberdeen who just appear confused, are doing it out of complete self-interest and going in a huff anytime it doesn't go their way.

At least we have 9IAR to look forward to and have stayed out of this nonsense like others with half a brain.

13. joemc

Just cancelled my tv licence as I no longer have faith in their ability to give a true reflection of news ,they are agenda driven and have heavily biased views ,I dont tend to watch BBC, but reports from many online news feeds show just how diabolical their coverage is , it's not something I want to subscribe to , and it should be my choice , not forced upon you to pay because it's a channel on your tv .

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

15. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Enquiry off the table.
    27 teams voted against
    13 voted for
    2 abstained

Edit : Just read the club statement, sounds like we voted against

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Good.

Sensible and simple enough.
    Acknowledge the * show was just that, a * show.
    State our position on the pandemic, the position of the egm and that we are not to be blamed for the reconstruction either.
    Nothing more needed.

in short:

We aren't to blame for * - but please shut the * up and get on with the real issues.

17. StevieBhoooy!

CELTIC Football Club welcomes the decisive vote by SPFL clubs to reject a lawyer-led inquiry into the processes relating to the resolution approved last month with support from the vast majority of clubs.

We are satisfied that there is no evidence of any wrongdoing by the board or executive and do not consider that such an inquiry is necessary.

We now appeal to all clubs to look to the future in the knowledge that the threats which exist to the fabric of Scottish football are grave and unprecedented. All of our energies should be applied to planning for the return of the game in season 2020-21 and to the financial survival of all our clubs.

This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise. It is the duty of everyone committed to the future of our game to make the best of this awful situation, and not the worst.

We greatly regret the denigration of named individuals who have, on every occasion, acted upon decisions which were made by the board of the SPFL, representing all 42 clubs. The board and executive of the SPFL have operated under circumstances of unique difficulty in dealing with challenges of an unprecedented nature.

Although Celtic are not directly involved in issues of promotion and relegation, we have great sympathy for clubs which will end up in a lower division. While we have been supportive of temporary reconstruction, Celtic also understands the position of clubs who do not support league reconstruction at this time.

We recognise the hugely damaging effects that measures to counter the pandemic are inflicting on football clubs of all sizes across Scotland, Europe and beyond. It is the duty of everyone with the interests of football at heart to work for the greater good of securing the future of our sport.

In that spirit, Celtic will play our part in ensuring the earliest possible safe return to something approaching normality. Our highest priority is the safety of our players and supporters and we are acutely aware that Scottish football’s current difficulties represent only a tiny part of the challenges faced by society as a whole.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  18. Cupid Stunt

The statement says what it needs to, but I couldn't help laugh a little bit reading it (not in a negative way at all), but I can't quite explain why properly without, I expect, people taking it the wrong way.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Boom, class statement.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Season ticket date renewal put back until 30th of June. Bit of breathing space.

JC Anton likes this.