1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They have paid for content which then wasn’t provided, those TV companies have then frozen payments for such services. That is before you even account for advertisement, the problem is clubs living beyond their means.

seanm and Drakhan like this.
  2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's pretty insane letting the rest continue training. There is supposedly a 5 day period where you can be infected but a test wouldn't show it. Every other guidance I've seen says if you are in contact then have to isolate. Where they not training together?

They start getting things wrong like that and it will delay things further.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scottish football’s raging civil war took a surprise twist today when peace broke out at emergency summit of the Premiership clubs.

Record Sport revealed yesterday that the top 12 had arranged a conference call to discuss how the game in this country can survive the coronavirus pandemic - and debate whatever evidence Rangers have in their ongoing battle against the man in charge of the SPFL.

But a plan to get to the bottom of the feud between Ibrox and Hampden’s sixth floor was scrubbed from the agenda before today’s meeting even began

And it’s understood that decision helped lessen the tensions and allowed for a serious conversation about how to cope with the existential threat to the professional game caused by the COVID-19crisis.

A source said: “Right at the start of the talks it was made clear that the Rangers situation was not up for discussion. It was pointed out that there will now be an EGM involving all 42 clubs on May 12 so that is the appropriate time to address it or to ask questions.

“That allowed us to get on with the far more serious business of how football in this country can pull together and get through this pandemic. In other words - and I can hardly believe I’m saying this - it really did feel as if peace had suddenly broken out.”

It’s also understood a growing number of the top flight clubs are now resigned to ending the current season and crowning Celtic champions. Plans for reconstruction were also debated with two proposals - three divisions of 14 and a 14-10-10-10 set up - on the table

Our source added: “All of the clubs want to get the current season back up and running and played to a finish but more and more of them now appear to be realising and coming to terms with the reality that it’s almost certainly not going to happen.”

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack said “This was a very productive two hour meeting which captured the various thoughts on completing the current season and where each club stands in relation to league reconstruction.

“Crucially, there was constructive discussion on how and when football in Scotland could resume, with safety and well-being of players and fans being a key priority, along with ensuring the survival and sustainability of Scottish football.”

Another meeting of the top flight clubs has been arranged for next week when these discussions will continue.

tarboltontim likes this.
  4. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Glad of our rainy day fund now

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Reading through that my best interpretation is they are all a shower of bampots and none of them live in the real world.

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hearts should be relegated no matter what happens with reconstruction.
    A club that is currently in Championship could take their place in top division and would have every right to complain about it.

seanm likes this.
  7. jordan_

Hamilton should be relegated on that * pitch alone!

We're a professionally ran club unlike those wanks, this evidence they have will be the same as someone telling you the earth is flat, its *!

Let them carry on, embarrassing themselves.

seanm likes this.
  8. jambo_cfc

Tommy wright has left st johnstone , was leaving at the end of the season st johnstone have said, surely the league is about to be announced ? St johnstone are only 9 points above hamilton so big chance they could still go down if the league continued so they wouldnt part ways with management if the league was to continue after yesterdays talks surely ?

9. pop47

I dont think there's much chance of reconstruction getting voted through anyway.

seanm likes this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe fancies himself for Northern Ireland job.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I thought the same thing. Although he'll be judge based on the last 5 years, and I think most managers will struggle to match how O'Neil did

12. jambo_cfc

Think hes a cert for it , but irish fa has less money than our fa to start employing ppl a would think , think its too much of a coincidence after the 12 teams meeting yday and then this happening dont you think ?

13. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    I've put my drunk head on and come up with the answer to all thìs *.

Go to 3 leagues of 14 .

Hertz , not relegated , Hamilton , no play off .

Dundee Utd up with Inverness , no play off

Partick not relegated .

Falkirk go into the second tier with raith with a chance of promotion to the premier league .

Every * happy . Except the huns . They * will never be happy

Award European places as they are , Celtic champions league , huns and Motherwell europa . Let hibs , hertz and Aberdeen toss a coin for the fourth place .

The outstanding games this season , carry them over to next season .

When the corresponding games come up next season we play them for six points
    Three for this season and three for next . We could win the title in October or November .

Going to put on my tin hat , and stop drinking

seanm likes this.
  14. TheHappyLoss

Can't see any league finishing in Europe at all. We are champions let's just call it and prepare for next.

Rydo1888*, seanm and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Neither can I tbh, as you’ve said let’s focus on next season and whatever that entails. Be it closed doors or very limited crowds, but I do hope that there is movement on Celtic showing the home games if fans aren’t allowed in.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

* knows what's going to happen, season tickets bought and we don't know if we will be allowed in. Virtually no chance we will be so * knows how the club will deal with that.

seanm and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Hopefully season ticket holders will be given a login linked to their account that can be used for games, I personally wouldn’t have an issue with that but I do get that others would. The main issue I think would be price given you aren’t there taking in live action, and people that won’t be able to access the online club channel for whatever reasons.

seanm and TheHappyLoss like this.
  18. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Looks like UEFA might put forward idea that all leagues start as of January and run from start to finish of calendar year.

20. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    How do you see a 14 team league working?
    Still have a split after 3 rounds? That would be 39 games plus another 5 or 6 after the split. Seems too many to me.