1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seosamh Máirtín

Not sure about the other boys but Gegen Pressing is an OP tactic for this year's edition.

Also, I would only set defensive line to 'high' never the highest as you always get caught out, even with defenders with 15+ pace

2. GavCFC1

Recommendations for Celtic signings? End of first season?

3. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I sold Rogic(always play Christie on front of him)and replaced with Quintero £3.2m (river plate) wee fergushun from Aberdeen aswell got him for £1.1m bit of a bargain going to turn him those were at the start of my first season

Signed Younes from Napoli in my Leverkusen save sure it roundabout £6m his worth went right up to £26m straight away but he wasnt happy as was able to sign Everton Soares for £16m a few days later

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Some of the fmcreator guys have made an 06-07 database, Nakamura, Boruc, Tommy Gravesen etc all in the squad. John Kennedy and McManus will be my pairing for years to come at the back.

Kenny Miller is a defender though...they gave him good striker stats but clearly * it up ha.

Messi is 19, Crosas has a 105k buyout fee, Bojan is a kid etc.

5. M 67

Are the older FMs/ CMs available on steam? Might check it out

6. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Defo need to get a P.C for this so I can use the editor etc.... only thing about the Switch , finished my 1st season with Celtic , Eddy got 53goals , his 30th , 40th and 50th (1 of 4 scored in the Scottish Cup Final) all against the Huns , finished 26 points ahead of them, 2-3 against Real in the 1st CL knock out (a 84th minute winner for them) got 50odd million an 200k in wages left dont see any changes to my XI only back ups , Vlahovic (Fiorentina 5.2m) back up for Eddy who signed a new deal (was trying to keep 40k my wage cap but had to give him 48k) Kenneh (leeds 1m) 5th choice cm and Soutter (diet huns 6m) 3rd choice

Sold Jozo 5m (replaced by Soutter) Nctham 28m to china he rejected Man U (he wasnt playing Fergushun is my 3rd choice and promoting Connel to 4th choice)

Gk - FARINEZ bain

Rb - FRIMPONG , odonnel transfer listed Jan 500k been solid filled in wa injurys 2nd half , ki jan hover liverpool on loan for cover aswell as lb

Lb - TAYLOR , bolingoli

CB - AJER , JULIEN , soutter , el Hamed, o'connor

Cm - BROWN , MCGREGOR , fergushun , connel , kenneh

Rw - FORREST, dembele

Lw - JOHNSTON (worth 12m was outstanding last year) miccolli (5.5m back in Jan) Rodriguez (on loan from LAFC to cover both wings buyout 4m)

Am - CHRISTIE , quintero (replaced Rogic for s bit of profit)

St - EDDY (Top scorer CL 2nd in top striker in CL) , Vlahovic , griffiths

Could maybe replace Forrest but been playing Dembele a lot to replace him wee Dembele value over 9m now

7. jamiegough

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What kind of budget are you guys getting with Celtic in the January transfer window of the first season? I'm on the 20.4 patch. Started a new game recently. Didn't signed a * of a lot of players, Got to January transfer window. The board have just given me 39m to spend as transfer budget. Its kinda killing it a wee bit as we all like a bit a realism lol. I did get a notice on the game that the "chairman could be ready to sell up" but never heard anything more. Who the * to a sign wi this 39m lol?

8. jamiebhoy67

Just bought the fm.touch version off steam started a new Celtic save today and struggling they gave me 12million signed 2 players and it's gone haha any secret cheap.options kicking about ?

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  9. jamiegough

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ricardo Kishna (lazio) - 1.7m
    He's an AML, I signed him as a fringe player. He's ended up my main and best signing so far. 25 games - 8 goals - 15 assists

10. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I've got over 100m 2nd season sold Ajer for 56m and Nctham for 28m , dont really want to spend it an trying to keep a wage cap as doesn't seem right feels like EBT's

11. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    On my Ajax save brought him an Fischer back as 2nd choices out wide, got my first takeover there , new chairman bought Hakan Calahkngou(sp) from milan then moaned about the finances involved he * done everything on it

12. M 67

I'm getting offers of 60m for the likes of Henderson, Connell, Dembele, O'Connor....

Nae chance!

13. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What season are you in ? Johnston starts of the best of the sort of young team , got him an Dembele starting 2nd half of my 2nd season

14. M 67

2023/24. took me 4 attempts to reply to this as this * website kept diverting to me ads..*!

Anyway, MJ develops okay but it’s the others I mentioned that really take off. Dembele in particular is “world class”’already in his teens!

15. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Iam sure MJ is touted as the next Davie Cooper hes been my 2nd best player behind Eddy maybe also just behind Christie, always like those we bits Dean Henderson at Sheffield Utd is touted as the Next David Seamen feel sorry for him lol

Feel away from my Celtic save as ended up to minted felt weird with over 100m budget and over 300k left over on my wages , just started a Man U save bought Moussa , Van De Beek and Ajer , got Sancho coming in January

16. jamiebhoy67

Well in my third season now and signed guys that are really good for me got to the final of the champions league

Thiago almada
    Biram Diaz
    Macias (mexican striker)
    Marco's sensei
    Houssem aouar
    Tosin adarabioyo
    Tyler Adam's
    Micheal Elise
    Arijanet music

With that core griff ntcham karamoko McGregor and ajer

The board sold eddy *

17. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    17 Seasons in now, been all over gaff personally but currently at Barca having started at Maidstone, Scott Brown got our job and has overseen our worst period since the 90's, huns back on top, he's been sacked and Stefan Johansen has taken over! Very few real players left!

18. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Just finished season 2027/2028.

Became a European Superpower often reaching last 8 of European Cup with 2 wins under my belt.

Dominate in league not lost a title since I came into management.

Aberdeen 2nd force in SPFL.

Hamilton after being relegated in season 2022/23 have became a top 6 club

Falkirk surprise package have got to Euro II final.

Rangers just got relegated

Peej likes this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Started a new game with AZ Alkmaar over the weekend. Bought Dirk Proper from NEC for about £400k. Ended up giving him a run in the team to rest Jordy Clasie and hes became my top performer. Here he is at the beginning of the game. His stats have improved quite a bit for me by January. Il upload a screenshot later.

Attached Files:

20. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    AZ seems a decent save , are you able to keep Boadu,Stengs,Winjdal and Koopmeirs?