1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Lennon has three centre backs that he has to rotate. If he drops and criticises Jozo then he is faced with brining back in Welsh who in contrast is a lot less experienced playing at our level.

As clumsy and rash as Jozo can be, he has won with us and at times shown he is a physical presence.

Theres no advantage to shooting his confidence and freezing him out, we would only stand to lose. At least if he is still kept in the frame and can contribute there will be a higher liklinness we can move him on for money in the summer.

JIMMYD1967 likes this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If Lenny plays him again and he * up, the anger won't be directed towards the player, it'll be towards the manager.

freitassen likes this.
  3. freitassen

Yes. Dropping a player is also about protecting him. Letting things settle before he earns a new chance.

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with that to an extent. Looking at the bigger picture of a whole season I am fine with Simunovic being in our squad as part of our squad needed for a whole season. Given the heavy volume of games we play a club like ours needs minimum 4 senior center backs. We have Jullien, Ajer then Biton and El Hemed can both play in there if needed so having Simunovic as a back up is fine and needed given our volume of games over a season. Having said all that I think at this point his time at Celtic may be coming to an end. He will be entering the last year of his current contract once the summer arrives so it would make sense for Celtic to sell him this summer if any kind of decent offer is made as I do not see him as someone we would want to offer a new contract to.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  5. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    On the club Instagram today with ask Jozo is the physio on standby incase he gets injured during it

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

This guy has had it all.... Looked amazing... Unlimited potential... Absolute bomb scare... Cant stay injury free... Hopes he comes through it

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    About as much use as Boris * Johnson.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can't stand him..

His face annoys me..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's away as well...

12. GreenLeanMean

CELTIC Football Club today offered sincere best wishes to Jozo Simunovic and Jonny Hayes as it was announced they will be leaving the club.

All the best Jozo. Good defender in there. Thanks for the memories ( McNeil goal, Miller tackle)

13. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

Hopefully have a replacement lined up..

14. JamesM09

Jozo was a good player overall for me, unlucky with injuries. As long as they’re looking at better then this is okay.

Hope he gets a new club and does well.

Captain Brown likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Surprised at that. Won't be a big loss but to lose him for nothing is quite disappointing.

16. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Get the welcome McKenna thread open

17. Aidan O’Shea

I’d have paid if it meant him leaving HH

18. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

We must not have expected to get many offers for him if we decided against the years extention.

19. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    My thoughts too.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club today offered sincere best wishes to Jozo Simunovic and Jonny Hayes as it was announced they will be leaving the club.

The club has decided.not to take a further year-long option in relation to Jozo's contract, and Jonny's Celtic contract finishes at the end of this month.

Jozo joined Celtic in 2015, making 125 appearances for the Club and scoring five goals, including an emotional and poignant winner against Kilmanrock in April last year following the sad passing of Celtic legend, Billy McNeill.

Jonny signed from Aberdeen in 2017 and played 68 times for the Champions, scoring two goals, including a great strike in the 2-0 win over Rangers at Ibrox in this 9-in-a-row title-winning season.

Both players have made a great contribution to Celtic and everyone wishes them well for the future.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon said: "I would like to sincerely thank both Jozo and Jonny, brilliant lads who have given their all to Celtic over a number of years.

"Jozo has been part of our great club for some time and has given us some wonderful times, playing a really important part in our success. Jonny, too, has been an important player for the Club in recent years.

"Above all, both are great men and everyone at Celtic wishes Jozo and Jonny and their families all the very best for the future. We are sure they will continue to be successful in everything they do.

"Both players leave Celtic as nine-in-a-row champions, something they have earned, an achievement they richly deserve and something I know they will cherish dearly."