1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Armstrong Okoflex

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 13, 2018.

Discuss Armstrong Okoflex in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I remember talking to a girl while looking at a pick of my newborn nephew, with her talking about how handsome he looked. I’m not really one to fawn over babies so asked her how she could tell a baby was handsome. Her reply was that he was ‘well formed’ and that actually made some sense to me. She actually stated that he had a ‘nice shaped head’ :giggle1: and was smiley, which shows that even when there is no attraction involved, people have an ideal image in there head, and the closer someone fits into that image, the better looking they’re termed to be.

First time I’ve heard the word Okoflex used, so I can’t really speak from a place of knowledge, but how often have we heard someone say “that lad will be a heartbreaker in a few years” or “she’s going to be fighting off the guys in a few years”? It seems to be fairly common.

It’s probably made more unusual by the relatively small age difference between Okoflex and the girl in question. If you’re a 40 y/o bloke joking about with your mate by saying that he’s going to have to lock his daughter indoors in a few years time to keep the boys away, it’s nothing more than a bit of fun. When you’re an 18 year old boy/man, it does come across as being a bit more odd.

Realistically though, it’s a social faux pas and not something more sinister.

The67Sound likes this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Oh dear, sounds like he could be on the way.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's the word he's used and way he's said it mate..

I agree phrases like gonna be a heart breaker or fighting off the boy's/girl's has been used in every household no doubt but saying an 8 year old will be peng is definitely strange for me..

No saying he's a case but it's definitely a suspect phrase to be using for a young lassie..

Twisty and Valhalla like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The senior boys in the squad should have intervened days ago, wee guys strumming their boabies and showing their arseholes on camera night after night and he kept coming back on attention seeking.

There was no happy ending with him doing live insta videos with randoms.

5. jj81

Agreed , I watched 10mins of one and there was wee guys showing their * , a guy asking about ricksen , wan singing I'd rather be a * than a hun , someone shoulda told him enoughs enough.

packybhoy likes this.
  6. Tomas

Until today I'd never heard the word, it seems like he's been a bit daft but anyone wanting him hung drawn and quartered is being ridiculous.

7. Harry Caray

Seen the video there, weird comment yeah. For the people saying why is there an 8 year old on his insta - it was the girls mum who was on his insta who told him her daughter has a joke for him so she let her tell him the joke.

8. ddub11

The guy made a silly mistake,he will be punished for it one way or the other.

Imo while it was a mistake,in these times its not acceptable and should be punished.

He,s a young man who has said things he should not have said but i believe it was more stupidity than anything and hopefully (regardless if he,s with us or not)he will learn from it.

We have all done or said things we regret and he,s no different except he,s in the public eye and i think the club should have been on top of this early on.

Marie likes this.
  9. celtic warrior

We all have, no doubt.

However, I don't think anyone here at the age of 18 has looked at an 8 year old and thought, yeah she's gonna be peng when she's older.

It's unacceptable, unfortunately as well, given the media bias in Scotland regarding the boys club situation and we can't be having youth squad players coming out with this this rotten garbage.

He needs booting, shame really, had high hopes for him here, thought guys like him and Dembele could have done damage in the league together.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Exactly. A lot of overreaction to this.

11. joemc

Peng meaning ,good looking "when older " totally meant as a 'you have beautiful kids" to a parent , but peng is not a great sounding term, and its a total overblown reaction to a nothing statement meant to praise a parent .too many people with too much time on their hands looking for drama in everything total pitchforks and shovels moment .

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    MagicBallBhoy and The67Sound like this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Still think that sounds a bit suspect to be honest. Plus, regardless of the age difference involved here, Okoflex isn't mates with the girls mum or dad.

Using your comparison, it would actually be more like a 40 year old bloke saying to a complete stranger that their 8 year old daughter would need to be locked indoors. That would be alarm bells.

Aidan O’Shea and King of Kings like this.
  13. James Gold Member Gold Member

It's the way he said it though it's totally weird

Officer Doofy likes this.
  14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Stupid thing to say but it doesn't mean he should be sacked by Celtic. Just needs a frank one way discussion telling him to watch what he says in future.

JC Anton and Marie like this.
  15. ddub11

Think we all agree it was wrong,how ever the level of punishment is open to debate.

If im being honest im not familiar with the word he used or the meanings it may have, (i have an ideas what it means)so with regards to punishment id like to hear his opinion/excuse first.

You think he needs booting and thats fair enough (in time when i get a better understanding of the words and what he ment i may agree with ye perhaps) do you think if eddie said the same thing you would be as quick to want him gone?

Not looking for an argument it seems a few want him gone and i was wondering if it was eddie or even brown would peoples opinions be the same.

16. celtic warrior

Don't care who says it, whether it be Larsson to Broony, they should rightly be booted out of the club

Nasser and ddub11 like this.
  17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Why would it matter if Larsson thinks that Brooney is going to be peng when he's older?

The_Bhoy, FranceCelt, Twisty and 4 others like this.
  18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't see Eddie of Brown doing an Instagram live with randomers though.

19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

20. celtic warrior

Smart *, you got me there.