1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy 7 (Remake)

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Idioteque, Apr 7, 2020.

Discuss Final Fantasy 7 (Remake) in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Just got confirmation my Pre order is arriving tomorrow, released a few days earlier than planed (even though it’s been delayed).

Looks smashing but wouldn’t expect anything less.

Can’t wait

2. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Some amount of hours in that game. Im.axtuslly astonished that they managed to get 33-43 hrs of gameplay out of Midgar (based on an ign article).

3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Looking forward to it but I wish they put an option to play the old style way.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

they have. You just need to hold in an action button to freeze the game at any point.

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Yea but I don't think its quite the same with the ATB.

6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

hmm there is an ATB gauge, you can only do standard attacks while gauge is building. It’s quite a good balance between new and old. I’m only on chapter 3. Hooked already.

7. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Ah I must be ill informed then.

8. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

20hrs in. Chapter 11. Just doing the trim graveyard at the moment. Just as cool as the original. The battle system is something of perfection, makes every battle unique, so many ways to style your battle depending on the opponent

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is unreal this game.

Living up to the hype and my expectations.
    Chapter 6 with around 8-10hrs in to it already and I'm somewhat just plodding along with the story. Done all the sides when I had the chance, could do with more of them though.

And fyi, Tifa is awesome!

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

10. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Also loving the game so far. Quite enjoying how they've handled the remake, while keeping the theme of the original.

Started playing this afternoon and am now about to take another classic boss from reactor 5.

Slight complaint would be with regards to the game feeling a little too linear. I'm interested to see how they let you choose your fireteam later in the game too, because atm I'd be worried about never having Barret there for the long range scenarios.

11. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Beat the game last night. Just under 40hrs on normal mode. Can’t wait for the next instalment

Peej likes this.
  12. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I'm just finishing up on the sector 5 slums - forgot to beat Shiva and making my way towards Wall Market.

Done all side quests so making the most of it. Also hope I get another chance to beat Shiva as I missed the VR fight in sector 5.

13. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

you can return and fight shiva at any point. I forgot to do it first attempt too. There is also fat chocobo to fight also. Chadly appears In many locations along the way

Fontaine likes this.
  14. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks man - that's really good to know! Thought I had blown that part of my play through.

Just about to start on wall market. Loading up now!

Idioteque likes this.
  15. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Aeriths a wee gem ...

16. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Too much filler and they took too much liberty in changing the story. Still a good game but nowhere near the original's level. I'd have rather they just cut out the extra stuff and released the full game.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Tifa still wins, hands down.

Completed it this afternoon, only took 49hours of game play.

Certainly a bit of filler in there with the side quests, but I dare say if they cut that all out, folk would be very much up in arms about it being too linear.
    No chance was it ever going to be a carbon copy remake, there is plenty of "polished" versions out there already for that.
    It's more a retelling and for whatever reason they decided to go multiple games (more cash, or just to tell the story they originally wanted to tell?), they naturally needed to add a lot in to it to make this game stand as a single game.

Loved it though, brilliant game and much like watching Star Wars Episode 4 for the first time, I can not wait for the next part now.

18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Took me over 50 hours to complete it with all the side quests, optional bosses and battle Intel's, although I didnt finish the Intel where you have to max out all the green materias cause that would take too long, might do a second play through on hard to max them out. I loved it from start to finish, the story, combat, and especially the music were all top notch.
    SPOILERS below
    [/SPOILER
    So I never played the original game but I've since went back watched some clips and read up on the story etc to get my head round it. To me It seems like this game is more of a sequel rather than a remake, similar in the way like avengers infinity war is the original ff7 and endgame is the ff7 remake but instead of the good guys going back in time or to a different timeline it's the villain who's trying to change things to ensure he wins and somehow aerith knows about his plans and shes trying to stop him. Main thing I hope for the next game is that you might have a chance to save aerith which would be great.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Thought it was a great game. They really nailed the combat system.

The only criticisms I could give it were in some of the side quests being a bit bland, and the way they handled Sephiroth being a bit poor imo. The scene from the original with the blood all over the Shinra HQ is really ominous, whereas in the remake he feels a bit too fragile.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I out the sephiroth story in remake down to them needing to make it feel like a complete game with a proper boss battle at the end.

From here on out, the game will likely follow suit with the OG game, perhaps a bit more interaction with sephiroth again, maybe?

The side quests could have been done better and a little bit more of a free roam feel to the game to level up the characters, but I feel that in midgar that would be difficult and that's probably why some of the side quests where shoved in to make sure players had a chance to level up at certain points in the game.

But, aye, * brilliant game.
    Can't wait for the next.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk