1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will The Human Race Really Learn From This?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Mar 19, 2020.

Discuss Will The Human Race Really Learn From This? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    No, maybe a week or 2 we will take stock of what’s important. Not long after we will go back to our usual self centred selves.

2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes it will be a NO,and the price for the Human Race will be way beyond huge,but in the long run,good,very very good for the Natural World.

3. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really great thread, will hopefully reply, but not tonight after 2 and an half bottles of red :50: Knowing me I’ll forget lol,but my intentions are well meaning lol. Think this is the reset button we all need imho.

seamus1967 and cidermaster like this.
  4. Markybhoy

Well, let's see.......

We have a climate change denier in the White House
    Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin. Who's main interests are money, gaining territory and espionage
    And the Chinese are just the Chinese

These three countries pretty much call the shots in geopolitics. So, no. My expectations that things will be any different if/when this thing comes to an end are not very high.

5. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * i thought i posted that:84:.......But we will at least try and find a Cure:60:

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Pretty much sums it up a long with the Sheepology of the Masses

7. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Society is in the gutter, a lot of it forced there by the ruling classes who have dumbed the education system down and turned the masses into consumers of crap.

They have enforced poverty to the point that, sadly, a lot of people just don’t care anymore and after this we will descend further into a mix of Brave New World and Lord of the Flies.

Everyman for himself will be prevalent. It’s tragic.

I actually can’t blame most for reacting this way as they are so utterly demoralised and brainwashed that their default position is * off and * you, which perfectly mirrors the attitude of the ones that put them there in the first place.

It beggars belief the appalling lack of self awareness, selfishness and downright ignorance of society in general, it depresses me. We should be better than that, but the class war has been long won and we absolutely will descend further into a world of the haves and have nots.

Clapping at 8pm on a Thursday night does not absolve anyone of their day to day failure.

Look at our current government, “Take back control” “Get Brexit Done” “Protect the NHS”! Slogan after slogan and the thick Great British Public have bought it hook line and sinker!

Protect the NHS? People are buying into that * from those Tory * who sought to destroy it?

If that bumbling * Boris stood up and repeatedly said “washing machines live longer with Calgon” their * sales would go through the roof! In fact it would soon be the national anthem!

We ought to take great stock from this. Look at the lack of pollution! I still managed to get work done and generate business before “furlough” working at home, I normally drive 400 plus miles per week. I’ve driven 300 miles since 23rd March as I was working from home and then, save for the odd journey to deliver food to an ageing relative and my kids, my car has been unused. I’ve still got 170 mile range that will see me till end of month.

This is just me, multiply that by hundreds of thousands in the same boat. Look at the pictures of the lack of smog, the satellite pictures tracking the demise of pollution and warming, nature coming back and the clearer waters!

We must try to resist the panic and temptation to fall right back into the way it was. That way was wrong, the environment and Mother Nature is screaming at us just now saying this is the way forward. If we even only went back half the way it would be better.

We need to raise the bar ourselves though. The twisted secret society that rules the world will have us all scrambling back to cover their losses by making us believe they were looking out for us, but we must pay our dues for that. They will attempt to make us feel bad and they will leave a trail of poverty, famine and homelessness never seen before, which depressingly takes me back to my opening salvo in this long rambling post. Everyman for himself will prevail.

Two generations will pay for this and it’s going to be really difficult to raise standards for the many, not just the few.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fantastic post! But try not just two generations, it’s all future generations.

9. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Saw a documentary on PBS earlier about the 1918 pandemic/spanish flu, considering the amount of deaths during that one to this one so far, we’ve definitely learned from that one, here’s hoping Politicians don’t impede our learning from this one just to save their jobs

10. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Nothing will change bcoz the human race is consumed by greed, we will continue to destroy our planet bcoz no one gives a * about it's future as we won't be here to care. When people like Johnston, Trump and Putin are leading nation's I worry about how stupid we have become. The only hope for our planet is an asteroid to wipe us out and let nature take it course and the Earth to repair what we've caused.

11. Markybhoy

Good post, blackfish. A lot of serious points well made. And the bolded bit made me :56:

12. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    https://www.space.com/20151-potentially-dangerous-asteroids-images.html