1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Hickey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 19, 2020.

Discuss Aaron Hickey in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. made in ireland

But I’m judging him on actually having seen him play. Not on rumours of interest from other clubs, not on computer game ratings or anything else.

I heard all the same comments about the likes of Ryan Gauld etc as well.

2. mayo

Fair enough I respect your opinion. I’ve also saw him play and think for 1m it’s worth it. For every Ryan Gauld there is a John McGinn.

3. Pearse67*

so because one kid didnt make it the rest wont?

* what a flawed logic!

4. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think he’s still a bit lightweight and his passing is iffy from the games I’ve seen him play this season (Even the victories against Sevco).

Yet when he broke on the scene last year I was very impressed.

He does run his guts out for his team and could be developed over time.

He is a very young lad and has time on his side, but £1m bananas is simply not on, especially after this pandemic has eased off.

Our own economic vista has changed and we will no doubt have to buy local and buy wisely, but we need to give Taylor time to get going properly.

5. murphy88

I haven't really seen what all the hype is about when I've watched him. It would be a no risk signing as we would get him for buttons, however it's not a back up we need just now, and that's what he would be. Left back is the weakest part of the park for us, we need to bring in someone who is ready to go straight into the first team, not more back ups.

6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Dont forget our 30% discount

7. JamesM09

I don't think he would necessarily be considered backup at 17 years old. It's more of a prospect signing that could be used as backup if he proves to be good enough. It wouldn't (or shouldn't) affect who else we sign at LB.

I think at 17 years old he's looked like a really promising player. Hearts are * just now, so the opportunity is probably there to get him cheap. He could then be loaned out to develop if we think he's not ready.

8. murphy88

We are overloaded in the left back position with not one of them good enough in my opinion. Bringing in someone else that is not going to be a starter doesn't make sense. Taylor is only 22 as well. Hickey will be doing well to get to Taylor's level at the same age, and Taylor isn't good enough I don't think. I've not seen what all the fuss is about with Hickey in all honesty.

9. JamesM09

I think if we don’t think he’s good enough or going to be good enough that’s a fine reason on it’s own.

All I’m saying is prospects shouldn’t be based on the current first teams needs. We’d miss big talent with that policy.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Édouard at 17 was *...

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Considering how next season is likely to look, I'd be tempted to sign hickey and play Taylor and hickey as the two left backs.
    Hayes kept on for one more season to cover for those odd days we may need more grit (if the two younger lads aren't showing it yet).

Get boli to * though.

On the right, we should be doing similar with elhamed and frimpong, get the loans to * and punt Ralston.
    Streamline the squad now.

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would like to see him put out on loan if we were to sign him.
    To a half decent outfit, working with those wallopers at the diets will be doing his development no good-McPheelie and Levin.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See the * *, Alex Rae, recommending the kid goes to the huns.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Is that him, as a rangers fan, wanting rangers to take advantage of hearts financial situation?

So much for looking after the Scottish clubs.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd sign him, promising player, I'd let Hayes go and try and sell Bolingoli.

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.90min.com/posts/celtic-...a-to-hearts-starlet-aaron-hickey-01e95tg6xrqn

17-year-old Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is set to snub the chance to move to the Premier League in favour of a return to Celtic.

Hickey has been tracked by a number of England's biggest sides after breaking through to the Hearts first team this season. He managed 30 appearances in all competitions but was unable to steer his side away from the relegation zone.

With Hearts now dropping into the second tier of Scottish football, Hickey is widely expected to leave the club this summer, and a source has confirmed to 90min that it will be Celtic who win the race for his signature.

The teenager had attracted interest from a number of sides in England, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Leeds United all understood to have sent scouts to watch Hickey, but he has chosen to return to former side Celtic.

Hickey began his academy journey with Hearts but spent a brief period on the books at Celtic before returning to the former in 2018, and he has gone from strength to strength ever since.

He was handed his senior debut in a 2-1 loss to Aberdeen in the Premiership playoffs in May 2019, before starting his first game against none other than Celtic just a week later.

Hickey then became the youngest player to start in a Scottish Cup final when he again turned out against Celtic, playing the full 90 minutes as his side narrowly fell to a 2-1 loss.

The Hoops have had plenty of chances to watch Hickey in action, and they are now set to beat a host of European giants to his signature.

He will arrive at Celtic Park to compete with fellow left-backs Boli Bolingoli and Greg Taylor, although his versatility could see him shift over to the right side of defence when needed.

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yea, I would be happy to see him come in the door.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anyone got the clip of his post match interview about playing in the rain?

"it makes it slippy"

Edit - never mind--here it is :56:

20. Keano88

Better aff way Aaron Lovebite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.