1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Roberts!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by AJ Styles, Jan 24, 2016.

Discuss Patrick Roberts! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Gies him City.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

How’s his injury record been since he’s been away?

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have made a new approach to take Patrick Roberts back to Scotland, but this time on a permanent basis, TEAMtalk can reveal.

The Bhoys are looking to take their former loan star back to Celtic Park, although Manchester City are yet to decide his long-term future, we understand.

City paid more than £12million to secure his future from Fulham in 2015, but he has featured just three times for the club during that time, having spent the majority of his time on loan elsewhere

City still have Roberts under contract to 2022 and were ready to extend that deal by another 12 months to see if he can be a success for them, which is why, we understand, they have rebuffed Celtic’s offer for now.

However, the Bhoys’ bid – which we understand is in the region of £3million – has been left on the table should City change their mind.

Injuries have curtailed Roberts’s progress in recent years and that was highlighted by his current loan stint at Middlesbrough, where he impressed hugely before being ruled out for much of the rest of the season through injury.

Boro would love the chance to take him back on loan, but City would rather he gets top-flight experience – ideally in England, but if not he may have to go abroad next season.

Roberts spent the first half of the 2019/20 season loan at Norwich, but the arrangement was cut short after Roberts played just four times.

During his previous three seasons on loan at Celtic, the winger scored 18 times in 79 appearances and proved a popular player among their supporters, who would no doubt welcome his return on a permanent basis.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Abysmal

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye his form and injuries haven't been great..

3 mill is still too hard to turn down though for what we know he CAN offer and at just turned 23..

In our league (even at his worst) he can be a match winner over and over with his talent..

He definitely provides that something different and a bit more guile on the right..

Can you imagine him on the right coming in with Frimpong behind him or Elhamed even overlapping..

packybhoy likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    £3million is a steal.

We know what he is capable for us and what he brings. Absolute no brainer for me.
    He's had a bad time with injuries, but I don't believe (could be wrong) any are considered career long setbacks/something that always crops up?

I'd love him back as he offers something different to Forrest and would be key to the next few years. HOWEVER:

ArzanI, Shved, Forrest, Dembele, Johnston, Hayes and Ely all on the books at present.

Sure Arzani and ELy are off in the summer (or, whenever) I'd still want to see a shake up to some extent for the wingers.

Forrest and Roberts - get Dembele on loan (yo, Dundee? ha)
    Johnston, Left Winger ?

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ve just hit an absolutely massive stauner.

Peej likes this.
  8. Pearse67*

Eddie up top with roberts behind him, flanked by elyounoussi and forrest.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think this story is alot of *

Plus I think it would take more than 3million he signed an extension at City no that long ago

10. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I'd have him back over Mo. He absolute magic on the pitch, sort of player we've not really replaced.

11. TheHappyLoss

Well you say massive ;)

Twisty likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

For a talent like him £3mill is worth every penny, especially on a perm deal.

If the was any truth to it, then it's a no brainer.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We would win the world cup with him get the deal done!

:56:

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Must have, but only 2 more years on it.
    Lads surely got to admit he aint getting in to that City squad though.
    23 now, will be 25 when that contract runs its course and City I wouldn't imagine will be looking to renew a contract on a 24-25 year old that hasn't made it at all with them. Lad would be better making a perm move somewhere that aint a relegation yo-yo club (look at Sinclairs comments when he came here regarding his horrid time at Villa and knowing that the City deal financially sorted him, but he wasn't to that standard). Roberts needs to quickly find his level (hint, he already did with us) and make that move happen. Long term 4-5 years at a club like us and you'd enjoy your football, make a move south again for a big pay day at 29-30 if you reckon you can cut it for a Europe spot, but highly unlikely.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Would absolutely love to have him back, if there was any truth in it. At 23, we’d hopefully see his peak years with us. Competition for Forrest is great too.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mmmmm...

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Get him up the road, should never have left us really. Don't think with his stature and frame and not great pace he has much chance of playing in the EPL.

Keano88 likes this.
  18. Cupid Stunt

Story looks made up * but honestly, watch his best bits videos from his time at Celtic, some of his touches and passing is above anything we have right now and to be honest for me, above anything we have had in a long time.

The pass in behind he did at Ibrox for Griffiths and I think it may have been Motherwell for Armstrong, just genuinely unreal.

His finishing was ridiculous as well and that's before you take in to account how good he was actually running with the ball.

If I was him I'd be pushing to come back here to try recapture some of that form, even if it is only for a year.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A says the stauner was massive, nothing about the size of the member it’s on :56:

Twisty and TheHappyLoss like this.
  20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes please, would be great to have him back.

Rydo1888* likes this.