1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic / Charlton links

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by AddicktedRichard, Apr 14, 2020.

Discuss Celtic / Charlton links in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. AddicktedRichard

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

that link is saying insecure

3. StevieBhoooy!

No disrespect for you or your club as a whole... but your manager is one of the most vile and despicable individuals ever to be involved with professional football.

It doesn’t say much for the ethics or morals of any club that is happy to employ him. Unfortunately that’s symptomatic of the standards at most English clubs.

Hello BTW !

JML67 and Drakhan like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Proper Hun loving support Charlton..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Some attacking force

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Some good Celtic players in that line up. McGeady, Elliot, Ledley to name a few.

A wee tip mate. Its just the Glasgow derby, not the old f**m. Not a term we Celtic fans use.

No guilt by association.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

Celtic supporters tend to be fond of Elliott, Kayal, and Ledley. They were the kind of players supporters love.

Di Canio was a fantastic player, but he is a fascist, and that rather takes the shine off of his time here.

McGeady was a phenomenal talent, but I feel that he never reached the heights that he could have.

Matthews left a sour taste in my mouth with his comments about Celtic and Scottish football when he left (despite playing second fiddle to Mikael Lustig for much of his time here), but he was a decent player for us.

Zheng Zhi was useless, but a level above his compatriot Du Wei, at least. :giggle1:

I have no recollection of the rest of them.

AddicktedRichard likes this.
  8. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ....as does the Sevco official website for some reason

Spring Time likes this.
  9. AddicktedRichard

Thanks for the replys.

On Bowyer, I agree that his behaviour as a young man was unacceptable, but I feel he has learnt from it and grown up. He has proved to be a very good manager and is much more mature now. I would never have believed that he would be successful but he has been.

In terms of Charlton I would say that there are as many Celtic fans as Rangers, but there is a small group who follow them although that might be smaller now because we were not impressed with the way they poached Joe Aribo.

I hadn't realised that 'Old Firm' wasn't an expression used by Celtic fans. I thought it was a general term used for the Derby.

In terms of players what I like about this exercise is that fans view the same player differently. Kayal and Ledley were disappointing for us because they were not fit. Indeed Ledley only lasted 45 minutes.

Ironically Zheng Zhi was a good player for us. If he hadn't been injured towards the end of his stay we might not have got relegated. Clearly he didn't impress in his two years with you.

Jeremie Frimpong and JML67 like this.
  10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Your man doughty is a good player

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I remember the Charlton side from around 2004 quite well. Shaun Bartlett, Di Canio, Jensen, and Scott Parker etc. Was a good squad.

Di Canio was a great player and a real maverick but his political views sour many memories of him I'd imagine. As a person at least.