1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Only problem is after the split , theres a free week? What happens with the last week , one team sits at home

2. made in ireland

It’s an absolute shambles from top to bottom.

3. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    I never realised how * hour and unprofessional doing business in Scotland was until I left it.

Too many thick huns running companies.

Doogs. likes this.
  4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sevco will like that.. will be the one week that they are certain not to drop points in the title race

seamus1967 likes this.
  5. john2061

There saying on the radio there that social distancing could stay for over a year and they could be only 6000 fans allowed into celic park for a home game and this would a really bad effect on the club then and how can the club pay for big wages .

6. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.

Hopefully they'll sell the stream.

strike twice and cidermaster like this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee enjoying the power trip and publicity here I think. Wouldn’t surprise me if they know exactly what they want but they are enjoying spinning it out.

8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If I was Partick Thistle or Hearts I'd be tempted to withdraw my No vote and see whether that would get me into a negotiating position. Why leave all the leverage with Dundee.

From a Celtic point of view I think none of this going on at present makes any difference to us. We'll still be champions eventually. Doubt there will be the opportunity to win it on the field but you never know. I'd not get too wound up about it.

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. Bonobhoy

And that comes at a price.

Sinking other teams that need the money and making this scenario which is a disgrace even more of a disgrace.

We have won the league either way,we win it on the park,being 13 clear, along with the cup, or we win it via the scenario of stopping the league as it stands.

Hearts are just * useless and doing whats expected of a club being relegated and Sevco have nothing but to attempt to DELAY 9 in row,while punishing themesleves in the money department causing all sorts of issues,hopefully Admin.

Dundee are just * thats found some use in their history.....and its this pitiful thing,to get one over Utd.

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    They're not gonna vote to get relegated mate!! Maybe the huns could do it!! They have less to lose than any *, other than face!!:84:

11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeh but they might vote on the basis that the league is reconstructed and they stay up as part of that reconstruction.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    They probably are not a million miles off the mark. Reality is even when the storm has passed for the most part and restrictions can be lifted we are not going back to life as it was before. Until there is a treatment and or a vaccine there is no going back to life fully that is just the reality we face. Football will restart but regardless of what happens with the rest of this season next season will be played behind closed doors or in front of very small crowds. There is zero chance of a vaccine and or treatment until probably mid 2021 at the earliest and that means the whole of next season will be played under some kind of restrictions probably.

13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'd love that to be a possibility to be honest but I thought that would be another vote?? Can think of one team that would knock it back straight off.

I noticed Dundee's statement mentioned it but I think it would be them that brought it up?? To be honest, * knows mate!!:56:

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wish they would stop being dicks and overly complicating the whole issue.
    Relegation happens, it is part of the process of a league campaign. I get clubs obviously dont want to be relegated, but it's gonna happen, and using Covid-19 is a cop out.

If they all just stop complicating it and accept things, we can all get on with actually protecting the rest of clubs and the bigger picture. I am fairly confident in saying that any club relegated during this process will be helped a little more than usual considering the circumstances. But the circumstances do not magically waive relegation away, in the same way that it aint going to waive a promotion or a title away.

Stop trying to think of next season as well, stop trying to further complicate this season and the issues we face by assuming and trying to plan what happens next season. Keep it simple.
    Next season, for all that we can figure out is likely to go ahead as planned - so don't * around with this season to put the next one in a situation that it doesn't need to be. Again, keep it simple.

This season is suspended at present. The goal here is to find a way to complete it within a time frame that does not complicate next season (and all the factors that go with that such as tv deal, fixture congestion, europe etc). The SPFL has announced no training is even to begin till June 10th. We need to complete this season before the start of the next one - which is the start of August. At best case, we can finish 8 games in 4 weeks (3 if we really want to) so we need a month, if we all can agree that we train from 10th June with first game back on 24th June, we can have the league done by 21st July with a 10-14 day break.

That should be the plan - * that IS the plan for the Premiership.

Unless anything else changes from that, we should be running on how to conclude this season (again) without effecting next season.

Thats the only thing we need to be looking at.

Other issue though is money and clubs needing it quick, so the option now is for the low leagues to call it as it is, get their money as they would in June and they get to then close doors, get on with hunkering down and don't need to do much else...we hope.
    Prem teams want to obviously be abiding by UEFA, so we continue a bit longer in the hope the above timescales can be met. If it gets to the stage we can not, then the plan is that we call the league as it stood.

How this is not getting through to some supporters (huns) and some clubs is beyond me.
    Sure some clubs want to try and protect themselves, but the unfortunate circumstance means the league MAY need to be called early, if thats the case, it wont be for a lack of trying. But suck it up, relegation happens, you will still get your money.
    If relegation is such an issue for a team like Hearts, then they really have bigger issues that means they probably shouldn't be running as a club in the way they are.
    What was the plan from Hearts pre-Covid? That IF they were still bottom in 8 games time, was the plan to beg not to be relegated? Use job redundancies as an excuse not to go down? Plead for reconstruction to save their *?
    Covid-19 doesn't change that situation, it may just bring it forward.

Any idea of a reconstruction, no relegation, etc is just complicating what is a very simple problem to deal with.

TimFloyd likes this.
  15. murphy88

Hearts changing their vote wouldn't change anything. The SPL have already got enough votes to pass the proposal. This is the flaw in the vote, 39 out of 42 teams could have voted to pass this but if 3 from the Championship for example had voted no then it would still fail.

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Listened to Dalziel on the radio... he kept saying the rules should be Broken and common sense applied!

Hey Gordon.. directors have to follow Company Law.. that is L. A. W .. if any director openly breaks/ignores the articles of association they risk being barred from holding a directorship in any company ( including other directorships they currently hold ) for the next 5 years

They normally say its all about opinions but when it comes to company Law it is all about compliance.

The SPFL Board are a * show but they are following the rules that the CLUBS THEMSELVES put in place. Articles of Association can be amended , modified or changed via procedure but as most clubs don't read what they signed up for then the problem lies with the clubs.

The money to be distributed is NOT PRIZE MONEY.. it is Commercial Fees... thus the money is linked to COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS.. ie TV Deals, Sponsorship etc and if that money is paid out and the SPFL fail to deliver their end of the contract then the SPFL Board could be on the hook for 9.3 miilion

IF it were me sitting on the SPFL Board i would not be comfortable about distributing fees without speaking to sponsors / partners. Might be why they are ok with ending lower leagues as the TV / Sponsors wont have invested much in those leagues.. but the Premier pulling the plug could leave the board wide open to a BREACH OF CONTRACT

** If clubs are serious about Fan Ownership then there will never be a better time that NOW

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee having positive talks about reconstruction apparently. Didn’t think that was part of the vote and how are only they having them? Yes or no ffs then see what happens if they vote no. They are not gonna let Utd go up without them. Even though only one of them deserve to.

18. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Me , you and anyone here on TC can have positive talks about reconstruction.. at the end of the day the only way Leagues will be reconstructed is when a motion is put to a vote before the clubs.. and if they want the top league to change then (at present) it is only those top clubs that will be voting on it and need 11 votes to pass motion

Clubs have to realize that the longer this drags on the more likely a truncated season is next year ( less fans through the gates ). The way things are headed if everybody wants to complete this season is that next year we might only fit in 22 games ..

Maybe the parachute payments need to be increased if teams are relegated .. maybe some cash has to be found for clubs that are missing out in play off games.. i can see why the SPFL Board have went with ending the season now as everything else just starts raising more scenarios for clubs to have a grievance

What i am not seeing anywhere in the world is the same shitshow that we have in Scotland.. THAT should tell all our clubs and officials to have a long hard look at themselves.

Luis1967 likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fresh SPFL story coming up

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member