1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Godfather of Harlem

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by stew37, Apr 8, 2020.

Discuss Godfather of Harlem in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stew37

Anyone watch this? I've only got a couple of episodes to go from the first series after starting it on Saturday. Really like it, Forest Whitaker, Giancarlo Esposito and Nigel Thatch all brilliant in it; his dialogue as Malcolm X is always really interesting, plays it well.

If you've no seen it but seen American Gangster with Denzel Washington it's based on Bumpy Johnson, the guy who's Frank Lucas's boss at the start. From reading up it's the guys that made Narcos, and also Forest Whitaker is the producer. New series out later this year apparently, hopefully no too long cos I've rattled right through this.

trackebhoy likes this.
  2. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    Seen it all, pretty decent show delving into bumpy before you met him in american gangster. Big forrest Whitaker is class in it as he is in almost everything.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    stew37 likes this.
  3. stew37

I'm gonna watch the last 2 episodes tonight. Aye he's excellent in it, hopefully see the date for the 2nd series announced soon, there's no other shows I'm really waiting on at the moment.

4. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Watched the whole of the first season. Gripping show. Assume there will be a second season ?

5. stew37

Aye it's been confirmed for later in the year mate.

Idioteque likes this.