1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Seen UEFA have hired a virologist, who’s recommended finishing the seasons thought out Europe immediately... when do they step in and make the decision? Or do they at all?

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Hun fans think that means null and void them all but we all know that it means just end them with winners as the virologist supports Belgiums handling

Boruc17 and DonnyCelt like this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    At this point following Belgiums lead seems the most likely way to go and then the focus can turn to how to adjust things to get a new season started as one way or another no vaccine and or treatment for this virus will be available until sometime in 2021 at the earliest so next season is for sure going to take a hit in terms of how it is set up at the least be it some part spent behind closed doors with games or whatever.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i think they finished playing too early i.e. i think they could have gone on playing without fans at the stadium as they did in other places, but we are where we are

uefa have obviously went out and looked for a virologist that recommended what they wanted, them * are just thinking of their bottom line and i guess thats because their is gonna be a claw back of funds from them

youd have thought that all these competitions would have clauses in them to safeguard againts things out of control that could end the football season, im quite surprised there isn't any clauses tbf

is it not common sense if events outside the control of football stop football at a 3/4 through the season then the results so far are finalised

isnt there a rule if a game gets postponed after 65minutes or something the result at the time is the final result but if before that time its a voided game ?

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Fat Killie * lying and many other's trying to paint the picture of bullying going on for the yes vote..

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As I said in another thread.

just pause the season to July and pay out the 12th/10th place finishing money to all teams in their respective divisions then pay balance once it’s all done.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To declare null and void imo you would see at least 50% of Scottish clubs go to the wall.

The legal ramifications of it would be severe said it for weeks now

8. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We have to relinquish the title said ex SPL chief.

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How about a new Vote based on sporting merit

Every team throughout 4 leagues gets the amount of votes that they have points !!!! 75% required to pass the motion.. if you abstain then it doesn't matter and if you don't vote then they don't count

Teams at the bottom with very few points can't then hold every other team to ransom

10. Mr Hoopy

The Premiership vote should just have been from said teams - NOT all other leagues

11. DonnyCelt

An ardent hun supporter no doubt

Drakhan likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

Jesus * christ the DR spouting the option of null and void but give out prize money for league standings before :56: making it up as they go along now.

In no way shape or form can prize money be dished out if they're going to null and void it

13. Paul McAuley

If Dundee reject this what’s the alternative?

I’m starting to see the huns getting there own way tbh. I just hope UEFA will step it. It would be a national Scandal if us Dundee United and Cove are not declared champions. Wouldnt shock me tho.

Should have the vote again in 3 Months. By that time for the majority of clubs it will be administrators that will be making the call.

14. DonnyCelt

In truth why should Dundee hold the deciding vote for all leagues. Premiership, league 1 and league 2 voted overwhelmingly in favour of ending it as it is. Even the championship voted for it without Dundee's vote

15. DonnyCelt

If the league is Null and Voided (and it won't be) then the next step is to make sure NO prize money is given.

noise likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Then all sponsorship money paid back to sponsors who are bookies and will be desperate for cash in.
    Then sky/bt/premier will want their money back.
    Then fans should be asking for ALL their season ticket money back from all clubs bar 1 who have already said their club can keep it (guess who).

MagicBallBhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The only reason Dundee are milking this for all their worth is that they are one of the 6 clubs that have insurance in place to cover this.
    * them.

18. DonnyCelt

Exactly. They cannot tout the null and void option without all that is attached to that outcome.

Although I want to see the season played to a conclusion so we can win the league by a bigger margin, the next best option is to call it as it is and get on with planning for next season as best we can and clubs can have their much needed cash to survive.

But if a certain team/teams are going to push for a null and void simply out of spite, then my * it will be funny to see them get their wish. All it does is delay 9IAR and we sit back and watch the * die

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Well think about the bookies, the 100's of thousands who bet on league winners, top scorers etc all need refunded as it never happened.. you think any of these sponsors will pay the spl anything due? It's not just Scottish football, it's such a high amount across the board itll wipe out teams, wipe out bookies, jobs. Its utter madness. For what? Because they somehow think in 8 games theyll over turn 13 points somehow... we would loose 4+ of those 8 games. Aye we all want to play the remainder. I want 60k celebrating 9 in a row. For the safety of people and to keep scottish football alive, is why this vote has went ahead to end the season early.

Hope dundee go bust anaw.

20. DonnyCelt

Yep. Initially I thought they may have cocked up their vote unintentionally. But it seems they have withheld simply because they know their vote would be a decider and they can manipulate things.