1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    It’s just noise.

When it starts winding you up, it’s time to chuck it.

2. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Aye see id end up a few beers deep and biting like a salmon :56: like I says elsewhere I try not give them the attention they crave but sometimes they press the right buttons lol

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

They are actually all nice people who don’t hate the world.

:56:

4. wulliebad

Lets look at their track record.....we died but we are the same club......no cups or league standings count while we was in lower divs.
    Moronless is worth 50 million.
    I can see how null and void but give us the cash fits right in.:76:

5. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey

I like to remind Victim Care FC that they walked away from their responsibilities and paid out * all to the families of the 66 people they were responsible for killing, as per Judge Lord Irvine Smith’s conclusion.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14202350.ibrox-disaster-sheriff-irvine-smith-qc-dies-aged-89/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  6. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    Ask them what the club owns and what the company owns.

Ask them who are the committee members of the club and not the company.

Expect a blank expression.

7. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    You’ll get used to it being repetitive and going round the houses, and that’s when you’ll see the futility of it.

Biting isn’t the issue as long as you don’t let it get to you, after a few sherbets or otherwise.

It should be mandatory to wear a blood pressure gauge whilst on social media.

It’s knowing when to step away also.

Like I say, nothing gets to me but I’m a seasoned campaigner, and it’s learning behaviour.

Never argue with a * as they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I started out getting wound up as well.

Boruc17 likes this.
  8. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    Anyway, it’s a win win situation for us.

The only thing to be determined is WHEN we’re awarded the title.

Let the ‘noise’ dissipate.

Take a deep breath.

Goodnight folks.

9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Tiocfaidh ar la :62::62::62::62::62::62::62::62::62::62:

10. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That patter about titles not counting because they weren’t in the league is the kicker for me. Must have missed that bit where titles only count when one other team is in the league. So does that mean if we, * forbid, had a shocker of a season and we’re relegated (I know, I know, won’t happen any time soon!) that if they won the season while we were relegated, it wouldn’t count?! Clutching man. They are a right laugh these days and the thing that’s killing them is that they can’t accept the fact they are just a middling club now, with no structure, no money, and no fiscal responsibility. It kills them that other clubs don’t give a * about them. Everything is either a slight on them or a * conspiracy. What a laugh, I hope this drags out just to enjoy the tantrums and statements escalate as their wee super squirrel savers account empties over the next few weeks.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They think they were hard done by as their phoenix club (which they are one) was not allowed straight in the premiership. In England (a country they seem to like more than everyone who actually lives here) they have to start in tiers 10 or 11. They were actually treated really well but they can never see it

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The fate of the SPFL's proposal to end the lower league seasons early rests with Dundee, who are the only Championship side not to have voted.

The league has the necessary backing of 10 of the 12 Premiership clubs, and 16 of the 20 in Leagues One and Two.

As it stands, nine of the 10 second-tier sides have voted 7-2 in favour.

But with eight votes needed for the resolution to pass, Dundee will have the decisive say having missed the requested deadline.

The SPFL wanted responses by 1700 on Friday, but it later emerged clubs had 28 days to respond according to league rules.

Dundee, who sit third in the Championship, released a statement on Friday evening which did not mention which way the club intended to vote, but did criticise the proposal.

It said: "In contrast to so much positivity and support, the language in the current proposal condemns clubs to be financially worse off than they already are as we sit here today. This has been difficult to accept.

"Fundamentally, we believe that in these exceptional and uncertain times, no member club should be worse off as a result of this proposal than they are today. The current proposal will see member clubs cumulatively have in the region of £3.5-£4 million pounds of lost revenue."

If passed, the resolution will end the Championship, League One and Two seasons early with the Premiership curtailed only when the SPFL board determines the current campaign cannot be completed.

The league had also committed to dialogue with clubs about possible league reconstruction if the resolution carried.

Rangers, Hearts and Partick Thistle have all publicly condemned the resolution.

Rangers said they were going to resubmit their own proposal to free up final placing money to cash-strapped clubs without calling the Premiership season now, after being told by the league that their initial resolution was legally "ineffective".

And Dundee called for similar action, adding: "In all cases, current placement monies could be distributed to the member clubs in very short order while maintaining all SPFL obligations.

"Make no mistake; we would have to work quickly and diligently to ensure that members' current needs are met and that the democratic process is followed, but it is achievable."

13. wulliebad

Well if we follow their logic no cup ever should be handed out unless its celtic v rangers final and every round need to be celtic v rangers and for that matter every single league game played and the same would apply to every league in the world.....if the top two aint playing it does not count....hun at my ex work used to try and debate that current 9 IAR will not count because we have more money than them.:39:

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Celtic have donatdd £10000 to pay for hot meals for NHS staff at Glasgow Royal and one hun * has said its only so that pedos can get access to young patients. I want to kill that *.

15. DonnyCelt

Unless its won by them it doesn't count at all. That's their thinking

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee isnt voting because of lost revenue? Well welcome to the club. Every * one has lost revehue, restaurant, pub, gym ice cream van, face painters. No * going to be left untouched.

17. wulliebad

hope dud dee go under.

Can someone explain how a voting system that has a 5pm deadline and 28 days to vote works.:39:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  18. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    Remember to tell them that they were only promoted to the premiership through the divisions because we weren’t in those leagues.

MJ9 likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would love to see the analysis Dundee have done to come up with a figure of £4m if lost revenue, beachside intuitively it sounds way, way off.

Obviously it’s impossible to say without know long the details, but a £4m hit is massive for a club in Scotland. My gut feeling is they’ve come up with the £4m figure by comparing the SPFL’s suggested course of action to a scenario where football is resumed as normal and the season is concluded.

20. Pat McCluskey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat McCluskey
    They want a sweetener.

Chancers.

Projected income that will never happen.

No clubs are getting any turnstile income for the rest of the season.

I hope they go bust first.