1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Pay Cuts??

Discussion in 'World Football' started by cidermaster, Mar 21, 2020.

Discuss Pay Cuts?? in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The way some clubs and players have skirted around this and clutched anywhere for an excuse is genuinely sickly, the EPL is a money trough end of...forget a clubs outgoings and running costs they have individuals on colossal salaries which in truth giving them up entirely for the whole duration of this crisis will not exactly change their lifestyle or current assets in any way shape or form. I’m not suggesting they go that far but some recognition of the privileged position they have and their ability to show solidarity with the public that in many cases blindly follow them week in week out is very little to ask in my book.

With exception to the few that have stood up and been counted I would have expected many more by now to have used their precious social media accounts to make a personal statement and show they are humans with an awareness of what’s happening in the world rather than come out with bullshit like Danny Rose and co have waited weeks after the shutdown to spout about it should be a “collective” response etc, once more just plain bullshit thrown out to try and excuse so far * behaviour and attempt to hoodwink the blind followers further still.

I’d imagine something will happen now but my gut feeling is it’s been sparked by pressure from almost the entire public as well as political figures rather than any sense of conscience or doing what most people would em the right thing at a time when so many are suffering financially and worse still with their health.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    cidermaster likes this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You really find out who people are when things get tough not when everything is going along fine.