1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How Is Your Local Area Reacting?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, Mar 25, 2020.

Discuss How Is Your Local Area Reacting? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Some people's attitudes might change soon.

The next few weeks is likely to wake a few people up.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yip, seems like the longer this goes on the more people are getting bored and going about as if nothing is happening. Which is fair enough if it's only themselves they are putting at risk but I have seen plenty of folk out with young kids letting them touch everything. Even saw a wee boy licking a shop window today. Makes your blood boil.

3. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Every day for last week seen ambulances going along our road but not at same house twice.
    Yesterday morning early seen 4 ambulances all with their lights going heading towards the local hospital and 2 further on from opposite direction also going to the hospital

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Live on the outskirts of London now and it's been very good..

Most people crossing the road or making sure they're right out each other's way..

Quite quiet but in the main it's been good..

In a city that is forever invading your personal space....I hope it lasts..

Even driving up with the missus and kid's for forest walks and most are keeping out each other's roads..

FinnCelt and cidermaster like this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Been fine in my area.

Passing quite a few people when I've been out for a walk, but people are either crossing the road to avoid others or just giving a wide berth when they pass.

The parks all have tape covering the swings, chutes etc so thankfully not seen anybody acting the * and tearing them down - albeit my mum's pal was saying she saw someone doing exactly that in her local park elsewhere. Fannies.

FinnCelt and cidermaster like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When do we think we'll come out of lockdown roughly?

I suspect it will be extended until maybe the start of May but rightly or wrongly they'll eventually start lifting the lockdown..

I thought til June but I can't see businesses being kept shut til then. Millions and billions are being lost for some of them and although the seriousness of the situation.....I can't see a London for example being on lockdown throughout the whole summer. I could be wrong..

7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    In my Greater local area I am sad to report a bit of an increase in * numbers:47::31:

8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    North Wales Police are doing a brilliant as i speak to deter the Arseholes:60:

9. FinnCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Here in Southern Finland the majority are acting as they should: keeping on the social distancing, avoiding unnecessary visiting anywhere, remote jobs and so on ... The diminished traffic has relieved some stress out of the nature, and this shows concretely in the birds' very, very loud singing everywhere. It's like a whole different country now - an ecocity!

But then - as always - there are the junkster minorities... For example, a week ago there was a sale of very cheap and ugly - bright yellow & blue - running shoes for 15€. There appeared hundreds of people packed inside tight doorways, some of them even sick ... "So what if I get a Corona? I want those boots!" ... sigh. I'm absolutely sure they were the local gers in disguise.

Also I'm a bit worried about the first of May, which here in Finland is a traditional workers' overly-cheerful day of celebration, when people are prone to go outside with packs of hundreds and even thousands just to enjoy the sun, beer and booze after the six months darkness and rain ...

10. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

The locals have been brilliant....say no more about the rest of the *.

11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The locals in my part of south Lanarkshire are so pig thick ignorant that after one month they still can’t follow the * massive arrows on the floor of Asda, they’ve got absolutely no clue on social distancing and are so * oblivious I find it disturbing.

There is a whole section of our dumb society who just swan about and are so self consumed they don’t even realise that they are behaving abnormally. That’s the disturbing bit.

The queues at the * DIY stores just proves the point, thousands of these ignorant zombies out buying garden furniture when we are being discouraged to have more that a handful of family at a funeral, yet all these * arseholes in bright shorts and * flip flops can all * off down to a DIY store to get some furniture and some * danish oil and a bastarding BBQ?

Then last week we have utter turds like Sir Keir Stauner talking about exit strategies and dissident cabinet members being quoted by the experts in the media about easing lockdown. They’ve sown the seed for us to walk straight back into herd immunity strategy which will mean thousands more dead. Exit strategy being openly discussed just fills the heads of a large swathe of the thick public with more * sawdust. We are only 4 weeks in! Italy are double that but our death rate is rapidly catching up with them! * exit strategies just now and concentrate on trying to properly instruct and inform the thick idiots in this country about responsibility to the health of others and themselves.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Had a BBQ with the mrs and wee man yesterday. Don’t see what’s wrong with that as long as the whole street aren’t round for a burger.

13. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There isn’t if you are lucky enough to have a garden and a barbecue or outdoor cooking apparatus you can use, I was over emphasising a point about “essential” shopping and people’s priorities.

14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I get that but you can’t just expect people to stock up on sacks of spuds and bottled water until this is over. As long as you aren’t mingling with neighbours, family outwith your own home etc while doing these things it’s all good imo.

15. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    again, I agree

the point I am making is the process of actually going out to queue amongst hundreds of folks to actually procure these items. Two metres apart or not.

Being able to cook outside and shop for foodstuffs for said barbecue is not a problem either.

I just don’t think, when between 800-900 people are dying everyday in hospitals that going out to buy items for the garden from a DIY store is a priority.

What if there is a prevailing breeze in the car park where people are queuing and someone is coughing and sneezing and they have it? Two metres doesn’t make a difference at that point.

I think we might be confusing the ability and right to use ones own items in the privacy of ones own premises and the nonchalant attitude of queuing out a DIY store to go get new ones?

Doogs. likes this.
  16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A lot of total Dickheads in the area of Greater Manchester where my eldest Sister lives,i have heard from several old friends and others it was terrible in that area yesterday.One friend who walked near Hale Village said you would not know there was a lock down it was that bad.
    My sister has always said her area is far superior and the people have a much better intellect than my area of North Wales.Well in my area on the whole people have very respectful of the Serious situation,of there are some Dickheads but far fewer per head of population than where my eldest Sister lives,where i used to live.Yes my Sister is not so upbeat about my old area now and her imaginary Upper Middle Class values have ground to a halt.

17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Yeah I get what your saying now mate.

blackfish likes this.