1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus - Thread of Shame

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaulM1888, Mar 20, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus - Thread of Shame in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

Think you will find the news report that I referred to most definitely was using a crewed aircraft... but thanks all the same for your input.

2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Police Officers in Aberdeenshire are hunting a teenager who deliberately coughed on a Healthcare worker and told her she would catch Coronavirus.
    The incident happened at about 13.40 on Friday.
    The Woman had been driving on the road from Inchmario Gokf Course to Brathens Wood after finishing a shift when she saw someone on the ground waving for her attention.
    When she stopped,the teenager came forwards her and coughed in her face:31::47:

Marty McFly likes this.
  3. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Went to Asda today to pick up some bits n bobs and at first I was impressed with the social distancing measures put in place , queuing in the car park and one way in one way out. They even tried to direct people in the store itself both tape on the floor directing you to go up and down every aisle in a conveyor belt system. Nothing to clean the handle of the trolleys or baskets though but I wore disposable gloves so no biggy. However once I was inside doing my shopping I noticed that some people just did not give a * about distancing measures and wer quite happy to walk right up to you and lean over to get items from shelves. Couldnt count the amount of times I told people to * off away from me or commented loud enough for everyone to hear that they wer being * and stay a safe distance between each other. Only wanted to buy some milk and bread and a few other little things but ended up spending £75 thinking that I don't wanna come back to do this again anytime soon.

Anyone who seen me and thought I was stockpiling or panic buying and disapproved can go * themselves. I ain't going back unless I really need to.

paulie67 likes this.
  4. Onefootwonder

Jack Grealish.

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye exactly! If the stories emerging are even half true it’s an astonishing piece of behaviour, no doubt there will be an apologist or 2 lurking about to speak up for this moron but the fact he done a video on behalf of his club the same night telling people to stay indoors puts him in an elite category of utter *!

6. Onefootwonder

The evidence on offer so far looks damning.

I detest drink drivers as it is, but to do it in the circumstances he has makes him look a complete *.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    What did he do?

8. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    made club video urging everyone to stay at home then drove to visit a friend and on the way crashed into 2 cars.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

What kind of “friend” that will decide my opinion of what happened & my preferred outcome.

10. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    paulie67 likes this.
  11. Nasser

paulie67 and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    City Blinds & Shutters.

sent staff home Monday 23rd all fine, paid wages this month then everyone into furlough.

email to staff 4am yesterday not getting paid, company closed.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  13. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    was going to by 2 wooden shutter blinds for my bathrooms from them 4mths ago, quality wasn't that great and the price was very high, so went online and got very good deal and a far better quality pair of blinds.
    no wonder they went bust, high prices to pay for a big fancy showroom

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye blinds was like window salesman in the past. * extortionate. Now if you know how to hold a measuring tape you can save litterly thousands if your doing a full house.

As for window salesman they should be ashamed aswel. £16k I got quoted from several firms. In the end the entire house was redone for under £4k from a boy who works in the council and does that at the weekend. Top notch quality aswel. He even said he makes good money on that but doesnt take the *.

15. Onefootwonder

Can't have it both ways. People moan the high street is dying and companies can't afford to pay their staff in hard times.

Everyone is ordering off the cheapest suppliers online or paying cash in hand is the reason companies don't have cash and jobs are lost.

Gyp Rosetti and Nasser like this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Their side of the story isn’t quite as clear cut in fairness.

17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    The EPL the average weekly wage for first team players is approx £60,000 a week which is well clear of most annual salaries of NHS Nurses.But why not keep dishing out the wages.We know the greed of this league before this Pandemic happened ffs.

The Prof and MickeyyMack like this.
  18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Derek Clark’s statement regarding Newcastle and spurs reducing non playing staffs wage.
    He managed to insert Celtic into the same story which I know it’s wrong for those workers to be taking a pay cut when players are on between 5k to 30k.
    But really to put Celtic an spfl club into the same slander as EPL clubs who receive 100m per year and players on excess of 80k PW is beyond a joke there is no comparison. Another smoke screen to deflect away from the Establishment clubs finances.
    Utter pish Talk.

cidermaster likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If I was earning a nice 100k+ a week I'd be donating mine to the normal staff loosing out on money. 2-3 months wont exactly harm them. I'm no well off but I still gave the big issue seller outside lidl a bag of food and a tenner since they stopped printing his magazines, guy might spend his money on red stripe all day long but atleast hes outside lidl everyday of the week no matter the weather, and he has nothing to sell now to earn his red stripe money.

* bag had my favourite crisps in anaw. Had to go back and buy more :56:

Fully87, seamus1967 and cidermaster like this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Not only that but many so called celebrities could easily give away a small percentage of their huge salaries, with the money being chanelled to where it's needed the most, after all we're all supposed to be in this together !

Gyp Rosetti and cidermaster like this.