1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] ZOMBIA MAFIA

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Keano88, Mar 21, 2020.

Discuss ZOMBIA MAFIA in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If someone is recruited to Cult, they don't retain their role.

'The recruitment is done by a Cult Leader who is typically the only member of the Cult at the beginning of the game. At Night, it can recruit players into the Cult; these players henceforth lose their previous role identities and become Cultists.'

2. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sorry for that * up of a post, multi quoting isn't for numpties like me.

Keano88 likes this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Who did you jail every night then? Does anybody else claim jailer no?

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What do you think of my post here? Sean has cleared up he wouldn't maintain his role as jailer if turned cultist.. so why has there been a lack of kills from mafia/sk? .. unless Sean is town jailer?

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Che wouldn't have 'read scummy' to you. That's the issue I have with you. You should have been singing from the roof tops to lynch Che because you would have been 100% sure he was lying. he wouldn't 'read scummy' he would be absolutely 100% nailed on scum.. yet you didn't say a thing and voted to lynch Aidan instead.[/QUOTE]

I already gave you an explanation to this earlier in the thread which you acknowledged. There are other roles that could've gave false readings eg. A bus driver.

No-one is ever 100% nailed on anything in this game, particularly not with Cult recruiters and Mafia infectors.

But I don't think it's coincidence that there was only 1 death in N3 and N5 when I jailed him.

Especially when he fished for info on a role locker/jailer on D4 with this comment...

If y'all want to lynch me and let others coast through the game with little interaction then fine but it will be to Town's detriment

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Read back the thread, I've posted it twice now.

My response to your why did Che read scummy is above as well, something went wrong when quoting.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I already gave you an explanation to this earlier in the thread which you acknowledged. There are other roles that could've gave false readings eg. A bus driver.

No-one is ever 100% nailed on anything in this game, particularly not with Cult recruiters and Mafia infectors.

But I don't think it's coincidence that there was only 1 death in N3 and N5 when I jailed him.

Especially when he fished for info on a role locker/jailer on D4 with this comment...

If y'all want to lynch me and let others coast through the game with little interaction then fine but it will be to Town's detriment[/QUOTE]
    Explain this bus driver role.. sounds like a weak excuse. Che pinned you as cult after pinning JC as cult yet you didnt try and round the troops for a Che lynch.. very strange if you ask me.

The rest of what you say adds up. I do think Che was turned mafia.

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Bagforlife has done nothing in the game to help town and could easily be mafia/cult. I tired to get a lynch on her yesterday but nobody seemed interested. Any reason to believe she is town? I think she should be lynched.

9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I explained already... Sean was town jailer but got turned into cult jailer

Nonsense , v has already flipped as cult roleblocker, and I'm sure it says on that very page it's down to the host whether you keep your powers or not when recruited

10. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    You have to lynch the one person you have info on today, then hope you get info in the night

11. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    fair desperate for an early lynch are ye no.

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Believe Che was the PI but it’s impossible to tell who could of possibly been turned.

The only solid thing to go on is Che’s read on Sean, which is a risk since he’s been modkilled for some reason. Is it more risky to see what he flips (if we do after the next night phase?) or to lynch Sean?

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Basically a Bus Driver/Deflector role could've switched the reading of a Cultist onto me to be read by Che, if he switched myself and them.

Improbable, yes. Impossible, no.

I'm still relatively new to the game but what I have learned is expect the unexpected.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

If it says that its up to the host whether or not roles are maintained when converted to cult then I agree, lynch Sean.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Just lifted that from the wiki page.

I've never played in a cult/alien game so I googled it to see.

16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There's various scenarios to the Cult Leader and what happens if he does.

A Cult Leader is a Cult-aligned player whose Night action is to attempt to recruit other players into the Cult (making them Cultists.)

Cult Leaders are by definition aligned with their own faction.

For more information, please refer to the Cult page.

Variations
    Some moderators will force the Cult Leader to commit suicide if they attempt to recruit scum. This would make them Weak.

Some moderators will allow another Cultist (usually the one that has been in the Cult longest) to replace the Cult Leader if the original one dies. However, this makes it easier for the Cult to continue growing, which is not usually desired.

Some moderators will force all allied Cultists to suicide upon the death of the Cult Leader in order to prevent the remaining Cult from essentially being a Mafia without a kill.

Some moderators will allow any recruited town power roles to retain their original powers despite their alignment change. When this is allowed, the leader is often called an Improved Cult Leader

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Shouldn't be too hard to find the remaining Scum/Cult after this. Just go with the ones with an early push on me.

Lynch me then you *...

[​IMG]

bagforlife and Cena like this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Was V not town roleblocker and recruited cult on night 1 ?

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Not desperate. Just don't see the point in keeping BFL around when she has offered no help to town and is likely to be cult/mafia.

What do you make of this Sean situation?

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'll need to go and read V's death write up to see what Keano put.