1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus - Thread of Shame

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by PaulM1888, Mar 20, 2020.

Discuss Coronavirus - Thread of Shame in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ...from what I understand Balloch was like a bank holiday on Sunday so regrettably I have to agree with you

johnboy19 and seanm like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Kids playing football with teams of about 50 each in the cage down my estate. Surprised it's no been broke up yet tbh

seanm likes this.
  3. TheHappyLoss

Effin crazy if people are still gathering in big numbers. Sadly we all have to suck this lockdown up and adhere to instructions. Utter twats if people don't follow what's been asked

johnboy19 and cidermaster like this.
  4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I take it not one Parent took any action?

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Course not. I can see it from the work window. Should get a getting pool going n live stream it :fear:

seanm and blackfish like this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Yes you should do that big time Cool Bhoy,Shame the Families big time:50:
    The Parents are beyond a disgrace!!

johnboy19 likes this.
  7. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    The whole thing is being treated as a joke. I drive a couple of days a week for a supermarket chain. The amount of wagons I see on the road carrying loads I don't see as essential. Timber / trees, bricks and paving stones, steel tubes and numerous empty flat beds.

People walking about all over the place not giving a *. Today I have seen a funeral cortege, 1 hearse and 7 cars full of people. I thought there was a restriction on this stuff.

Meanwhile my Mrs has lost her wee job of 21 years as a result of this virus finishing off her employer.

And I'm walking about like Freddie Boswell cause I cannae get a haircut .......nuts the lot if it.

8. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly think it will make a difference when we come out the other end. Unfortunately it will probably again be those at the bottom of the pile that will lose their jobs & money rather than the fat cats at the top.

richardm likes this.
  9. Onefootwonder

I look forward to seeing it then. People aren't going to give up drinking. The staff will be required elsewhere to take up the drinkers they might win from Spoons.

Depending on how many pubs make it through this might do the opposite and leave Spoons busier than before.

10. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wetherspoons will at worse only have a temporary blip out of this disgraceful episode, sadly their cheap beer and food they sell will trump “principles” once the masses start slowly returning to something like normal, it will be the same types that populated tourist sites in huge number all over the UK last Sunday that will put themselves before any greater good.

Sport Directs future trading I wouldn’t even like to comment on, with the sheer history of cuntish practice from Ashley this latest episode tells us nothing new and if it’s clientele were still happy giving them there money one week ago I doubt this development will change their habit...let’s hope I’m wrong

11. DonnyCelt

The looks I was getting this morning while setting off to work in construction. Two people shaking their heads at me and one person shouted from a window I'm putting people's lives at risk.

I shouted back are the government not putting my life at risk because I have no choice but to go to work, to support my family as I don't have a safety net from the government to use (understand something may becoming into place as of tomorrow at some point).

Honestly being made to feel like I'm in the same bracket as * throwing BBQs with 20+ round. * *

johnboy19 likes this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

johnboy19 likes this.
  13. Aidan O’Shea

Genuinely wouldn’t have expected it from him, either. Seems a good *.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've never liked ramsay, a guy that's made a fortune from talking to people like they're a piece of *, just comes across as an arrogant *.

15. Cupid Stunt

My work held everyone in work as long as possible and made vulnerable people feel like the black sheep for having the audacity to want to work from home. Rather than putting measures in place for these people, they made them sign forms and essentially beg management for permission to work from home.

If you displayed any symptoms and had to self isolate you were going straight on to statutory sick pay, which basically encouraged people to stay in work even if they were unwell.

The company has been struggling for a while and they've tried to hide it under "management restructuring" etc. but now they've essentially used this period as an easy way to cut costs. They've laid off anybody they can that won't require payment and told us all we have to take a 25% pay cut (which will lead to more people leaving that they don't have to pay off).

I don't think they're the worst * in the world, but their response to this situation has been incredibly disappointing and somewhat eye opening. They genuinely couldn't have cared less if you had asthma, COPD, cared for a vulnerable person etc. You were staying in work unless you begged to work from home irrespective of the governments advice.

charlietully and seanm like this.
  16. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Some of the Londoners should hang their heads in shame but will not. Hanging around in groups in Parks and other Public Places today,not giving a *.

johnboy19 and seanm like this.
  17. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

No gonnae lie, I like watching Kitchen Nightmares and the hotel one but the guy is an utter * :giggle1:

The Prof and seanm like this.
  18. seanm

thats him * but will still make a fortune on tv. * him.all his food is pre packed to his restaurants.*.HH

19. seanm

as long as they stay in london dont give a * except for decent london folks and my relatives.oh the good old days in n ireland when water cannons plastic bullets and live fire were used to disperse law abiding citizens. * need that done to them asap. HH

20. seanm

hes a * hun.says it all.HH