1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

If football starts back in September there wouldn’t be time for qualifiers so could go solely on coefficient for the remaining 6 slots.

If all is well by then of course.

2. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!

3. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The fact that the snouts want the league voided and not suspended says it all.

Eat * *

TimFloyd and Celtic Frost like this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Should just do that. * it.

Invite every team and every single games a knock out. No seadings.

5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    78.5% of league games have been played, there was very little chance if any the league would have been voided. I'm kind of curious to seeing if that lot challenge an award to us publicly or not, wouldn't be very dignified if they did.

I like this idea of a 14 team league, could perhaps offer a little security to mid placed teams and they could further focus on youth production.
    Would also like to see our colt team involved in any reconstruction but I reckon the status quo will be kept but hopefully the spfl would at least have a look at it.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Gonna be * trying to celebrate 9 in a row when the pubs are all locked down :56: party down the local shop!

7. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Think the only course of action is no relegation 2 up from each division one from Highland and one from lowland league then advise everyone following seasons is 3 down 1 up and then normal service resumes in 2022

john2061 likes this.
  8. john2061

This meeting tomorrow with UEFA think it will just getting a reaction from all the countries as to what to do .
    Don't think anything will be decided tomorrow and maybe come back in three weeks time and see how things are .
    Don't think the league's will be voided as we are 75 per cent through them and too many issues if they did like supporters wanting money back and sky and bt sports wanting their money back as well .

9. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Rumours 1 spfl top club doesn't have insurance

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is the same club where

the CEO is refusing to reveal their identity
    The ceo is demanding league null & void
    The ceo is demanding prize money is paid for current standings

what ceo could that be I wonder......

MickeyyMack likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A null and void would be as if the season didn’t happen so how the * can you pay “prize and final position money” for a league that didn’t take place:39::39::39:

how can you charge ticket money for matches that where essentially meaningless?

Celtic, rainjurz and hearts would need to pay back £22.7m, £18.6m and £8.2m in season ticket money alone not to mention all the match day ticket sales!

sponsors would walk away from clubs, legal ramifications would be catastrophic for some clubs more than a few month close down.

Scottish media and huns are desperate for this to happen if they where 13 points clear no chance would the media be going on and on about this.

some huns are raging telling rainjurz “get lawyered up”

ffs the lawyers are at the club more than King ffs!

“wan tithing about king he loves a court case” was one bears cry on swallow * pit

the reply was priceless and the gentlemen was called all sorts but he said

“has king ever actually won us a court case? Knowing our lawyers we will end up relegated”:56:

shaunbhoy67 and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I don't think that we should feel guilty in the slightest if this is handed to us. We actually earned this. As many have said Rangers were guilty of actual cheating for years and robbed Celtic and other clubs of much needed income via their cheating as well as the British tax payers. They even got a place in Europe that they were not entitled too and it didn't even end there. When they went down they denied the Spartans (or whatever they were called) their rightful step up. Their sense of self entitlement is legendary and a great source of amusement over the years.

13. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If they want to declare Null & Void then season books must also me null and void. No need to give refunds, just give every season ticket holder next years games for free

Don't see any club wanting that scenario.

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  15. Martybhoy53

No way should we feel guilty if nine in a row is awarded. Never forget RES 12 when those dirty corrupt vermin * robbed us of a champions league place and millions in revenue. I hope they disappear from Scottish football. I also hope tbat SKY get to * as well.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    You can only really feel guilty for something within your control and this simply isn’t.

The preference for every Celtic fan I know is to finish of the remaining games and win the league. Putting aside my own opinion, it’s looking increasingly likely that this simply won’t be possible.

The ‘null and void’ option seems not even to be legally feasible and opens up more questions than it answers.

The reality is, this hits us harder than most. The reality is the huns season finished on Thursday with a defeat to Leverkusen. We still had the glamorous end of the season to enjoy, including completing a fourth consecutive treble.

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Scottish cup will be concluded st the start of next season

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, we've been robbed of 2 potential trophy winning days, a quadruple Treble celebration that will likely never be repeated in World Football and 2 opportunities to get it right up them.

I strongly fancied us to do them yesterday given their injury list and the fact they were playing on Sunday, their season was effectively due to end this week.

I will not feel a shred of guilt if we are announced League Champions, even the most deluded huns had accepted that we had won the League, it wasn't even close.

I'd like to think the Scottish Cup games could be put on hold to be played in a few games/over the summer if need be.

19. Heb Celt

Get a couple of Buckie taps fitted and party at your gaff:56:

20. JamesM09

If Celtic are handed the league then Celtic still suffer.

We were going to have a party the rest of this season, we were winning it at a canter.

If any team has a problem with us getting the title it suits me, just delay next season and let’s finish it.

Huns would hate that. They should be glad their misery is brought to an end.

An Madadh Rua and Mince.Charming like this.