1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I dont think they'll have any option but to declare us champions. I mean it's not even close ffs

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wondering, hypothetically, say the huns are the only side holding up calling the league as it stands, what if every team claims to forfeit their away games against each other, resulting in everyone getting 3-0 home wins - BUT no one forfeits a hun game - force the * to be the only ones holding up the league and force them to either concede, or to find a time to play the games. To which point we can all start the new season as fresh and leave the huns stuck in 2019-20 season until we all decide when we want to play their games and able to fit them in.

Imagine leaving the * in the same season for 5 years as we let them play the odd match every so often in a preseason between seasons. * unable to play in future seasons and * all chances of europe and money etc

Absolute pie in the sky made up *, ken it can't happen that way, but would be nice. Would show them up to the world how spiteful and selfish they are, while * them for good.

3. saltire78

Matches every 3 days until they're all done. Not like the players aren't gonna get another mid season break... it's only a maximum of 10 games remaining. Just wait a month and then play them out

joemc likes this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Anybody interested Celtic TV is running freeview on old hun skelping games.

Rendog, eire4, TheHappyLoss and 2 others like this.
  5. saltire78

The huns want it over too... sooner it is, sooner they can reload season tickets and get league money. They just don't want to concede 9iar and want to taint it as much as possible. It'd be over in about 3 games, just play them and when it's confirmed, shut it down

Peej likes this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fair * to them for doing that :50:

packybhoy likes this.
  7. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    But but Timmy ......that doesn't suit the trogdelytes. ....they are the people. ....they want the Queen to interfere on their behalf and award the league to them.
    The Queen will agree if they pay their back taxes

Lennon1888 and auldbertie like this.
  8. strike twice

I think that this season should be completed when possible . Even if that means a shorter season for 2020/21 . The split has always thrown up the strange and unfair situation of some teams having to visit some venues 3 times in a league campaign . The Euros can move to next summer , and we can try out summer football properly for the first time . Another thing that we must be aware of is the financial hardship caused by a shutdown . Smaller clubs , that are run on a shoestring , could easily go bust . I hope things improve sooner rather than later , but I can see very testing times ahead if the shutdown lasts until the autumn . Professional football might never be the same again . And that could be the case in the UK or Europe or even globally .

9. Lennon2011

Players are going to contract the virus then whole teams will be quarantined up here. I doubt very much this season will resume.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Said it earlier but if the games don't go ahead, and i don't think they will, the best option they can do is to remove relegation this year and have a slightly larger league next year with an extra spot to go down.

11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Makes sense :50:.....so it probably wont happen.

littlekennie likes this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

Is a decision in this likely this week?

I’d prefer to see the season out but can’t see it now... players and their union will want a say...

I think there’s some tricky stuff ahead... if the rules were to be followed.. (not that the spfl and SFA do) then we should be champions.

I’d expect legal action from ‘fc litigation’ and numerous staunch statements...

Most of the other clubs will be ok as long as prizes money and european slots (if even relevant) are sorted out.

It’s the relegation and promotion that might be the toughy... I’ve e wanted an 18 or 20 team premiership for years - an end to the 4 game (derby) cycle and no more split....

... but I don’t want it just because suddenly it suits the SFA and spfl agendas. If top places stand as they are then so should bottom places.

Personaly I’d rather see clubs like Rangers and Hearts gone from the top flight instead of inviting other similarly named ones (Brora and Kielty) into the setup.

If clubs go bust over this then while I’d have some sympathy... I don’t think the other clubs or the public purse has any Duty to protect them. There will be plenty financial Casualties in the next few months from big business down to the individual. Is everybody going to be bailed out?

Maybe smaller clubs should be talking to each other - and instead of demanding league restructuring and other measures in their own interest - they should be discussing mergers in order to help themselves...

In the longer term we may actually end up with a stronger more viable league system that will have learned lessons and be more resilient the next time there’s a shutdown due to external circumstances.

13. ddub11

Any one know why we cant play behind closed doors?

King of Kings likes this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm guessing they don't want to run a risk of players infection each other.

15. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    Thank * somebody else has said a twenty team league . That's what it should be . Play each other twice . 38 games no split * sky and their 4 Glasgow derbies . Pay double you * . I put forward falkirk 3500 average home crowd , which is better than a lot of premier league teams

16. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We've had an 18 team league and it was utter horseshit. Utterly irrelevant games and mid table dross. The split isn't ideal but it at least leaves something to play for in most games all the way to the end.

17. StevieBhoooy!

I think the mid-table would be a weak area.. but even those so-called euro elite leagues have that problem.... As long as Celtic were playing (and winning) I don’t think our fixtures would be ‘irrelevant’.. It’s up to the other teams to make mid-table battles worthwhile.

I hate playing the same teams 4 times (5 or 6 with cups) it’s monotonous. Players must hate it too.

If we had Dundee , Dundee Utd, Ayr, Morton, Inverness for example (17 teams) . We’d immediately have Derby’s in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ayrshire, highlands, Dundee, Renfrewshire - we could possibly only have Glasgow next season as things stand .... a few others for geographical variety and I think we could have something that would at least match the current setup for interest value and at least be a freshening up. It might just be the shake-up that revives the whole league system after this ‘uncertainty’.

18. ddub11

Maybe your rite,interesting to see if clubs have players in for training,from what i can gather we are supposed to be back in training this week.

If thats true then i guess there at least 20plus players plus staff in and if thats happening then it cant be any more harm than playing a game behind closed doors.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  19. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    Man, this shut down brings out all the huns wanting to the league declared void. Sure they be saying that if they where top with 13 points. Idiots.

20. leeso-ardoyne

Insurance companies wouldn't agree with it I'd say.