1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you want your money back

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheHappyLoss, Mar 15, 2020.

Discuss Would you want your money back in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    ?
    You call be people "so called fans" if they want their money back? * *.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Pablo87 likes this.
  2. celtic warrior

Not that have a season book to ask for a refund.

But rather than a refund, maybe something could be arranged that the average gen retail ticket price for each game left unplayed is taken off the cost when it comes to renewal?

I mean, the average cost wouldn't be as low as £40, but lets say it is, that's still a deceny £320 off when it comes to renewal.

3. Maestro 08

100%

4. celtic warrior

Nonsense, the board take fans for granted and treat the running of our club as purely a profit margins game and refuse to invest sufficiently to maintain a clear and unassailable lead domestically.

They are also a workplace where fans had to fight tooth and nail to get staff paid living wage when bankier said it wasn't in the interest to sign up to such a scheme.

If * who work their fingers to bone, all so they have that one special luxury in their life which is a season book to attend games then get shafted out of games to a bare bones minimum of £320 in total, they've every * * * right to ask for that back, whether it's in the form of refund or discounted off the next renewal.

Doesn't make them any less of fan.

5. Maestro 08

Wow.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If they void the league I would most certainly be demanding my money back and I would urge everyone who has bought a ST to do the same thing. By making it clear now that this is what the supporters will do this will let the Club know they can't simply accept/go along with a voided league (no matter how unlikely voiding will be). The Club will then be in a position to go after the governing body for the loss/costs involved. These costs are more than just the ST as well - I would also want to see the Club looking for the costs of the staff/players also.
    By making it clear that this would be the outcome of a voided league this will remove the remote possibility that they will try it.
    For next season I'm sure we will offer a discount, to existing ST holders, who have missed out on games.

7. StevieBhoooy!

If I had an ST this season I wouldn’t demand but would wait and see what panned our...

Assuming we were winners rather than the league N&V ...It would be a nice gesture if the club gave a discount on renewal or included ALL home European qualifiers and even a group game or three.

There are times when a wealthy ‘club like no other’ should appreciate loyalty and ‘give back’ a little.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  8. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    exactly this

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Not as such but they can say no more football until they say so. It would then be up to the football authorities to decide what happens regards how the winners/relegation works

Solidsnake likes this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Normally I wouldn't be a fan of taking money out of the club, as it obviously weakens us financially and by extension on the park because of that.

However the club are happy to treat us as customers when it suits, so as a customer you are entitled to a refund if a product or service hasn't been provided.

I hadn't really thought about refunds to be honest but I had thought about next season's, season ticket deadline. If there's still no football been played and no further guidance then there's no way people will be shelling out £600+ by the 1st May, especially for anyone Self Employed or on 0 hours contracts who have their income affected.

Finally that big stack of cash at the bank might come into good use...

11. themouth1888

If the season ends behind closed doors I would expect free access to Celtic TV as a season ticket holder.

If it finished early all together I would look for some sort of discount on next years price. Yes Celtic are not a charity but also they are not struggling financially and alot of the fans really have to dig deep to pay for ST, European games, cup games etc...

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I wonder if the Chinese guy that scranned that Bat/Pangolin from the wet market in Wuhan stopped to think about Lawwell's 2020 bonus. Selfish basturt.

13. leeso-ardoyne

Agree with this. I wouldn't be one for taking money from the club but in this case, they should at least reduce the cost of next seasons books. They should also extended the deadline untill we all know where we're at but knowing Celtic, will they *!

neilly1987, Seán Mac D and Pablo87 like this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

There you go half cocked again, slating won hung lo.

The Chinese guy ( mr Lo) knew the bonus wasn’t dependent on actually playing & winning football matches, so he figured he’d take a bite.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Great points tbf. Fan position/opinion was one of the main reasons so many clubs voted against Newco Rangers being granted immediate access to the SPL.

16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why would i want my money back from the club when it's the SFA/SPFL that are cutting the season short. The money should be paid back by them not the club.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No, you're a customer of the club first and foremost so the financial responsibility doesn't transfer to the league or FA.

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Would they not just implement cheaper costs for season 2020/21
    Therefore you are saving still.

or is this season looking likely now to be voided not been following really since Friday.

19. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes I would. It would be different if it was only 1 match but 4 matches in my area is £120ish. If this was taken off next season's price as already suggested then that's fine but whilst it's admirable for people to want the club to keep it, the reality for many is that they can't afford to do this.

Pablo87 likes this.
  20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Will wait and see what happens man. Probably wouldn't cause an uproar and/or want cash outright, but a reduction or price freeze on renewal or extra rounds of qualifiers included next year would be pretty fair I feel.