1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. scootz

It's not a pleasant thought, but if we are to think along completely dispassionate lines, then it becomes absolutely clear that a wide-scale reduction of the weak and the elderly would eventually result in MASSIVE long-term economic benefits.

If this pans out the way we most fear it will, then expect the conspiracy theories to come think and fast...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. ddub11

To me the UKs response to this is strangely slow.

While the majority of european countries seem to be taken measures to control it the the UK seems to be slow to act.

Cant understand how people were allowed to go racing today,i live in Ireland and the government has taken steps to try slow it down ,shools closed,no sports on (bar racing which has no racegoers),no gathering of crowds and some pubs closing at their own free will.

Not sure how effective these measures will be but i guess their trying ,while at the same time it seems the UK is waiting to act for some reason.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. jay62

with all do respect mate , i disagree . these players have busted their onions, sacrificed their bodies , put it all on the line every single game, not to mention under such extreme pressure that i cant even imagine. They've played like champions all year , just as they have for the past eight , all this, while everytime they walk on the pitch , every * team wants their scalp. No sir , they are very deserving champions , imvho

trackebhoy likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The most simple thing is the percentage death rate. It’s higher than flu. That’s all that matters.

5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I know.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Got some nice coconut fragrance ones from Aldi mate.

Told the wife I wasnt sure if I would like them....but she said I was bounty. :50:

packybhoy likes this.
  7. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The herding philosophy seems to be fine for public school kids but interestingly Eton has closed.

Seems like working class types are expendable.

To be fair * the government advice, I'll be deciding where and when my kids stop going to school, and for how long they stay off.

8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Its comparing apples and oranges I believe mate, flu is probably more deadlier to the masses, Covid is probably more deadlier to the old and vulnerable (unless it mutates again).....for that reason we all need to do the right thing.

jocksteinupper and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  9. scootz

There are players on other teams who 'have busted their onions, sacrificed their bodies, put it all on the line every single game... and under such extreme pressures that I cant even imagine'. Why should they not get promoted or get demoted when it was still mathematically possibly for them to get promoted or survive relegation.

It's easy to view this through green-tinted glasses. Celtic may be everything to us, but it isn't everything to the rest of Scottish fitba. We'll easily survive an early award of the Championship, or a cancellation of competition - others may not.

What we're discussing is essentially a microcosm of the larger picture we're witnessing in society right now - human desire to protect what's in their interests... and often with absolutely no regard to how it might effect others. Very very dangerous path!

Like you - this is all IMVHO (and subject to change depending on which way the wind blows), but I do hope that whatever is decided is decided after VERY careful consideration with regard to the overall health of the game.

10. Keano88

Keep Hearts in the league, promote Dundee United and hold a play off between 2/3/4/5 to confirm the 14th side in the Premiership next season.

scootz and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

How else would they be able to go to the Cheltenham Festival ? :77:

Garrymac1888 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    All of this is exactly why the season needs to be played out, even if it takes until August and next season is delayed so be it. But we can’t just null and void what people have played for over the MAJORITY of this season. All this is coming from moon howling huns.

scootz likes this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    That’s fine if the alternative is for the season to continue. If the season is to effectively end here and now, then I think maintaining league positions as is is probably the least bad option. Either way will result in a number of grievances, but calling everything ‘null and void’ seems to leave a lot of unanswered questions going into the following season.

scootz and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly! Who is in Europe and who isn’t? I’ve said before this is bigger than Celtic just going for 9 in a row ffs. But when you see the desperation it’s evident how much distress that is causing in oor wee country. :84:

King of Kings likes this.
  15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Starting to calm down and even out now in China- that’s after about 2 months- Italy and china’s mortality rate is a lot due to families from 3 generations living together is not uncommon in those countries as the young tend to look after their parents and grandparents in the same home which obviously isn’t as good for self isolating

so think definitely be getting some normality back after 2 months if that’s anything to go by

no an expert though

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If they null and void we should riot and Celtic should walk away from shambles of a * league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Fs gyp 10 in a row then we go , a all kidding aside don’t really get the 9 in a row hysteria as we have already did that and so have the scum ,10s the holy grail

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    :56:

19. freitassen

It is not the whole globe. There have been 7 deaths in the entire southern hemisphere. Almost all cases and deaths in China are in the same province (of course, a Chinese province is the size of a country). Even in Europe so far things are concentrated in Spain, Italy and France, albeit this of course could change.

There is a good chance that once warmer weather kicks in things improve, but we dont know the behaviour of the virus yet. Albeit, if this happens, then South America/Australia etc will be * by then.

20. Jeffrey

Null and void after three quarters of the season isnt an option.

My personal view is that this virus wont be away by August and with no time to start a new season, the 2019/20 season will be finished and lead into the euros summer 2021.