1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Does death scare you?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Paul67, Jun 2, 2019.

Discuss Does death scare you? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    No. More scared of my family on their own really. Will breath a sigh of relief when my youngest is independent from us!!

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Jeannie...I used to be dubious about Euthanasia.

After events in my life almost 6 months ago , I would agree with you and suggest people should have a choice.

Although to be fair - my wife would never have took the Euphanasia route as she fought to the bitter end until there was nothing left.

There are people out there who have no fight left in them ( that's not a dig at anyone ) and the last breath of air is dragged out of them for weeks , months on end.

You would not watch a dog go through the helpless pain some humans go through.

bagforlife and buchanbhoy like this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yes I understand your thinking. It depends on your age and the stage that your life is at. Your wife bless her fought for you and your child. As a wife and a mother she couldn't give you both less than her all. My mum lived a long life and Alzheimers claimed her in the end. It was just as tragic as I wasn't sure what she knew in the last moments. In the end, with the benefit of "comfort meds" I insisted that they used, she went in her sleep with me by her side and holding her hand.

4. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I count myself lucky that I was there to say goodbye , if you know what I mean...and you were too by your mams side.

Anywhoos .... yeah , scared of death at the minute.

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No, I thought I was dying once and just thought so this is it, never really bothered about it since. I fear getting old more being like 70 or 80 weak, not doing anything everybody you know dead.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just thought so this is it :56:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  7. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Fear of death is just human construct, No other living organism fears death, they all make the most of life. Of course we have a greater understanding of existence than anything else (at least we assume we do) unfortunately humanity has created a theory that we are unique above all else. Reality is, we are a chance collection of atoms, in a brief moment of time and space. The sum of all parts which we recognise as our body, our home, our county, world etc etc always has been and for the most part always will be a constant. Nothing really dies, energy is just transferred from one form to the next. I’m happy to be part of all that lucky coincidence. Eternally grateful for the chance to live this moment, delighted for the people that come after me and indebted to those I’ve met along the way.

ChrisMoh, JML67, Saul Goodman and 6 others like this.
  8. Moustache

I honestly struggle with the idea of death.

When it comes up in general conversation, I usually just say that it's an inevitable part of life and something we need to make peace with. On the other hand, I've lost count of the number of times I've been lying in bed, just thinking about random things as I drift to sleep, when I suddenly start thinking about dying and end up basically having a panic attack.

I suffer from anxiety and depression, which in turn has led to some flirtations with suicide. Even at my lowest moments, as much I've wanted to die, when I'm actually confronted with what death actually is (and I appreciate that depending on your beliefs that'll vary from person to person) it terrifies me. It's this idea of it being the end, of the potential nothingness awaiting me, of leaving people behind, of all the things I'll never get to see or experience and of life simply carrying on.

Not too far from where I live, there's a plaque for a time capsule that's to be opened in the 2110's and until relatively recently I had never really given it much thought. But when you stop and process the fact that your reading a date that you, and pretty much everyone you know, will be dead by, it can be a strange thing to come to terms with.

Even the actual process of dying worries me. The thought of slowly realising your times up seems terrifying. At the same time, I'd be annoyed of passing away in my sleep unexpectedly and not having the chance to settle my affairs (although my annoyance is probably pretty meaningless at that point).

I suppose it's natural to be scared of death and we just have to try and live a life worth living.

9. seanm

Nope but it * scares sevco mark 2 lol.HH

Dalbeth3 and Jeannie960 like this.
  10. wulliebad

Not when i was 21 i never even gave it a thought,but now i am older i would not use the word scared,but it does pop into my head from time to time,more in the form of.....oh crap i might only have 30 years left.:43:

11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Honestly, no.

12. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Nah, but when I think about it and how I could die at any moment it does almost give me a sense of urgency to stop wasting my life in some aspects. If anything the constant reminder could be helpful. We only get one shot at this, like every other being.

13. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Does not bother the Huns,they are already dead.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm scared of: 1, the pain of watching loved ones die and 2, the pain left behind for loved ones if I were to die. Not particularly scared of death itself.

15. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I fear running out of Booze more in the current climate.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Not as long as i've got 3 ply quilted bog roll ..............................get in ! :36: :party048:

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  17. Mince.Charming

If we are all honest Life is more scary than death.

cidermaster likes this.
  18. Mince.Charming

Probably should have said scarier eh ?
    More scary.....

19. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Death itself doesnt bother me as its going to happen, anyway.
    It's thinking about HOW it's going to happen that worries me.

20. Aidan O’Shea

You’re a fool.