1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    This season I think should be finished also, although I like the change to the 14 team League meaning equal fixtures at least for the split teams. Current set up is garbage, probably the only League in Europe where teams don't play equal fixtures.

Ideal scenario would be changing to the 14 team League and finishing this season behind closed doors.

Declare "May Madness" wth Football on TV every day, imagine us, the EPL and English Championship rotating fixtures per day all live on TV playing every 3 days

Friday - SPL 3 games at 6pm, 3 at 8pm
    Saturday - 2 EPL games at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm
    Sunday - Championship games at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm

All televised.

Midweek games split 50/50 at 6pm and 8pm

Football live on TV every day for 5 weeks solid :35: albeit * behind closed door games with no atmosphere :56: give us something to do and watch while we are all locked in doors eating bread and water.

packybhoy and Keano88 like this.
  2. john2061

The powers at the sfa must be rubbing their hands in glee and they will * us and cancel the season to deny us 9 in a row .
    If the euros are cancelled then just shut down till end of April and start games behind closed doors if need be as their is only 9 games left .
    But certain people will make sure this doesn't happen and will * us for a historic season .

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'll be asking that actually got BT, Sky sports and premier with no game's on for the foreseeable..

This is what I think will happen anyway and it's pretty easy done once they work the fixtures and dates out and this starts dying down a bit then have it ready in place to go..

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Null and voiding the season isn’t a serious option, prize money is based on table position. It would also mean the likes of Dundee Utd not coming up and that would end up in court sharpish.

Everyone is using the same historical data from pandemic outbreaks, some are just choosing to ignore certain nuances or interpreting it in a different way.

Other countries may feel that the collateral issue of the seriousness of the situation being brought into focus by banning mass gatherings is one worth taking. Whilst the UK advisors obviously feel the fatigue and novelty of self isolation wearing off is a more serious real life issue. The UK also seems to be placing a far higher importance on timing.

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Same I only put Premier Sport with the La Liga TV etc thing on last month lol £9.99 per month and watched about 3 games now it's *

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    They'll have to wipe it or hand out deals to keep people for now and when the game's are back on... or they'll lose a massive amount of customer's..

7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I wasn’t convinced by the government advice on mass gatherings yesterday but it was still clear government advice.
    It has been blatantly ignored everywhere today!

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Surely, worst case as regards to the leagues is that they call the winner as it stands?

Isn't it right that if a game gets beyond a given time scale and needs to be called off, the refs can call a winner (say 70minutes and bad weather, team is 2-0 up and can be called a winner?).

If that's the case, then surely the logical thing is to apply that to the league, since we are more than 3/4 the way through the league now, just call the winner?

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

9. Lennon2011

Play the final 3 games till the split and call it a day. Everyone's played each other three times so all is fair in my eyes.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Personally I don't want it to be handed out now..

We'll do it in the fairest way possible and get it over the line in whatever way they work out..

There's no doubt who'll win it. Whether it's closed doors or we start up again..

* we could even afford to hand out 6 points to the mutants for free just to get the season over and done with quicker..

Peej and Garrymac1888 like this.
  11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Think you’re right but we’re a month odd behind Italy and they’re just hitting their peak now, arguably stuff will be cancelled til May at least.

Every way you look at it, situation is *. Big clubs like Celtic and Liverpool will be raging and probably suing if leagues they’ve basically won are taken off them. Small clubs will be ruined without cup money and especially in Scotland the 8 league games a year vs us and them. Even 3 months with no games could bankrupt many teams.

12. Lennon1888

Our peak is in 10-14 weeks from yesterday by what that health minister said.

13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

And all this after some clatty * thought eating bats was a good idea.

An animal that hosts rabies and all other kinds of *......hmmm delicious!

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. Jayhawk

Hoo Lee * batman!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

seamus1967 likes this.
  15. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    i don't get why they never fulfilled the fixtures this weekend and then in with the scottish governments guidelines stopped the following week.
    i get the need to free up medical staff and police that is being used at the games but this is still early in the life of the virus contagion and we're still a good few weeks away when the virus will peak and at that point the NHS will be stretched.

16. CountyDownFaithful

Absolute madness this whole situation.

Glad the games are called off because health comes first and the lack of action from the government was appalling.

Country needs put in lockdown. The sooner this is done, they can manage the virus better.

Should extend the season and play the rest of the games when it’s safe to do so.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I know it seems cruel, but this might force Scottish football into streamlining the club set up. No chance in a country of 5 million people should we have all these clubs, yes it may be harsh on the hardcore fans but it is unsustainable imo.

Los Palmas 7 likes this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If it has 4 legs and isn’t a table they will eat it. :fear:

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The one wee ray of sunshine that’s keeping me going is Liverpool’s situation. :grntongue

20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Just Eat now doing contactless Deliveries.