1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I don't disagree that there are some definite faults in his game, and it can be frustrating when he makes mistakes, but you have to remember that this is a 21 year-old who only started playing as a defender in the last few years. This season is probably the first time he's really had a settled partner and played the majority of the games.

He's not perfect, and I'm not even a huge fan, but I still think he takes too much flak.

2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just reckon there is dignified way to leave a club that has been good to a guy.

3. RiquelmeCSC

It’s funny this has all came about since Lenny publicly embarrassed him (rightly so) when he was on his * in injury time telling him to get up.
    Quite obviously spat the dummy.

4. Momo Sylla

He's been hopeless since the start of the season so nothing to do with being overplayed. Something's changed, probably mentally.

5. joemc

100% has a proposed deal in front of him from agent , and possibly we cant match it , so start the bad attitude from agent, disruption tactics .

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For me he ended last season a bit ropey and it continued in to this season, he needed rested/dropped for form. Overplayed as in he can't play a full season, through bad spells - not that he isn't fit enough for it.

If he really had his head turned, he would have pushed for it in January or we would have at least found another CB in January - criminal we didn't even if Ajer claimed to want to be here for life, but more criminal if it's the theory that it is known that he wants out.

7. Momo Sylla

Tends to happen once the league's wrapped up as players lose focus. He has needed dropped but there's been nobody available to do so. On the rest part I don't agree there as most games domestically he has very little to do.

Not bringing in another was disgraceful but he gives me the impression he thinks he's better than he is. Probably because of his agent but he's still 2 or 3 years away from being ready for a higher level as he makes too many mistakes. Wish we brought big Johan back for the defence.

8. Keano88

No he won’t.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Never rated him anyway the big lanky * ! :67:

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon has slapped down suggestions Kristoffer Ajer is heading for a summer exit from Celtic.

The Parkhead boss slammed the Norwegian star’s agent Tore Pedersen after he claimed the 21-year-old defender would be making a big-money move at the end of the season.

But Lennon insisted the Premiership champions will decide when they will cash in on the highly-rated centre-back.

Ajer has two years remaining on his contract and Lennon said: “I’ve heard about the comments and I’m aware of it.

"At the end of the day the club will decide when players go, not agents or players themselves

Kris has never made any indication he wants to leave. He’s happy here, he has been playing very well, he has been very consistent.

“I think the agent has shot himself in the foot there. We have Kris tied down to a long-term contract so we’ll decide and not anyone else.

There hasn’t been any interest in him that I’m aware of, certainly no one has called me about him.”

Ajer has been attracting interest from England and Germany after emerging as a key man at Celtic in recent seasons.

And agent Pedersen this week said: “He will not extend his contract with Celtic and will leave this summer.

“There are several clubs who are interested.”

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So even after Lenny tells the media that there isn't any interest or calls about him, they still follow it up with attracting interest from England and Germany..

Lol..

Nice comments about his agent shooting his self in the foot. Exactly what he's done as if he's no clocked he's still under contract for another 2 year..

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Supposedly Celtic have put a €40m (£36m) price tag on him.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://tbrfootball.com/report-celtic-could-make-36m-profit-on-player-amid-overseas-interest/

Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer has emerged as a target for AC Milan in wake of the Hoops man’s agent saying his client will leave Parkhead this summer.

Despite the 21-year-old having two years remaining on his Celtic contract, his representative Tore Pedersen made the bold claim earlier this week.

“He will not extend his contract with Celtic and will leave this summer,” Pedersen is quoted by the Daily Record as saying.

According to Calciomercato, Milan could be looking for a replacement for Mateo Musacchio, who has recently lost his place in the Rossoneri’s starting XI thanks to Simon Kjaer’s form.

Ajer, who signed for Celtic in 2016 on a free transfer (Sky Sports), is believed to be high on Milan’s wishlist in case Musacchio goes.​

The report also claims that Hoops have placed a price tag of €40million (around £36million) on Ajer.

Ajer’s agent making such a bold claim about his client hasn’t gone down well with many in the Celtic camp – Neil Lennon himself told the Daily Record that Pedersen might have “shot himself in the foot”.

However, such a claim will undoubtedly pique the interest of clubs across the continent and Milan, being a traditionally big side that has experienced a few lean years to say the least, could do with bolstering their ranks, so it’s little surprise that they’re being linked.

Celtic stand to make a sizeable profit on Ajer no matter what, having snapped him up on a free four years ago, and having won numerous trophies with the Hoops, Ajer might feel like he wants a new challenge – we will see what happens in the summer.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

€40million is pie in the sky stuff. Given his potential and the current inflated market, I dont think €20million is unrealistic

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    If he wants to go then let’s flog him for the top price we can get him .
    Nobody is indispensable and he will be replaced quickly.

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Jaysus imagine if we got 40 mill for him, I'd drive him to Milan. If 40 mill is what we apparently value ajer at what do we value edoaurd at ...

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

neilly1987 and Dan Breen like this.
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That’s a made up pish figure from thin air. He isn’t worth that.

He is worth around the 15 million figure though.

18. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah, push for 20 though. The clubs who'll want him can afford it.

Replace with a quality 5-7 million pound signing like Jullien and I wouldn't be too fussed

neilly1987 and PaulM1888 like this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    AC Milan are not spending €40 million on Ajer ffs. :56:

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good comments from Lennon, to me it indicates we want to keep him, which is good. I've been quite critical of him this season but I still have faith that he'll improve.