1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

Been tbinking of this a can see a few outcomes.

Option A- Continue as normal
    Obviously thats out

Option B- Stop league results as is
    That would suit us but obviously other clubs will * the bed about it i.e Hearts.

Option C- Have a play off. 1 goal for every 3 points your ahead. This is incredibley messy amd dosent accountnfor teams moving up and down more than one postion.

I personally dont think it will come to any off them. We will continue with a pragmatic approch as this situation is new to everyone. That leaves

Option D- Susupend league and restart at a later date.

This is by far the fairest way to handle the situation. However as this is a new virus and we have no way of knowing what will happen in the summer or if Uefa will stop the euros to allow leagues to finish. That leaves

Option E- Scrap league, start new league season with deficit depending on previous league final points.

Celtics Points - Hearts points = what celtic start on

Hearts start a zero and every one fills in according to there deficit to Celtic.

I would imagine games in hand would be played aswell before the season begun proper.

If this virus drags on I honestly think option D and E are the only options availible to the SFA/SPFL and I honstly think they will opt with E with the rational that the football calendars continuity with European football and the transfer window is the priority.

Theres a sinking feeling inside me that 9iar and a quadRebel will be taken from us or at least the last attempt to stop us.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Ok I was wrong, but those graphs are very damming of who this virus is killing in bigger numbers. And as of yet all the people who have died in the UK have had underlying health issues as being reported.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Did I say we shouldn’t?

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I know it’s not our league but with Arteta and Hudson-Odoi now testing positive down south it’s only going to get worse.

It’s the first time I’ve realistically felt the league is going to be chucked.

Have to play it day by day though. It could peak next week, next month, could go longer. We are so far in that chucking the league would be a disaster for everyone. The ripple effect it would cause is disastrous. All the teams not getting promotion, championships, money, European spots.

I think international football needs to be sacrificed and the European calendar pushed back a bit to ensure we get this season finished and the players still get their break.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Everton players have it now!

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    1 confirmed Everton player has symptoms of it atm, rest of first team squad and coaching staff are self isolating.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Allowing 50,000 people on Sunday in Glasgow is carnage now!

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    There are likely 100's of thousands, if it's not already higher probably, of folk in the UK walking about with this already now.

I watched this programme a while ago and it shows how flu/bugs can spread by using smartphones with an app to link each case, once it started to spread it didn't hang about. Not sure how to watch it again think you'd need to log in to the iplayer to watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059y0p1

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's not just a crowd issue now if the players are getting it.. Can see a postponement into the summer

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

One nandos worker gets it and every player in the league will.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

All uefa games postponed for next week

12. StevieBhoooy!

Scientists are tracking this virus more than any ever before.., the use of complex computer modelling and instant data analysis along with pinpoint info about who has it and where they’ve been, who they’ve been in contact with etc is helping produce detailed maps of exactly how it’s spreading...

It is very likely that if there is a serious spike in cases in, around and spreading from Glasgow after this weekend then those scientists and modellers tracing this won’t take long to pinpoint if a certain football ground was a ‘central distribution point’ and responsible for the rise in cases...

Scenario in simple terms - get 50,000 people of a variety of social backgrounds, age ranges, *, from all over Scotland... Remembering a percentage (small or otherwise) WILL have the virus...

Concentrate them together at ‘hip & shoulder’ touching distance from one another for 2 hours plus ....

Then redistribute those 50,000 out into the pubs and public transport of western Scotland...

... then onwards back to their home communities, families, workplaces etc to spread the virus further.

Utter madness... and I’d love somebody official to explain exactly WHY this (as it stands) is going to be allowed to play out.

if it were any other club than Sevco I’d put it down to stubbornness or stupidity..

When it’s them ... there’s always another motive.

Mince.Charming and KRS-1888 like this.
  13. Pearse67*

Not just Scotland, the north of Ireland also.

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Talk of EPL postponed to the 4th of April

15. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah I agree you are far more likely to die if you are old and/or have pre-existing conditions, but it still happens in small numbers.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No I didn't say you said that we shouldn't, but I've seen tons of people say things like the flu kills more or that it only affects old people or those with conditions as if we shouldn't be taking it seriously. I would understand if folk were out in the streets rioting n looting etc. and they were saying things like that to calm everyone down, but all people have done is show concern so far (outside a few nutters), it's not a bad thing. I wish our government would show the same level of concern as alot of their citizens have and take measures to stop the spread.

17. JamesM09

I think Mr. Lennon deserves an apology.

Incredible foresight to see thing coming and let Copenhagen take our place.

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    They have havent they ?

19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I thought we haven't actually done anything yet? Apart from the <500 allowed at gatherings, which isn't in effect till monday.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    major fallouts in work place over covid19 today owners saying its business as normal others refusing to come in and wanting to work from home.

bosses threatening them with the sack absolute carnage!

can see blows in here today! It’s mass panic!