1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Livingston v Celtic: Wednesday 4th March 7.45pm k/o - BT Sport 1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Mar 1, 2020.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic: Wednesday 4th March 7.45pm k/o - BT Sport 1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    A bit of a strange game really for me. I thought we started well and showed some real drive and energy go up 1-0 and then out of nowhere they score off the long throw. To be fair it was not a foul on Forster but as replays showed and not just on that throw but Brown was not throwing the ball with both feet on the ground as you have to on that and almost all his long throws which we should have brought to the refs attention at least at half time. The second half was a real nightmare for Jullien who has to take the blame for their second goal. Don't know what it is about this game but his 2 worst performances for us have both been away to Livingston. Not knocking Jullien he has been really good for the most part since signing last summer but these 2 games at Livingston not so much to put it mildly. The last half hour we really got after them and fully deserved that late equalizer. Not ideal we did not get the win but I will take the point and the 1 point tacked onto our lead. At least 10 points now with 9 to play.

2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cant get my head around all this nonsense about foul throw, foul on keeper, especially on TV, big FF should have sorted it.

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Be a Chris killen signing

packybhoy likes this.
  4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Talks a lot of sense that Bhoy

celticdaft238 and jocksteinupper like this.
  5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The one notable thing i saw was that several players have had poor performances ( by their own standards ) in recent weeks.. Broony, Christie, Forest, Big Julien, Ajer and Taylor.

They are all first picks and maybe feel their place is secure ( maybe not Taylor ). They could be tired from so many games but i suspect that a wee bit of complacency is creeping in as they know they will play next week.

We just dont have enough quality regards players fighting for same positions. Had some * luck with injuries (again) but we need to sort our defence out as that is what is giving teams hope. Livi knew high balls into our box would get them a goal.

Last 10 mins we played well so the energy was there,, mostly because it was sitting on the bench for far too long. Fair result, but we need to up our game all over the pitch

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I hope we do have to go there again. Need to put this * to bed about struggling against them. We were by far the better team and had enough chances to win that game. They won't be as lucky next time.

Leone Naka Fan and Sydneysider like this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty decent performance last night I thought. Obviously could have done much better and defended stronger. But a point is better than nothing at a tough away venue.

Wish folk would stop demanding that we thrash everyone 3 or 4 nil, that just isn’t gonna happen.

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye people throwing their toys out of the pram because we havent gone to Livingston and destroyed them are behaving like spoiled brats. Some people need a reality check, its the nature of football that you cant win every single game.

10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    First 2 lines are surely a bit of a contradiction there mate!! It is tough there however we can't say we didn't know what was coming and both goals were absolute gifts. We should dhave enough about us to take care of this mob. It was only a good point because of what happened elsewhere. You better believe there would be a fair inquest going on in here today if the orcs had won.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    got away with one last night aye , a suppose we can let it slip ( pardon the pun)

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We need to rest Edouard a bit, and Forrest, too. I wanted Bayo to play, last night. The pitch at Livingston simply prohibits our usual gameplan from working.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agree with you that Forster should have held the ball and that there was no foul on him. However the actual throw itself was a foul through no question. You must have both feet on the ground when throwing the ball in and clearly on that throw and most the others I could see Brown had one foot off the ground. I am not looking for excuses it is simply the case that that was without a doubt a foul throw they scored off and it is not a small point. It would be much easier to throw the ball a long distance if only one foot had to be on the ground.

16. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I disagree with Lennon, thought we were pretty pish last night.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah a wee bit I suppose haha. But you know what a mean, we created enough to win the game, threw a lot at them last half an hour but they were tough to break down. Couldn’t really fault the bhoys after we went 2-1 down. Can’t win them all. Another day Eddy could’ve had a hatty.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  18. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    What concerns me is how easily our team can be bullied .
    Give us space and time on the ball and they will hammer you .
    Play a high line and get in our faces and suddenly we look very ordinary.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The biggest problem playing Livingston is the plastic carpet which inhibits the slick, fast passing style of Celtic. The ball seems to hold up a lot on the surface they call a pitch. There should be no room for these excuses of pitches in the Premiership.

.......It’s a bit like telling Torvill & Dean the gritter had to be sent on to the ice before they performed ‘Bolero.’
    ........This analogy will be lost on younger posters. Who the * is Torvill & Dean? I hear you ask.