1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely think people are overestimating how important 10IAR is to the players. The Scottish boys will know the significance but ultimately they all want to win the league because they're pros and it gives them a shot at CL qualification, as well as any bonuses that are in their contracts.

Edouard will stay here because he's happy and wants to continue his development, if he does it's a huge bonus as most of us can see he's too good for Scotland but the board should be offering to make him the highest earner if they have any ambition.

JimmyJoh likes this.
  2. Trequartista

Of the utmost importance that we do all we possibly can to keep him here until next summer. If he stays and we do 10, he’ll bow out an absolute hero.

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He will stay if the money is on the table , proper money.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If Edourd does stay for 10 then the board and the scouting team need to be working hard all season identifying and making sure they get the right replacement for Ed. If it needs to be £7-9m then so be it because we should expect no less than £40m for the big man and sell on clauses. Anything else will be a complete anti climax but the fans need to be patient with any new signing as there were plenty bursting Edourds balls the first season he was here.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nah, if a club that's right for him comes in, he'll be off, regardless of how much we offer him.

We do need to make it as difficult as possible for him to leave..

The Copenhagen result wasn't helpful in that respect.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    my exact thought at the time

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Definitely damaging....although he had his part to play in our downfall in the tie as well (despite the 2 goals)..

Keano88 likes this.
  8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Strangely I was thinking this exact thing today, not linked to 10 in a row perse, but a loan move next season for him looks a good bet and can imagine up here would suit all parties.....not sure how I would feel about it though mate.

9. Pearse67*

No way tierney will be back on loan.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Nah.

He's moved on and we've moved on.

If we're getting guys in on loan then they should be with options to buy or at the very least a chance of getting them on a permanent.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

KT passed up his opportunity to celebrate 10IAR with his boyhood club. Unlucky.

He doesn’t deserve that lifeline never mind the impossible logistics of it occurring.

12. jamiebhoy67

Personally I think eddy will stay another year at least if it's true we are offering him 50k a week it's a no brainer suits everyone he leaves an icon we get 40m plus and he leads us to the 10 and European final Haha well maybe not 40 million but the rest is 100% accurate Haha

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon admits he’d love to see Celtic talisman Osdonne Edouard tied to Parkhead for the next five years.

Record Sport revealed on Monday that Hoops chiefs have already made a move to secure the frontman on a bumper new deal.

Edouard is under contract to 2022 and Celts are looking to offer an extension to safeguard one of their top assets with a view to the 22-year-old committing to staying until the end of next term at least.

Lennon admitted he’ll leave the negotiations to Parkhead chief Peter Lawwell but he is hoping the marksman will stick around for the long term.

He said: “I’d love to give him new deal – I’d give him a five-year deal tomorrow.

“If there’s something in the offing then brilliant.

“Odsonne’s improving all the time. He’s a talismanic player for us – he’s been absolutely magnificent this season.

He said: “I’d love to give him new deal – I’d give him a five-year deal tomorrow.

“If there’s something in the offing then brilliant.

“Odsonne’s improving all the time. He’s a talismanic player for us – he’s been absolutely magnificent this season.

But I think there’s more to come from him. I hope he’s doing that here with us.

“I think there’s improvement in him – he can get better. But he’s already a highly talented player.”

Celtic are aware there will be huge interest in the Edouard in the summer – with ex-Hoops gaffer Brendan Rodgers interested in luring the France under 21 star to Leicester City.

The Scottish champions will command compensation in excess of the record £25m fee collected for Kieran Tierney.

But Lennon insisted there’s no reason the striker should be looking to make the leap sooner rather than later.

He said: “Would I advise him to stay? Why not? But I don’t know what’s out there for him. I’m sure there’s plenty of suitors so it won’t be down to my decision. I’ll do all I can to keep him

We’ll wait and see.

“He’s not the type to be banging down your door. He seems quite happy.

He’s laid back. He’s got 27 goals already this season and I think he can get to 30 comfortably and that would be a wonderful season for him.

“But it’s not just his goals, his all-round game has been absolutely superb.”

Edouard is set to lead the line at Livingston tomorrow as Celts look to maintain their 12-point advantage over Rangers in the Premiership.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Still refusing to get my hopes up, even if he signs a deal.

Rydo1888* and Random Review like this.
  15. wulliebad

He picked the money,he can stay where he is.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  16. wulliebad

How many (celtic men) do we have to watch leave as soon as someone else comes calling before celtic fans wake up to the fact someone staying when they have better offers is as rare as hens teeth.

17. wulliebad

I think he will sign a 1 year extension and stay and do the ten,then he gets his move and we get a wee bit of money for him.
    Everyone is happy then,i would say he is not making the noises of someone wanting to leave but that means nothing these days.
    Even if he does not sign a new deal i would keep him here for the 10,he is under contract and we just get less money for him after the 10.
    Money is not everything,sometimes the club has to take a hit for the fans.

18. cammy07

Class again, the goal was all his but in name and desperately unlucky with his shot that hit the post.

The only slight criticism you could have of him is he always wants a touch too much, the chance he had in the second half was great defending but eddy was away from him and should have got his shot off. Same with the first half when he ended ambrose but ended up taking 5 or 6 touches after.

That aside he was excellent and still clinging onto hope we get him to sign a new deal, really looks like he's enjoying his football here at the moment.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Different gravy, again. What a player.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Deffo takes a bit too long to take the shot on..

Showed some lovely skill over and over but feel like he's missing his mojo still just now..

Morcombe likes this.