1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye, until Simunovic * us, the formation was working.

Very fine margins in these games tbh. On another night we’d have had a lead at half time.

2. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

the manager made errors with the lineup and formation

think he over complicates things at times in the big games

3. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye, in Europe you cant afford to miss chances like the one Elyanoussi missed in the first half. It doesnt matter if its Copenhagen or Real Madrid if you miss chances like that in Europe the opposition is very likely to make you pay.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Copenhagen are a far cry from RM, I'd say Aberdeen are better than that mob.

5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah, Aberdeen are flying in the Europa league this season to be fair.

HTG, Mr Shelby, Mickmac and 4 others like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Right enough, Aberdeen have went their last 29 European games not conceding more than a single goal.

7. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He should've started with Frimpong, and probably played Griffiths from the start.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

:56:

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Where did I downplay it?

I’m saying it becomes even more important now we’re out of Europe.

But I would rather win a double and progress in Europe than win another treble.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For me it’s not just any Cup win, it would be an unbelievable history making win.

Quadruple treble and no one has every won 4 Scottish Cups in a row.

Not saying we shouldn’t have progressed on Thu, but winning the Cup isn’t a confidence boosting consolation price, it’s probably never repeated history.

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This comment has attracted some ridicule, because it is so extreme; but I think a fair number of us massively underestimated Copenhagen, just as we did with Cluj. Just look at the number of people predicting we'd hammer a team that rarely ships more than 1 goal in Europe.

As someone (I forget who) pointed out after the Cluj game: these expectations can't be based on watching Celtic in Europe.

Mickmac and King of Kings like this.
  12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I completely disagree with this. Sorry man but the League is all that matters to me. Even more so now the Huns are out the cup!

I'm now thinking of next season and would be giving Soro and Dembele the cup matches as in the semi final and hopefully final! Give the manager slack!

13. baileyswalk

I'm the same, * off at the way we got put out the EL but only really give a * about the league this season. I won't relax until it's in the bag. Bring on the 10IAR season. It will be epic, I'm sure of it.

14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Have to agree with this both the league Cup and Scottish Cup have never meant so much. These are history making days, days I will tell my son about when he gets older. Winning 12 trophies on a trot? It's unheard of. Rangers didn't do it when they spent millions every year in the nineties. We've played fair, paid our taxes and still we win.

JC Anton likes this.
  15. freitassen

As I said many times, I live 15km away from Copenhagen, follow scandinavian football, watched many of their games. They are horrible, usually they are around our level but this one of the worst FC Copenhagen teams in many years A much worse team than Cluj. 2 wins out of 10 in Europe, against us and an obscure Lugano from Switzerland. Outmuscled and outfought by Malmö and Red Star who have smaller budgets than them, nevermind us. Many points behind a poor FC Midtjylland which the huns disposed of with ease. Dropped points against the two worst teams of the danish league before playing us. And in the top of that: as if they are not regularly bad enough, they played us in the middle of an injury crisis without what is arguably their two best players, Wind and Fischer.

It was an horrible result, and to be honest, in their right day Aberdeen could indeed have a good chance against them.

Jeremie Frimpong and Lewis Kerr like this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I don’t care if you’re Copenhagen’s Head Coach. They beat Aberdeen 10 times out of 10.

17. scottbrown8

The line up and formation on Thursday were terrible. I feel he showed them far to much respect and was more scared of losing the game than going out to win . There was absolutely no reason to bring simunovic in and push ajer out to right back. If you want simunovic in the team then ajer or Julien has to make way than ruin the balance of the team. All our play came from middle to left, there was absolutely no width on the right side, frimpong would have had plenty of space and would have got us on the front foot and pushed them back instead of slow sideways balls along the back inviting them onto us. I thought it was clear early on it wouldn't work. Thursday was also the first time I've seen Lennon scared to changing anything, whether that be due to not keen on who was on the bench or just ran out of ideas but it shouldn't take til the 70th min or so to change when your losing, also not taking rogic off earlier cost us massively, he was completely out of steam after the hour. Begs the question of where is soro when ntcham and Christie are missing. Also begs the question when our wide players aren't creating where's the likes of shved, arzani etc. As disappointing as that was I feel Lennon will learn from this and not make the same mistake again, thankfully we have 2/3 trophies in the bag and the 3rd massive favourites and we have done this by playing some excellent football

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Had a long chat tonight with loads of the lads....eventually we all agreed I was correct and he is the best Celtic manager since Martin O'Neil, surpassed only by Jock and inbetween Maley.

I wasnt a fan at first, but I am a lenny manic and totally believe in Lennism.

LEGEND

19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

No it wasn't

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

A lot of words basically the players shat their pants.