1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

St Johnstone v Celtic, Sunday March 1st, KO 3pm, Premier Sports 1 Scottish Cup

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 27, 2020.

Discuss St Johnstone v Celtic, Sunday March 1st, KO 3pm, Premier Sports 1 Scottish Cup in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Getting up for this now. Hope to see a confident display and a 3-0 win.

2. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Looking forward to this game it gives the players a chance to get over the disapointment of thursday and put a good performance in which i think they will 3-0

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. DonnyCelt

Still hurting from Thursday but go and completely annihilate these and I will start to feel better. COYBIG

4. Cupid Stunt

Think the Huns result puts even more pressure on us to bounce back from Thursday to be honest.

We've essentially been gifted a quadruple treble and from here it would be another catastrophe not to win it.

Dan Breen and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The next best side in the competition is out, and we have a great chance at a 4th consecutive treble.

Complacency hasn't really been an issue for us in the last few years. When we really need to win domestically, we tend to do it and I hope tomorrow is no different. Great opportunity to make amends for Thursday and crack on with the rest of our season.

Slaw likes this.
  6. Keano88

We haven’t been gifted anything.

Winning 23 of our last 24 domestic games is what has earned us the right to be in this position.

If we beat St. Johnstone: Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen are not going to roll over for us, we’ll need to earn it.

Dan Breen, rkid, Seán Mac D and 5 others like this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Expecting a reaction..

Will be tough, St. Johnstone going well.

Dan Breen and Sydneysider like this.
  8. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Just want us to batter everyone now until the end of the season.

0-4

Dan Breen and Sydneysider like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nonsense..

If anything our relentless domestic form has ultimately put pressure on them and they've folded from every challenge..

The pressure has been too much for them. I don't even think there's any debating that?

eire4 and Dan Breen like this.
  10. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Opposite for me man.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Need to keep the head and get the result

12. CountyDownFaithful

First thing I’ll say this isn’t going to be an easy game... yes we have a good record there but they’ve turned a corner and we are coming off a terrible a result.

Main point is this is a huge game after the Huns losing today. I know players and managers always say “we just focus on our own games” but it’s different when it comes to us and them. We were always in with a chance of getting a treble even if they stayed in the competition but with them knocked out we are clear favourites now.

Thursday was a bitter bitter disappointment and can’t be forgotten, lessons need to be learnt. But for now we need to get behind everyone associated with the team and push on. A quadruple treble is very achievable from the current position we are in.

13. Cupid Stunt

Hibs and Hearts are * pish, there's no getting away from the fact we should be pumping those anywhere anytime.

Aberdeen will be tough but always fold against us at Hampden.

We'll need to earn of course, but a bit like the Europa League, we couldn't have picked a better route to a quadruple treble with two pretty much already in the bag.

14. Cupid Stunt

I didn't say anything about them to be fair.

I just mean them being knocked out of the competition, leaves us a pretty clear path to a quadruple treble and this place and the wider support will go in to absolute * meltdown if it doesn't happen.

For me the pressure to win this cup has increased without the Huns in it, because most people will be looking at it as a formality.

Lenny seems to have turned a bit of a corner at Hampden and of the teams left in it, only Aberdeen should be even a slight worry.

The players handle this kind of pressure over and over and recent results should stave off any complacency, I just think it would be borederline unforgivable to not go on and win this now having been put out of the Europa the way we were.

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thanks for picking me up on this. Only way I can describe my post is that I think Hayes will have the legs and ability ei he wasn't involved in the midweek disaster! A wee freshen up although I rate Taylor. Cheers!

Dan Breen and FranceCelt like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    You did mention them..

Alluding to them being beat today gift wrapping us a quadruple treble and the pressure that will be on us tomorrow because of it..

I disagree completely..

17. Cupid Stunt

Well yeah, but not in the context to which you replied.

I didn't say anything about them being able to handle pressure, or make comparisons between us and them as you did.

I don't know if what I said came across like that but it's not what I was getting at all.

What they have and haven't been able to has no bearing on my feelings towards tomorrow.

I guess on the one hand, the pressure is maybe off because if we don't win it, then at least they can't, but that would be a strange way to look at things.

But I do genuinely feel like Hearts have borderline gift wrapped us the quadruple treble.

Nobody else bar the Huns is anywhere near our level and even the Huns can't sustain the level we operate at over the course of the season, so for me, anything other than winning the cup would be a massive disappointment from here which is why I think the pressure for tomorrow has ramped up.

Can you imagine going out of the Europa League in the manner we did and then the cup after the Huns have been papped out by Hearts in the same week? By the way I don't think it's going to happen, my comments are purely based on the pressure of the game, if people disagree that's fair enough!

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think we'll win with a bit to spare but now I wouldn't care if we even drew, lol. Just avoid defeat.

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No mention of trebles or semi finals let’s just get the job done pitch will be a * riot!

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Onefootwonder

Hopefully a big backlash after Thursday.

I've a horrible feeling it'll be a bit flat.