1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fans accepting 2nd best.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by straighttalker, Feb 28, 2020.

Discuss Fans accepting 2nd best. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I hope we do

2. davidhannah

We've all * up in work in our lives. This was an almighty * up with a few individual errors. We've got egg on our faces. Shame. Embarassessment. But a determination to go again. We'll be playing the last 32 next season guaranteed and going for ten in a row. It wasn't our best day, but our best days yet to come. Julien, Ajer and simunovic they will be hurting like * and they'll be better next season guaranteed. I've got a lot of faith in this Celtic team. It's hard not to. Enough of this microanaltic handwinging nonsense.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we lose at Livi do you think we'll bottle the league?

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nah I don’t see us bottling it tbh. I think they will drop points along the way. We need 6 wins am sure with 5 games to come at home. Would expect us to win all 5 and pick up the other 3 points we need at somepoint. Could be even less than 6 wins should they drop points which I think they will but I don’t see it being double figures come end of season

seanm likes this.
  5. RI Bhoy

Or is it just focusing on the wrong thing?

Has the treble become an issue?

Instead of playing the kids in the cups or in some home games, the 1st teamers hardly ever take a break -> too many games -> tired/injuries -> not having the gas left in the tank to close out a tie at home....I don't know...i just know these guys play a lot of games and this team has a lot of injuries....no idea if there's any correlation tho, maybe it is possible to focus on Europe and everything domestic with the same 15ish players...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

6. wulliebad

Waiting 6 years for Pierre van Hooijdonk to score a single goal and get us some silver,yeah fans don't know what they have it so good,sack lennon and the board.......oh my days.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    The only thing I'm annoyed about who we went out to, we don't have the finances to go much further. We were getting pumped in next round as Rangers will, and yeah its annoying they have went further but before the game I said to a couple of guys if you guarantee me a treble I'd take a defeat against Copenhagen.

Invest a little more yeah, but and not on projects, but sell some players to combat against taking a huge hit. Maybe give us a better chance of a CL qualification.

But we not going much further.

8. Hail_hail6767

Sadly that's the attitude of the boardroom.

9. Carnival Roddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At some point our board have got to look up and realise the world doesn’t end at Aberdeen or Ross County.
    Almost every season there are teams in other leagues with equitable, sometimes less resources than us, who outperform us in Europe. How often do we see Belgian, Danish, Balkan teams etc... push their way into latter stages on the back of being well organised and tactically disciplined? Under Lennon, we chop and change, we shoehorn ‘technicians’ into unnatural positions, we start players who haven’t played 90 mins for months, all in a must win high profile game.
    Copenhagen weren’t great; their keeper was immense and they defended with their lives. They didn’t create many chances especially on Thursday but my * they made them count. Us? We defended like our back line were strangers and we fannied about with the ball in the final 3rd making too many sloppy passes and horrific choices for final balls.
    This is Lennon in Europe - * all organisation and getting found out when the luck isn’t with him.
    The buck stops with Lawwell tho; everything on the cheap, from the manager to the signings, hitting and hoping that they’ll come good. We were crying out for a defender and a striker in Jan - not to boost the squad but to drive the starting XI forward. All we did was bloat the second string between our bench and reserves.
    This is Lawwellball folks and as long as he’s calling the shots, our world ends at home

Hail_hail6767 likes this.
  10. Hail_hail6767

I argee, and if Forster isn't here next season i'd get the Copenhangen keeper he was good for the 2 leg's.

11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok boomer...

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You saying they won’t James.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There is a self entitled element to our support and they are in their late teens to mid twenties who seem to think celtic wouldn’t exist without them. Regularly on Twitter with their venom and * “aye Celtic da” or “90s da patter” no thanks or respect for the older element of our support!

WeeFhatTart and charlietully like this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To me it’s not about spending big bucks we needed a centre half we could easily have went and got one on loan board are super tight at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foley1888 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't think it's a generational thing, the OP in this thread said he lived through the 90s and lost his * cause we reached the same stage of Europe as the last 3 seasons.

People just like to moan.

Random Review and charlietully like this.
  16. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

17. wulliebad

And if we did all that would happen is those players would run down their contracts and leave for nothing,the other side affect of refusing to sell to epl clubs or other big european teams is players would stop seeing us as a route to those clubs and it would be even harder to sign the likes of eddy.
    Plus we need the money.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

On the flip side, there’s plenty of older Celtic fans who still think it’s relevant to say “aye but you didn’t live through the 90’s” to excuse the club for having a lack of ambition these days.

The 90’s was a long time ago now and doesn’t factor into what’s happening now. Expectations and demands are completely different now and they should be, given what’s happened in Scottish football.

19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    There are some Celtic fans that would be happy if we won 20 straight trebles and did .uck all in Europe during all that time.
    Of course I want us to win the league badly,we all want that but I would take long runs in Europe over the Scottish Cup with ease and as for the League Cup,Europe is beyond more important.
    And yes I am still hurting over our exit from Europe because I wanted and thought we could raise the bar again.

20. Foley1888

I think what hurts the most about the Copenhagen game is how poor they were, yet they managed to beat us. Combine that with the chances we missed in both legs particularly the first leg, where by half time the tie should have been finished. Even in the second half over there despite how poor we were we should have got at least a couple of goals.

But I do think it is how poor the opposition were that makes it so hard to take.