1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Crowd / Atmosphere at Celtic Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, Feb 28, 2020.

Discuss The Crowd / Atmosphere at Celtic Park in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Too many of the tartan scarf brigade, sitting on their hands tutting at the players.

The ridiculous price for tickets is pricing out a lot of ordinary fans. As a result the place is full of Barbour jackets and flat caps, until the 80th minute when they all leave early to beat the traffic.

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I know we needed 2 but with 5 mins plus injury time left that was still doable. Same for me mate just went at the final whistle, a long 3 hour drive home after that.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

True story.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

After our goal and until they scored was immense. * it after that.

5. Aidan O’Shea

Our fans are absolutely horrendous.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The player's have to get the crowd up for it as well..

It takes two..

We looked nervy from the off. That translated to the crowd big time..

Was good at time's but there was an air of inevitability that Jozo particularly would * up. I think we could all see it being a matter of time..

jake10 and JML67 like this.
  7. lewis_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Annoys me that people sit down during big games like that. My seat is in the very back row so I always stand up anyway. Fair enough older people maybe can't stand for long periods but the atmosphere of a lot of european teams compared to ours is night and day, folk sitting down and no singing songs just annoys me fans should want to create the best atmosphere to support the players

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  8. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Guy next to me did nothing but shout abuse at the team last night. Felt like telling him to leave before he had a heart attack.

I can be pretty critical on here, but in the stadium I'd never resort to that. A lot of the older ones in particular are bad for it, which is strange as they were around when Parkhead had twice the atmosphere it does now.

The Green Brigade have also made the rest of the stadium lazy (no fault of theirs). There was a time when everyone would be 100% behind the team and not just one corner.

Mr Shelby and richardm like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This isn’t a new thing I said the same against Boavista in 2003 and Villarreal in 2004!

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Would call the atmosphere 'nervous excitement' on nights like that, can quickly go either way. The players are the ones who should be remaining calm and getting the fans excited...

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

European nights are weird now because there’s people there who are maybe at their first game of the season, around me anyway they seem to be the moaners. There’s actually a guy that’s sat behind me for every European game and he’s a nightmare for moaning. Doesn’t praise anything.

It absolutely goes two ways, if the players don’t turn up from the start then the crowd gets flat and it snowballs.

jake10 likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Doable, there’s always hope.

Last night was the first time I can remember in a long time that I felt no hope at all. Just after the way the two legs had gone.

13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    To be honest I’m really glad this thread has come up because I’ve been wanting to comment on this issue for a while.

Starting with last night, yes it was a bit tense and bar the madness after we scored the atmosphere was nothing special at all, lots of folk seem to want to moan more than they want to get behind the team, that breed seem to be increasing all the time, all the disco light stuff etc I’m tired of already and much prefer the old way with the proper YNWA and not this orchestrated pish we get now, the European nights are not what they were and I don’t buy into who the opposition may be, I remember Shaktar Donetsk and Karagandy being some of the very best for noise.

On a wider scale I really strongly believe our home support in general has dipped alarmingly in the last few seasons, this is odd considering the holy grail of 10 in a row and the historic achievements that lie ahead, we should be behind the team more now than ever in my view.

On Sunday there was zero atmosphere for most of the game bar a cheer when St Johnstone equalised again Sevco, up until then it was constant moaning and silence, even when we did the business and turned it round there was the usual mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards which must be soul destroying for the players, this was no one off, it’s all home games these days where we get this, only Lazio has been decent, Sevco in December was maybe the worst I’ve heard at that fixture, in many ways I’m confirming the original post but don’t have answers to why this is the case, the spoilt argument seems the logical one.

I went to an Arsenal game at the Emirates the other week, a ground often slammed for its lack of atmosphere, indeed it wasn’t that great but certainly no worse than Parkhead has been for quite some time now for league games

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The last really special night I can remember is the Man City game mate, but last night was horrendous for absolute bangers. And Lazio as you mentioned of course, but even then they were getting on the teams back until we turned it round.

Pablo87, Mince.Charming and richardm like this.
  15. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There are folk who go there and contribute zero to the occasion other than when they can moan, a guy behind me at the Ross game recently moaned continuously, never cheered the goals and in fact never got out of his seat when we scored, some people just don’t even seem to be enjoying being there but perversely pay money to annoy every other * around them

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  16. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good call, that was genuinely a brilliant night and what I hark back to in comparison with recent Euro games

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've noticed that numerous time's in our home game's even when watching on the telly (or a stream :fear:) that some don't even stand up when we score..

I honestly find that weird :giggle1:

richardm likes this.
  18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Atmosphere was horrendous last night in my opinion. Their fans completely out sang us and were taking the * out of us with the hushing and “who are ye” as well and that was at 0-0 when were still ahead in the tie.

One of the biggest gripes for me is not being able to stand at a game and having mad tutters on your back if you stand up for too long at a chance. Always find it bizzare that everycunt rises to their feet the second the half time whistle goes and manage to stand for the duration of it as well. I tend to try and stand at the exits now and hope that the polis or stewards on duty don’t get pissy.

Much prefer an away game or Hampden these days.

lewis_88, Gyp Rosetti and Pablo87 like this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Every single stadium in football is like this tbh.

20. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I sit next to the standing section, and every single game I hear the bhoys on the megaphone shouting at the left side of the standing section to get involved.

I get they dont have to sing if they dont want to but why buy a ticket there knowing that's what's expected?

buchanbhoy and Ciaran_67 like this.