1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

It was obvious in the first 10 minutes of the game yesterday how it was gonna go, we looked nervous at the back and toothless up front.

The lack of tactics and in game management last night was frightening.. The players let the fans down massively but Lenny also needs to take a look at himself imo. The whole tie apart from 45 minutes was a disgrace if we're being honest.

This was the hardest defeat for me in years because we should have won. I legitimately thought we could do something this year, but yet again it's another disappointment and our best player will leave in the summer. From now on I will have the lowest expectations possible in Europe, hurts even more when that * across the road manage to qualify and we don't.

littlekennie and buchanbhoy like this.
  2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its not necessarily to do with either. It’s psychological, teams become complacent after scoring a goal and switch off.

Which is exactly what we did, our shape was all over the place.

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    He’s going to need to fix this issue with being overrun in the middle of the park. The defence is not good enough to withstand that sort of pressure. I’m concerned that the Huns will just overrun us again unless we change something up. They shouldn’t be either because we have much better players.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Rodgers and Deila got a few horrific results against teams with far lesser budgets also. Worth bearing that in mind.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  5. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Miss Christie's energy in there, even ntcham if he puts in one of his good performances. That said, the way we played last night it may not have made that much of a difference had they been fit. The passing was slow or non existent, no energy. Edouard so isolated. The defence rightly getting stick for the errors but where were the options to play it into the middle from the back?

6. angusceltic67

Lenny was brought in to secure the 9/10, and the important thing about this season is that we nearly have the nine in the bag already, also with a cracking chance to wrap it up in two weeks time, Europe was always just a bonus.

For me It was a decent enough first European campaign for himself, when you consider we won our Europa group and took a couple of decent scalps along the way.

I expect us to get further next season.

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As pointed out, that Euro Campaign was better than most of the previous managers. Lennon and WGS produced many a night to remember.

I like his taste in players, selections and tactics in general while ignoring our idiotic fans who slate our best performers hoping for something different perhaps through boredom or playing computer games!

The fact he's a real Celtic man is a bonus but less important than his management skills.

All that matters in the next 2 seasons is winning the League. The Scottish Cup would be nice but not the end of the world if we don't win it!

Mickmac, Eazey, Dazman1988 and 2 others like this.
  8. Carnival Roddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I get the disappointment mate and the baffling thing for me is why wait until a must win match to revert back to one up front, at the same time as starting Moi and Rogic and Broony who wasn’t 100%. I thought Rogic looked sharp in first half but should never have stayed on beyond 60. Poor all round in a match where, in spite of this all, we should have won were it not for repeated profligacy in front of goal

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Lewis Kerr likes this.
  9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

There keeper was immense aswel. Not many out there would save the things he saved. He won that tie for them.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Scottish cup for me is important need to win as many trebles as possible the prize money isn’t big but the impact it has on fans is incredible when you look at turnover and season ticket sales it important to keep the train going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

European football matters as well if we want to keep attracting good players and keep the ones we have.

And this season now the Scottish Cup really matters. Failing to win that after getting pumped out of the EL by Copenhagen would make the season end on a fairly underwhelming note, given how far in front we are in the league at this point.

Lewis Kerr and Valhalla like this.
  12. Hail_hail6767

He fked up was playing for a 0-0. Need defender's in the summer, but it's on him of that joke on Thursday. Jozo is done and to think the manager put him in.

13. Carnival Roddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We have to be better and aim higher than the ten, or trebles... as great as dominating at home is, I look at the other teams in the last 16 and the way the draw has opened up. Barring a nightmare draw we should be aiming to get to last 16 or quarters given our resources relative to some of the others left in the draw, Sevco for example.

14. Hail_hail6767

I paid £37 for that shitshow anyone not at the game consider yourself lucky lol.

15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I paid for me my 3 children and a boyfriend and a girlfriend. 6 tickets for over 200 quid - think yourself lucky!

thailandceltic likes this.
  16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Four trebles in a row would be a staggering achievement and should never be downplayed.

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brave of ye to take your boyfriend and your girlfriend to the same game....:fear:

18. Lewis Kerr

We haven't done it yet, another treble in the bag this season and it would soften the blow by being an amazing feat, but I can't be the only supporter fed up with the lack of European progression..

Maybe we as fans need a reality check, maybe we aren't a good enough team beyond EL last 32 anymore.. But we should not have lost to Copenhagen and that's the depressing thing

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Europe is our benchmark, this side under Lenny is obviously a work in progress..

However, my point was to @Officer Doofy, stating that winning the Cup has become important this season downplays a little what that achievement would actually mean, provided we see out the league.

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Exactly.. Europe should be our benchmark. And for as long as I can remember we have been failing miserably under several different managers. Maybe the blame isn't at our managers. Saying that like the Cluj game this was an absolute bottle job from Lennon.. not good enough..

As for the Scottish cup, give me a semi final in Europe any day over the cup..